our favorite chocolate recipes

by michelle on February 12, 2012

hope everyone is having a great weekend thus far. Lori has been playing out in Cali with Gary. if you follow us on twitter, you might have been confused from our instagram pics coming through, so just wanted to mention that real quick.  i look forward to having her back, plus we got a box of goodies from a dear friend.

we thought we would share some of our favorite chocolate recipes that you may want to share with your loved one for this Valentine’s Day.

since love in is the air and everyone is thinking about chocolate.

and on this big LOVE day you want to feel sexy right?

here are some treats that you will not feel guilty about. and who knows it might help your night ;)

mini chocolate donuts

chocolate hazelnut donuts would make for a great breakfast

or if nuts are not your thing, maybe chocolate mint donuts

chocolate  mint donuts

what about a rich, creamy chocolate cream cake

raw chocolate cheesecake

or how about a creamy cookies-n-cream cake?

raw cookies and cream cake

and look Amazon is having a sale on the mini cheesecake pan so you can makes these goodies. (we have no affiliation with amazon, just wanted to share)

looking for something fun to say…

raw bon bons anyone?

raw mini bon bons

or maybe you want more of small bite sized treats to fed your lover

raw chocolate chip trufflelike our inside out chocolate chip cookie truffle

or pecan chocolate truffles

raw chocolate pecan truffles

maybe your loved one is watching their sugar intake, no worries make them sugar free mini brownies, everyone loves brownies!

sugar free brownies

or maybe just need a good old never fails chewy brownie with ice cream!

gluten free chewy browniesif you want to really impress your loved and if they love chocolate and mint, make this easy layered avocado mint cake!

raw mint chocolate layered cake

if not chocolate mint fan, make a simple dessert like chocolate pumpkin tart

raw pumpkin chocolate tart

maybe you loved one likes sweet and savory desserts

homemade mallomars…another fun one to say

raw mallomars dessert

and of course must make heart cookie sandwiches.

now that we have you drooling…get into your kitchen and make yourself and your loved one something healthy, chocolaty, and yummy!

and just wanted to say RIP Whitney Houston. we grew up listening to her music. and she was always a favorite. she will be missed.

Twins Question: Did you like Whitney? What musician(s) do you love? Are you a music person?

Michelle

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile February 12, 2012 at 7:28 am

You totally have me craving chocolate at 9:28 in the morning, haha!

LizAshlee February 12, 2012 at 7:44 am

Oh geez, these all look amazingly tasty! I will have a LARGE sample platter with at least 2 of each!!! :)

Have a lovely day!

Julia February 12, 2012 at 7:46 am

I just want to make all of these! Right now! If only I had the time… what a beautiful round up for a lovely Sunday morining though!

lee February 12, 2012 at 7:52 am

I’m tempted to make an entire board on Pinterest devoted to Pure2Raw Chocolate Goodness.
lee recently posted..A little bit-a-love.My Profile

Lori and Michelle February 12, 2012 at 10:19 am

Lee – :) ya for chocolate

Kristi February 12, 2012 at 8:08 am

it all looks delicious! you’ve just sparked my craving for chocolate at 8 in the morning :)

Jane February 12, 2012 at 8:40 am

Your pictures are soo awesome, everything looks so good! I still can’t believe about Whitney … loved her!
Jane recently posted..Heart Healthy Weekend and Fitness UpdateMy Profile

Erica February 12, 2012 at 9:07 am

Beautifulllllll post! The chocolate chip cookie truffles jump out at me. I do like Whitneys music- SO sad
Erica recently posted..Coffee with Chocolate & Carrots!!My Profile

katie February 12, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Drooling! :)

Tamara February 12, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I’m totally overwhelmed! No idea which one to try first! Thanks a lot!
Tamara recently posted..Monday Motivation: diet, exercise and heart healthMy Profile

Paige @ Running Around Normal February 12, 2012 at 2:34 pm

How did you know I needed a chewy brownie with ice cream?! :)
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Happy EndingsMy Profile

Bonnie February 12, 2012 at 5:04 pm

WOW! All of these look amazing…I love seeing your creations and need to start trying them out! I’m bringing snack to our women’s Bible study Tuesday morning…maybe I will see if I can whip one of these healthy treats up to share with the group! Thanks. :)
Bonnie recently posted..Thursday ThingsMy Profile

Lisa February 12, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Wow—I’m drooling!
I can’t say I ever listened to Whitney consistently very much, but I did have the cassette single of I Will Always Love You…and my Dad had some of her records from the beginning of her career that he played all the time!
It feels like a piece of history is gone—I know she had her issues, but I definitely feel sad about her passing.
Lisa recently posted..Grain Free Hemp Seed Breakfast Cookies (with chia and coconut)My Profile

Jessica Nazarali (@JessicaNazarali) February 12, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Yum! So many sugar free treats! I love the heart shaped cookies…perfect for valentines day! If you feel like making a special breakfast for yout loved one tomorrow, have a look at http://livehealthysimply.com/2012/01/pancakes-with-coconut-chocolate-butter/ for some inspiration!
Jessica Nazarali (@JessicaNazarali) recently posted..See How Easily You Can Make Ice Cream From ScratchMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 13, 2012 at 5:31 am

Thanks Jessica, we will check it out

Ela February 12, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Wow, you really do have something for everyone!
Thanks for sharing the love fest!
I used to be a huge music person but not so much nowadays…
Ela recently posted..Body Image Thoughts: The Weight of the HeartMy Profile

Cara Craves... February 13, 2012 at 5:29 am

I loved Whitney is her “Bodyguard” days!

Samantha February 14, 2012 at 6:40 am

Okay-this post is for me!!! I am a chocolate lover!!! Every single one of these look amazing!!!!
Samantha recently posted..Happy Healthy Valentine’sMy Profile