layered apple pie & pumpkin pie mousse

by Lori and Michelle on January 6, 2012

hello luvs!

we made it through another week! still hard to believe it is already January 6?!? crazy

when looking back over the months of sharing recipes and still working on getting our recipe page up-to-date ( needs more work but getting there). we came across two old favorites of ours raw apple pie (also have done a remake of it as an apple pie parfait) and pumpkin pie mousse recipes. and decided to combine them together since we loved both of them so much.

granny smith apples and dates

and we love doing desserts in layers as you can tell from our layered chocolate mint cake, triple layered pumpkin mousse cake, our layered mint cookie sandwich, to our pink layered ice cream cake and to our almond pistachio fig creme cake

we love doing layers because you get all these different flavors and textures in one dish. love it.

healthy guilt free gluten free dessert

we used organic apples, organic dates, canned pumpkin and canned coconut milk so we call it mostly raw since the canned are not. if you would like to keep it all raw you will have to make your own pumpkin (or even a winter squash might work) puree and use your own dairy free milk of choice. sometimes we are just too busy to make everything homemade so it is nice to have back-ups.

one great thing about this recipe is that it is actually really simple to make. it may not look that way but promise it is. you will dirty a few dishes but promise it is so worth it! we absolutely fell in love with this version of combing pumpkin pie and apple pie recipes.

granny smith apple pie granny smith apples are perfect for this recipe. though you could use any apples of your liking. really you can not go wrong with blending apples and dates together. if you have not tried it yet you should, because it really is so good.

making of a raw apple pumpkin pie dessert

and don’t even get us started on how damn good the pumpkin pie mousse is. we have made it a few times already here. not only is this pumpkin pie mousse perfect right after whipping it in the blender, it is really good chilled too! promise! and it is low in sugar from using stevia and made from just 6 ingredients! amazing we tell ya

gluten free vegan pumpkin pie apple dessert seriously we want to go make this again right now! mmm breakfast? possible it will happen again.

this layered parfait is that scrumptious and sensational! don’t believe us try it yourself and you will discover just how good this parfait really is.

raw vegan apple pie batterwho loves apples? who loves dates?

dairy free vegan pumpkin pie dessertwho loves pumpkin? who loves smooth creamy desserts?

now this little piece of heaven in a glass cup was everything and more! each layer of flavors combined together so nicely. the texture that the apples provided a nice contrast to the smooth pumpkin layer. pure bliss.

vegan apple pie with pumpkin dessertwe actually ate ours for breakfast! who says this can’t be a breakfast? so full of so many great vitamins and fiber. and taste unbelievable. can’t ask for much more.

really this parfait is perfect to eat at anytime of the day. and it is even better when enjoyed with small spoons.

we did ours in 3 servings. one for each of us and then of course Gary got one too. though his was made in a to go mason jar.

mason jar to go dessert

who would of thought that an apple pie pumpkin pie mousse dessert could be so cute and portable? got to love those mason jars!

Twins Question: Do you like parfaits? Do you like layered desserts? What do you like better apple pie or pumpkin pie? Or would you like what we did and combine the two?

L&M

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) January 6, 2012 at 7:47 am

This is nothing short of amazing! I am sold! My favorite flavors in one amazingly delicious treat! I can’t wait to try this out! Have a great weekend ladies!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Chia Jam!My Profile

Lori and Michelle January 6, 2012 at 8:25 am

thanks Sarena it is some of our fav flavors too :)
HUGS

lindsay January 7, 2012 at 10:45 am

agreed! and those colors look so nourishing! great photography as well. Come feed us!
lindsay recently posted..Goodbye Auckland, it was real.My Profile

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free January 6, 2012 at 7:49 am

I love parfaits, too! And heck yes this can be considered a breakfast :D :D

If I had to choose between apple and pumpkin pie, though, I would choose pumpkin every time. It is 100% better in my opinion!
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Day 6: Sweet or SavoryMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 6, 2012 at 8:25 am

haha tough choice Alex pumpkin is an all time fav of ours too ;)

LizAshlee January 6, 2012 at 8:09 am

This looks amazing…I have been enjoying pumpkin for breakfast the past couple days and I LOVE parfaits!! :)
LizAshlee recently posted..New Favorite Food Friday+Chocolate Almond Coconut BarsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 6, 2012 at 8:26 am

thanks Liz, and I know we love parfaits too! just so cute and fun to make

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous January 6, 2012 at 8:38 am

That pumpkin mousse looks to die for!
Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous recently posted..Toxic Thursday-Food PreservativesMy Profile

fartygirl January 6, 2012 at 9:19 am

I’m not a huge fan of fruit, due to synaesthesia. BUT the mousse looks delectable. I can also see the pumpkin mousse going well with a raw buckwheat granola or oats too. Nice one! :-)
fartygirl recently posted..Pizza Pizza Kale Chips!!!!My Profile

Lori and Michelle January 6, 2012 at 10:07 am

oh yes mousse go great with buckwheat YUM

Nicole @ Making Good Choices January 6, 2012 at 1:43 pm

yum! this looks delicious and your pictures are gorgeous too!
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Ward off Boredom: Intervals on TreadmillMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 6, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Thanks Nicole!

Charissa January 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm

This is so pretty…you girls take such great photos…
Charissa recently posted..Setting New Year’s Goals and Keeping Yourself MotivatedMy Profile

Ela January 6, 2012 at 7:32 pm

That’s just such a great idea, and sounds like a wonderful bfast also. Perfect flavor combination.

I’m often not very attentive to textural variations and tend to mix stuff all up together, but the layering is so visually appealing.
Ela recently posted..Zucchini, Cake, and Two Kinds of WorkMy Profile

lynn @ the actor's diet January 6, 2012 at 8:34 pm

that parfait looks….parfait! (en francais)
lynn @ the actor’s diet recently posted..Good Morning, South PasadenaMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 7, 2012 at 6:03 am

haha :)

Erica January 7, 2012 at 5:26 am

That raw apple pie looks out of this world!! I used to be big into yogurt parfaits until the babe was having issues with the lactose! This is a great alternative!
Erica recently posted..Mish MoshMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 7, 2012 at 6:04 am

thanks Erica!!

Kate January 7, 2012 at 7:20 am

I love the idea of a layered parfait its not only gorgeous but so fun to eat although I could probably be totally happy eating that raw apple pie on its own, it looks fabulous!

Heathy January 7, 2012 at 3:34 pm

These look SO delish! I love raw apple pie and pumpkin – great combo idea. Check out my blog post ;) xo
Heathy recently posted..Gourmet DelightsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 8, 2012 at 9:39 am

thanks Heathy and yes we will! xoxo

Kris | iheartwellness.com January 7, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I loooove parfaits and will TOTALLY be rocking this out as soon as I can place fruit back in my system ;) I would thing green apples are uber low sugar, so they might be ok! YAY!

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Fear Is The Best Friend You Want To Kick in the ShinMy Profile

hihorosie January 15, 2012 at 10:19 pm

mmm. that looks quite lovely!
hihorosie recently posted..Don’t Dew It!My Profile

Lori and Michelle January 7, 2012 at 1:08 pm

thanks Lindsay we are on our way :)