hello oscar

by Lori and Michelle on February 27, 2012

hello friends,

we are now back from our travels and we are slowly getting caught up on everything.

it feels good to be back and get back to the normal routine around here. though our routine does seem to be different a lot. guess that is life, right? always changing.

we have some recipes and videos coming your way here soon plus recap of our workouts lately.

we took the night off from work and watched the Oscars. anyone else do the same? we know there might be a lot of Oscar related blog posts out there but we wanted to share our thoughts on the show.

and we never really talk about TV or the Hollywood type stuff here on the blog, but since we are still playing catch up, we thought starting off the week with something fun and a little different would be fun.

thoughts on the Oscars.

overall we liked it. we thought Billy Crystal did a great job. we loved all the special video clips of the actors and actresses talking about what great movies mean to them.

the fashion at the Oscars we thought were pretty good. nothing too amazing but good. there were some people we thought stood out more than others.

here are just some of the dresses that stood out to us last night

Michelle Williams was beautiful

Cameron Diaz  looked simple yet amazing, want her arms!

again another simple yet beautiful look from Gwyneth Paltrow. what can we say we love white too.

Stacy Keibler and George Clooney both looked great. though can either ever go wrong?

adored Tina Fey’s look as well. thought she looked great.

there were some dresses we were not the biggest fans of like Jennifer Lopez (although she looked great) we did not really love her dress. and same with Angelina Jolie, sorry we are not fans of her and thought she did not look the best. a little pale and weak.

here are some more lists of best and worst dressed at the Oscars. we are not fashion experts, just think it is always fun to play “dress up” every once and awhile

moving on

a few favorite moments that we enjoyed from the Oscars

Octavia Spencer winning

Ben Stiller and Emma Stone presenters

Chris Rock presenting the Best Animated Film

enjoyed seeing actors and actresses favorite movies

what did you think of the Oscars? did you watch? what were your favorites and misses of this year? did anyone stand out to you, good or bad? would you ever want to walk down the red carpet?

and for those that did not watch the Oscars nor care what was your highlight of the weekend?

L&M

Kris | iheartwellness.com February 27, 2012 at 9:31 am

OOooo Michelle Williams was GORGEOUS and YES, I want Cameron’s arms too :) Hehe, that’s my goal!

Stacy Keibler is smashing…..it makes me think its ok to be tall in heels :)

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Easy Black Bean and Olive ChiliMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 27, 2012 at 9:54 am

yes her arms is our goal as well :) we will get there!

janetha @ meals & moves February 27, 2012 at 9:36 am

omg cameron’s arms. that is why i work out.
janetha @ meals & moves recently posted..out & about.My Profile

Lori and Michelle February 27, 2012 at 9:54 am

same here Janetha

Paige @ Running Around Normal February 27, 2012 at 10:23 am

I love, love, loved Michelle’s dress. Beautiful.
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Jump Rope Circuit WorkoutMy Profile

Cara Craves... February 27, 2012 at 10:30 am

I am not usually an Oscar watcher, but last night I got hooked.
I really liked Billy Crystal’s opening and thought everything progressed quite
nicely and was never too boring.
My fav. part is just seeing all the outfits though. I am always curious how much time they spend
the day of the Oscars getting ready.
Cara Craves… recently posted..Thai Salad with Peanut Lime DressingMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 27, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Cara we agree, that would be fun to know.

bitt February 27, 2012 at 10:41 am

funny a lot of people on my twitter feed were complaining about cameron’s arms. i think people have a hard time seeing a strong woman. there was too much body bashing for me.

Lori and Michelle February 27, 2012 at 1:59 pm

agree Bitt, it is sad that we will always have those complaints. hopefully one day that will all change.

Anna @ The Guiltless Life February 27, 2012 at 11:12 am

Haha I just posted my best/worst dressed list too!

I loved the bottom of Cameron’s dress too – I forgot to include her in my round-up. I didn’t like Stacy’s dress though, that gold and the way it bunched up on her hip just looked unflattering to me. Michelle looked fab and I LOVED Gwyneth’s all-white Tom Ford look.
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Academy Awards 2012 FashionMy Profile

the delicate place February 27, 2012 at 11:19 am

loved michelle williams & rooney mara (i honestly want to wear that structured white gown…so gorgeous!) angie needs to eat a sammie, she was looking a little old i thought. way to throw the leg out to distract everyone from your scary arms lol!
the delicate place recently posted..apples to zebrasMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 27, 2012 at 2:00 pm

haha Melissa totally agree. what was up with that leg distraction LOL

katie @KatieDid February 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm

loveeee michelle williams so much, she’s so classy and down to earth. I really enjoyed hearing them talk about how they fell in love with movies.
katie @KatieDid recently posted..A Quick Tattoo and Excessive DrinkingMy Profile

Aylin @ Glow Kitchen February 27, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I LOVED Cameron Diaz’s dress!
Aylin @ Glow Kitchen recently posted..Baked Sweet Potato FalafelMy Profile

Megan February 27, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I definitely teared up when Octavia Spencer won and the standing ovation! It gives me the chills even when I watch it for a second time.

Lauren February 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Loved those dresses too. Gweneth was so graceful in that dress.

Liz @ IHeartVegetables February 27, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I love cameron’s ripped arms! Girl power!!!! I didn’t watch the oscars but I might catch up on it tonight!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free February 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm

didn’t even watch it. forgot! Watched a movie w/ ben stiller-hilarious!!!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva February 27, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Cameron diaz looks incredible…love that dress!
Sarah @ The Healthy Diva recently posted..11 ThingsMy Profile

Heather @ For the Love of Kale February 27, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I agree with all your picks! When Gwyneth came out, my jaw literally dropped to the floor. Fashion-wise, she was perfection from head to toe. Gah! <3

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 27, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I love Michelle Williams’ look all the way around! Love her hair and her dress. I don’t have cable, but I love looking at the dresses from awards nights! So much fun!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..NuNaturals Giveaway Winners!My Profile

Raechel @ the rebel grrl kitchen February 27, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I watch the Oscar’s every year! Love them! I agree about Cameron’s arms, and loved the Ben Stiller/Emma Stone bit! I also thought Viola Davis was stunning!
Raechel @ the rebel grrl kitchen recently posted..Hazelnut Fudge Stars (+More Movie Night Snacks!)My Profile

Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com February 27, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Michelle’s dress is the best! Stunning!