chocolate heaven

by Lori and Michelle on January 10, 2012

raw vegan chocolate

hello again friends!

last week we had a lovely package arrive at our doorstep. the amazing and ever so talented and dear friend Heather sent us some of her delicious raw chocolate goodies to try. and boy were we excited to devour them all.

Heather is a small business owner, just like us, and we have become close friends. one thing we have learned about being business owners is that it is extremely comforting to connect with others alike. Heather is extremely talented at what she does and she inspires us everyday to do better with our own creations! she sells her raw goodies at farmers market, has a few ebooks (which we have and they are amazing!), and does cooking demonstrations!!

we even participated in her raw ice cream challenge two years ago, which was a lot of fun for us.

vegan raw chocolate turtlesso many chocolate goodies from truffles to chocolate pecan turtles to chocolate covered brownies to cookie caramel chocolate bars

okay seriously does life get any better?  CHOCOLATE HEAVEN for sure!! they are were all delicious! even Gary enjoyed some too

people in Canada sure are lucky to have access to Heather’s treats and her amazing culinary skills.

raw chocolate truffles and brownies

we just love meeting and being able to help other small business owners because we understand all the hard work and sacrifices made to run a business. we love making goodies for others, as does Heather, so being able to connect, network, and share with as many people as possible is a wonderful thing.

both of us are always getting inspired from other chefs. it is amazing what some people can do with food. so many amazing chefs that we look up to daily for inspiration, hope, and motivation.

Twins Question: What chef or baker do you look up to? Who inspires you right now in your career? Do you want to be a chef or baker?

Lisa January 10, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Wow–the chocolates look amazing! Great photos too :)
It always amazes me what people like you two and Heather can do with food—it’s so pretty and I’m sure it’s delicious too!

I don’t aspire to be a baker or professional in the kitchen–most of my food is really ugly. So I just do it for fun!
Just a side note: I’m realizing I’ve missed a bunch of your posts—for some reason they are not showing up in my google reader!
Lisa recently posted..A Memorable CryMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 10, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Ya Lisa we have had major problems with our google reader ever since mid Nov. We are not sure what happened, we did a post about our new feed now – http://www.pure2raw.com/2011/12/refreshing-google-reader-and-rss-feeds-issue/

Juliane @ C'est moi à Paris January 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I would love to open a vegan café here in Paris! And not just because Paris is almost a desert for vegans but because I want to share how tasty vegan food is and how good it makes you feel.
For 2009 I had the new year’s resolution to become vegan, just to give it a try and I have never looked back!
Juliane @ C’est moi à Paris recently posted..Palais RoyalMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 10, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Juliane glad to here a vegan lifestyle is working for you. and yes vegan food can be tasty! best of luck to you!!

Evan Thomas January 10, 2012 at 6:02 pm

This DOES look like heaven. I’m drooling all over my keyboard
Evan Thomas recently posted..How To Season RiceMy Profile

Lauren January 10, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Heathy is so great! And I have had her chocolates and they are delicious!!! So many talented ladies in the blog world, including you two!
Lauren recently posted..Raw Food World GoodiesMy Profile

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga January 10, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Such a nice stash of chocolate! Heather is a doll, for sure!

I look up to so many people, both in the kitchen and chefs, on blogs, photographers and food stylist..they ALL inspire me!

jessie ann james January 10, 2012 at 7:47 pm

uh looks amazing! how do i order some of this goodness?? I wish I had the money, means, and kitchen to run my own raw vegan bakery! hopefully someday because I love a good tasting, healthy treat!
jessie ann james recently posted..Beauty Products that Support Your Health GoalsMy Profile

Lou January 10, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Happy Days right there, when a box of chocolate joy arrives on your doorstep! Very very jealous :)

I’m neither a chef, nor baker but I have “cooked” and “baked” in cafes/bars which is not my ideal job (crazy hours, stressful, not so nice customers!) but I love food and now I’m a stay at home Mum I have the luxury of extra time in the kitchen. Feeding my family healthy, delicious and fun food is pretty rewarding.
Lou recently posted..Comment on start it off right by LouMy Profile

LizAshlee January 11, 2012 at 7:12 am

These look super yummy..so pretty too! Happy Wednesday! Pure2Raw is definitely an inspiration…or your Twin Cakes Bakery!!
LizAshlee recently posted..Fighting the Funk+Mexican Salsa PizzaMy Profile

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous January 11, 2012 at 7:29 am

Those chocolates are so gorgeous! I wish I could do that!
Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous recently posted..Antioxidant Tuesdays-Red Delicious ApplesMy Profile

Heathy January 11, 2012 at 8:30 am

Glad you liked the choccies girls! Too bad they’re so battered and looking less than stellar from the long journey. Im very inspired by both of you and all that you do and share! xooxoxo
Heathy recently posted..Veggie Party FoodMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 11, 2012 at 9:06 am

HEATHY – oh the joys of shipping food right?? but they still tasted amazing! thanks again girl