3 ingredient crustless quiche recipe

by Lori and Michelle on February 23, 2012

hello luvs,

we have mentioned before how much we love quiches. and already made a kale veggie quiche that was very tasty. we consider these recipes of ours as crustless quiches because that is what we grew up with, but a few of you have mentioned it could be a frittatas. so call it what you may, they are healthy, quick meals! and even great for a post workout meal.

spinach sweet potato

this time around we wanted to make a quiche that had all the ingredients of our post-workout eats lately. that way we could enjoy it right after our workouts.

so we got to thinking ok key ingredients are dark leafy greens, sweet potato, and eggs. what could we make with these? um

quiche!

3 ingredient quiche!

gluten free spinach quiche

doesn’t get much easier then that.  it is so easy to make too!

we made this quiche crustless because we do not really like crusts. we know we know, sometimes the crust is the best part. but we really just like the filling. so that is what we focused on.

sweet potato easy healthy quiche

and wanted it to be very simple. and that is what we did with this recipe. it is easy. it is healthy. it is naturally gluten free made from wholesome ingredients.

if you are wanting to use this quiche but want a crust we would suggest this almond crust recipe. or another great crustless full of protein and super easy recipe is this baked quinoa pie.

3 ingredient quiche

we feel this is great post workout because you have a balance of protein, alkalinity, vitamins, minerals, and a good carb source to fuel your musclesnow you do not have to always eat this for post workout, really can be enjoyed anytime.  just a post workout meal we have enjoyed before.

after we workout we just want a pure wholesome foods, which normally consists of eggs, some type of green and a little sweet potato. we usually just throw these ingredients into a bowl and enjoy, so this time we wanted to try something different.

hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did.

we are currently in Orlando at Disney for the Princess Half Marathon working with Raw Threads. our next few days are going to be very busy and crazy, we will try to keep up with everything here on the blog.  we are excited to be here, always love coming back here as it reminds us of our childhood. Lori is a huge Pluto fan and Michelle loves Goofy.

Twins Question:  What is your favorite Disney character? Disney movie? have you been to Disney? do you like coming to Disney?

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free February 23, 2012 at 6:17 am

Love it!!!! Mmm Mmmm…My favorite quiche crust is a crust made out of whole brown rice (it sticks together my adding an egg white).
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Flourless Banana BreadMy Profile

Erica February 23, 2012 at 7:10 am

What a great meal! I don’t like traditional crust, so I’d LOVE this. The mash potato is a great add in. Hope the sales go well!! Favorite Disney character? Thats like the hardest question…..i guess Tinkerbell…she is so darn cute!
Erica recently posted..White Whole Wheat BreadMy Profile

katie @KatieDid February 23, 2012 at 7:18 am

This is pretty much exactly my go-t0 post workout meal except all put together into a quiche. I almost always make a 3 egg omelet with veggies and a sweet potato on the side! I miss disney so much! I went there on my senior high school graduating trip and had some of the best 4 days of my life no joke!
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Q & A with Photographer Rocco CovielloMy Profile

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed February 23, 2012 at 7:50 am

talk about a nutritional powerhouse!!!
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Naked Under Your ApronMy Profile

natalie (the sweets life) February 23, 2012 at 7:51 am

this recipe is RIGHT up my alley! i often make sweet potato hash and add spinach and top with eggs so this is just another version of the same ingredients :)
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Almond & Coconut Macaroon Granola (and a Chobani Giveaway!)My Profile

Lee February 23, 2012 at 9:34 am

PINNED! Love that this literally has 3 ingredients. Easy and delish. You girls are amazing.

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous February 23, 2012 at 10:09 am

I love anything with sweet potatoes!
Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous recently posted..Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids and DHAMy Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life February 23, 2012 at 10:18 am

Ooh I LOVE sweet potatoes in quiches! Reminds me of a Spanish omelette – we used to get those in Spain and they’re loaded with potato chunks, kinda like large hash browns. So good!

Kris | iheartwellness.com February 23, 2012 at 10:40 am

AMAZING!!!! This dish is something I’m gonna love :) I love eggs…yum…I love Kale…double YUM!

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Whole Food Grocery HaulMy Profile

Jessy (squeezetheday) February 23, 2012 at 10:45 am

Isn’t that a frittata then? :)
Jessy (squeezetheday) recently posted..Pizza Crust in a PanMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 23, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Jessy, as we mentioned in the post you may call it as you like. we just grew up with quiche.

