remake recipe pumpkin bundt cakes

by lori on January 11, 2012

gluten free cakes

hello friends!

does anyone remember these pumpkin bars with cashew lucuma frosting recipe?

well since that pumpkin recipe was so easy to make I decided to remake that recipe but in a different shape. I was in need for a healthy snack for Gary to take into work with him. and I thought of these but without the beloved cashew lucuma frosting. I know how can I not want the frosting, the best part right? well I wanted something that was easy to just throw in a bag. and these new pumpkin bundt cake recipe worked out beautifully!

gluten free pumpkin recipe

pumpkin

pumpkin gluten free cake recipeGary approved.

Gary devoured.

pumpkin cake recipeyou could always top these pumpkin cakes with our cashew lucuma frosting as we did before, but not necessary as these are wonderful on their own. it was a great portable snack for Gary to take into work.

Twins Question: What snacks do you pack for your other half/boy or girl friend/husband/wife? Do you pack your own lunch?

Lori

*A LITTLE REMINDER

refresh your RSS feed and google reader to make sure you do not miss a post

Kris | iheartwellness.com January 11, 2012 at 9:30 am

Oh goodness!!! These look amazing!! I pack EVERYTHING for Ryan when we leave the house. LOL! We both work from home {obviously} but he eats a lot, so lots of bars, snacks I make and nuts! Today we’re traveling to Miami so you should see our snacks….oh lordie….

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Grain Free Blueberry Lemon MuffinsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 11, 2012 at 9:34 am

Kris safe travels to sunny FL!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free January 11, 2012 at 10:09 am

I love it when you girls make “mini” treats-they are always so adorable!

And yes, I do pack treats for myself…and others! Lately it has been power-fiber muffins (a new recipe!)
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Day 11: Oatmeal Raisin BizookiesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 11, 2012 at 10:41 am

Thanks Alex we like small portable food ;)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) January 11, 2012 at 10:58 am

I normally make gluten free sausage balls or oatmeal cookies for Tony when he needs snacks on the go. I always pack my own lunch/dinner. Your cakes look delicious! I just roasted a pumpkin yesterday and I need some muffins now! Love pumpkin! Have a great day ladies!

Lori and Michelle January 11, 2012 at 11:26 am

thanks Sarena and Tony is one lucky guy :)
Hope you have a great day too!

katie @KatieDid January 11, 2012 at 11:42 am

What a lucky guy, I’m sure everyone is jealous of his awesome treats and food at work!
I don’t have to pack lunch for myself very often, or friends or family right now as I live with roommates and that might be a little strange if I packed their lunches lol. I do love packing sweet potatoes for myself though when I’m on the run- surprisingly portable.

bitt January 11, 2012 at 2:23 pm

So cute!

I feel a little bad now but I never pack my husband anything really, he does it himself. He is very self sufficient when it comes to his diet. We each have different needs so we do out own thing, but share some of the time. When we go on a day trip together I like to pack some kale chips or veggies and dip for the both of us. And maybe some chocolate. We both love that.

Ela January 11, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I love small portable snacks and I sure remember those pumpkin bars–I made a yam version right away in response!
Ela recently posted..Mint-Carob Truffles–So Good, They Get a Post to ThemselvesMy Profile

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous January 11, 2012 at 5:40 pm

My husband is an intern so I am always making him snacks for his night shifts…mainly cookies and granola bars (although I try to make them healthy)

Laury @thefitnessdish January 11, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I keep forgetting to update my reader! I’m missing all of your beautiful posts :(

Random….I call my cat bundt cake. I’m weird like that…no idea how that nickname came about but my mom one time told me to stop saying it because she was hungry hahah.

Anyway..these look amazing. And cute! I don’t have a bundt pan though! I need one and a doughnut pan so I can make your amazing doughnuts too!
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..The Great Fat FraudMy Profile

Lisa January 11, 2012 at 7:14 pm

These look amazing! I think I’d like them both with and without frosting :)
I don’t pack anything for Joe—he’s too picky (he calls it being particular), so he packs his own!
Also, I work at home, so I don’t pack myself anything either…but if I am going to be out at lunch time, I usually pack a smoothie or protein shake…so boring!
Lisa recently posted..A Memorable CryMy Profile

Jessica LeBoeuf January 11, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I definitely pack my meals as it is both cheaper and healthier. I went on a ski trip for 3 days and I made ALL of my meals ahead of time. It saved me time so I could ski more. I always make food for my brother because I feel the motherly instinct over him. He is so spoiled but he loves it because he knows he’s getting something healthy and yummy!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices January 12, 2012 at 7:44 am

haha I like the Gary approved part. Anything that is small and extra cute is more likely to be eaten by me…which is basically all of your stuff! :)
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Spotlight On: Millet and What to Do With It!My Profile

LizAshlee January 12, 2012 at 8:05 am

I am definitely in a pumpkin phase right now…I will have to check out the original recipe..thanks!
LizAshlee recently posted..Fighting the Funk+Mexican Salsa PizzaMy Profile

TriciaRatner January 27, 2012 at 9:43 am

I agree, they are really cute! I hope i can make my own too…
TriciaRatner recently posted..Downton Abbey is Classic British TVMy Profile