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather February 23, 2012 at 11:19 am

Looks like we both had crustless quiche on the mind today :) . LOVE that there are just 3 ingredients here!!!
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..crustless quiche with spaghetti squash and tomatoMy Profile

Lisa February 23, 2012 at 11:21 am

The quiche looks great…I’d probably add some cheese :-)
We love disney….and I think I’ve been 8 times or so. Most recently I took my nephew, and it was just so much fun! My fave character is Piglet, even though he’s not a traditional disney character…but still my fave!
Lisa recently posted..Constant Change, and Comfort in Crab Cakes and Chocolate DessertsMy Profile

Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com February 23, 2012 at 11:40 am

Beautiful and super easy!

the delicate place February 23, 2012 at 12:13 pm

i am making this as soon as i get a sweet potato! i would love this, starred & bookmarked! i’m gonna add a bit of nutmeg, it really brings out the flavor with spinach and egg (sounds weird but it’s delicious).

Lori and Michelle February 23, 2012 at 7:36 pm

The Delicate place now sounds great!

Mollie February 23, 2012 at 12:56 pm

This looks SOOOOOO good =). 3 of my favorite foods all mixed up together!
Would fresh spinach work as well? How much would you recommend using? Thanks!!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva February 23, 2012 at 4:04 pm

this recipe looks so simple and delicious..bookmarked to make for when i go back to school :) my favourite disney character would have to be alice from alice in wonderland…i was obsessed with that movie as a kid!
Sarah @ The Healthy Diva recently posted..Low FODMAP Spaghetti BolognaiseMy Profile

Ela February 23, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Yum! That looks gorgeous-great for postworkout definitely. Nice to know that quiche will hold together without a bunch of cream and cheese.

My husband adores bread but he actually doesn’t love crusts on quiches and pies, so I might have to make him something like this.
Ela recently posted.."Writing" in my Head, "Reading" from Memory; the "Golden Nugget"My Profile

Lori and Michelle February 23, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Ela – ya I think with enough eggs it holds, and the mash sweet potato helps too.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 23, 2012 at 5:11 pm

This looks perfect for me! I love crustless quiches and fritattas! I always loved Tinkerbell! I thought she was spunky, cute and sweet. I have been to Disney, but we’ve never taken the boys. They have only recently gotten interested in going since they know it’s not all kiddy stuff. Have fun!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Taking time in the kitchen…My Profile

Paige @ Running Around Normal February 23, 2012 at 6:10 pm

This sounds amazing!! I’ve added sweet potato to a quiche (well, a frittata) once and it was delicious.
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Past ProfessionsMy Profile

Z.Grimme February 23, 2012 at 10:18 pm

This looks totally delicious. I’ll absolutely have to try it!

My favourite Disney character is Mulan. Disney trips – even though I live about a two hour drive away – is way out of my budget. Someday I’ll visit there. Might be better off with a Disney cruise instead.
Z.Grimme recently posted..New Toys And A New Grocery Trip!My Profile

Hannah February 27, 2012 at 2:17 am

This looks wonderful, but could I get away with asking how much a box of spinach weighs? I’m from Australia so all our packaging is different :) (I would have to add sambal oelek and nutritional yeast to this though :P )

Gina February 27, 2012 at 2:46 am

I made this today, and since I don’t like cheese or crusts, it was perfect for me! I also added some diced tomatoes and a few slices on top for decoration.
I immediately devoured a good fourth of it. Saving the rest to eat during school lunch for the next few days. Good stuff!

Katie March 2, 2012 at 8:53 am

This looks so good, ladies! I have all of the ingredients- except I’ll sub pumpkin purée, because I have a jar open. Can’t wait to make this!

Diane March 2, 2012 at 1:28 pm

This looks amazing and yet so simple!
Any idea what I could use to substitute the eggs for, for someone who has an egg allergy?

Lori and Michelle March 4, 2012 at 7:39 am

Diane – we would recommend upping the sweet potato puree and using coconut milk to help replace eggs. So do 1 cup sweet potato puree, either add 1/4 cup flax meal or a starch like arrowroot to help hold it together. And them we would suggest using coconut milk, start with a 1/4 cup and add slowly. Might need 1/2 cup. Want the batter to be a little thick. hope this helps!

Teniel March 27, 2012 at 3:29 am

Made this for dinner tonight. I loved it.
I added some sauerkraut and also I used silverbeet and kale and parsley. I also lined the top with thin slices of tomato and added some blobs of cashew cheese that I had left over from my raw lasagna.

Lori and Michelle March 27, 2012 at 4:59 am