our weekend at Disney

by Lori and Michelle on February 26, 2012

like we mentioned yesterday we were in Orlando at Disney working at the Raw Threads booth for the princess half marathon.

even though our sisters owns raw threads and we get spoiled wearing the clothing, we are so proud to help her out when we can. we love being able to support a company that makes a great unique high quality product that not only feels good but you look great in it too!

we started our mornings with some vega protein powder, tahini, and banana + coffee.

then we got dressed into our outfits for the day.

Michelle’s day one outfit – featuring new bamboo running skirts and a limited edition blue race you to the castle ruch running shirt. love love love this color and fit of this shirt! these shirts sold fast! plus Michelle is wearing the new bamboo headband!!

Lori’s first day outfit featuring the very popular TINK tank (it has wings on the back!) with running compression capris…the best pants ever!

Michelle’s day two outfit featuring compression running capris (same as the one above) and race you to castle running shirt.

Lori’s day two outfit featuring the same capris (we just love them) and our new favorite shirt – STRONG IS SEXY!!! this shirt has 3/4 sleeve featuring a ruching finish. love it!! it is so flattering. hopefully these sell well so our sis can make more designs like it. so if you are interested in one, please check out this athletic shirt over on raw threads. we are excited to workout in it this week!

it was a great weekend. we even got to catch up with blogging FitFluential friends and a instagram friends.

as well as met a l0t of great people, or should we say Princesses!

hope all the runners had a great run for the 5k and half marathon.

we did manage to sneak in a few snacks over our busy days working at the Disney Princess Expo

a new recipe for Twin Cakes Bakery – cashew carob bites! we get a lot of request for more carob items, so we are working on them. plus have a few more new things coming.

love our pulp crackers!! we will work on a official recipe this week for everyone that has been asking for what we do.

congtigo water bottleslove our Contigo water bottles.

love these travel packets of nut butters from Artisana!

we had our last wonderful gluten free salmon dinner with veggies at Disney’s Pop Century resort last night. Chef Jose was wonderful to us!!!  it is soooo nice to find a chef that understands allergies and will not make you feel bad because you have to get a “special” dinner plate.

and our flight today was extremely early! we had no problems traveling back to NC. we enjoyed some melted protein thin mints and smart water while waiting for our plane.

so good, even with a spoon. but like we mentioned this recipe is sensitive to heat! one reason we will never be able to sell them in our bakery, as this is how they would arrive.

smart waternow that we are hydrated, fueled, we are ready to get back to work.

first things, catching up on emails. we will admit we are horrible at keeping up with emails when traveling. as much as we love our iphones, we still prefer a computer to do work!

hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! please let us know what you were up to? anything fun? anything new? who is ready for March to be here??

L & M

katie @KatieDid February 26, 2012 at 10:57 am

loveee love the bamboo headbands! I’ve been looking for a thick headband like that and haven’t been able to find one I like but I love the style of that!
katie @KatieDid recently posted..SpontaneityMy Profile

Ami@dashofcurry.com February 26, 2012 at 11:46 am

Wow– it sounds like you all had a fantastic weekend! I love the clothes– the designs are so cute! Also, those cashew carob bites look amazing– I can’t wait to get some when they’re available!:)
Ami@dashofcurry.com recently posted..Sunday Funday: My Favorite Posts From Around The Blogosphere This Week!My Profile

Erica February 26, 2012 at 12:19 pm

WaNt those capris and the skirt!! Glad it was a fabulous weekend. We had tons of family time
Erica recently posted..Brewvival & 17 NorthMy Profile

lindsay February 26, 2012 at 12:21 pm

love all these wonderful pictures, faces, etc. You gals get some rest now. xoxo
lindsay recently posted..“Finals” FridayMy Profile

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile February 26, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Ahh I never saw you guys at the expo!! Where the heck was I? lol
Disney was AMAZING with all the gluten free stuff. Every restaurant I went to they were super accommodating. Glad you had a great time!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Here I Go!My Profile

Liz @ iheartvegetables February 26, 2012 at 12:41 pm

How fun!!! That’s so cool that you can help our your sister like that .And that strong is sexy shirt is SO cute!
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..Carb-a-licious GoodnessMy Profile

janetha February 26, 2012 at 1:26 pm

love the recap! you girls look like you had a great time. can’t wait for that thin mint recipe!!!
janetha recently posted..ten things to splurge on.My Profile

Leah February 26, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Looks like fun! Cute shirts! I’ll have to check out the Raw threads website. I am excited to find out your pulp cracker recipe and of course your protein thin mint recipe :) !

Ana February 26, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Looks like you had a great time! I love Michelle’s day one outfit, and the capri pants you both used, so nice!!
Oh and I hope you do share your thin mints sometime with us. I was already drooling after seeing it on last post, and now even more, they even look delicious melted!! :-)
Ana

Lisa February 26, 2012 at 7:18 pm

It’s so great you help out your sis! Love the clothes too…the capris look fab (I’m kind of obsessed with running capris and I don’t even run…).
Lisa recently posted..Why Is Coconut Flour a Good Choice? {and more about gluten free flatbread grilled cheese sandwiches}My Profile

Ela February 26, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Gorgeous clothes you ladies model! I especially loved that headband too.

I bet you’re glad to be headed home. I can’t believe it’s almost March already.
Carob-cashew sounds awesome….
Ela recently posted..Sunday’s on the Phone to Friday and Nettle-Fig "Instant" BarsMy Profile

Sarah @ Serotonin for Breakfast February 26, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Looks like you had a lovely stay in Orlando!! :) I can’t wait to hear your pulp cracker recipe in the near future as I have a GIANT bag of pulp chillin in my freezer. I hope you have a great start to your week! I’m so excited for spring now that March is almost here.
Sarah @ Serotonin for Breakfast recently posted..Root Veggie Noodles and Greens with Blood Orange Sesame SauceMy Profile

Jessica Nazarali (@JessicaNazarali) February 26, 2012 at 11:32 pm

The Protein Thin mints look delicious! Pity they are heat sensitive, I made Superfood Chocolate Crackles on the weekend and the exact same thing happend when I took them out of the fridge for too long :( They are really easy to make, you only need 5 ingredients – Raw Cacao Powder, Flaxmeal, Coconut Oil, Shreaded Coconut and Berries. You can find the whole recipe here http://livehealthysimply.com/2012/02/superfood-chocolate-crackles/ :)
Jessica Nazarali (@JessicaNazarali) recently posted..Superfood Chocolate CracklesMy Profile

LizAshlee February 27, 2012 at 8:11 am

What a great weekend..very fun and productive it looks! :) Have a great week!!!
LizAshlee recently posted..15 Minute Bootylicious WorkoutMy Profile

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed February 27, 2012 at 8:25 am

March is supposed to come in like a lamb, so I am ready!!
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Why Isn’t Newt Invisible?My Profile

Z.Grimme February 27, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I had an awesome weekend traveling up from Florida to Atlanta, Georgia to hook up with friends. Unfortunately, we got pulled over on the ride home, and found out there was a sieze order on the car’s license plate. :( The car got impounded and we were still an hour from home! We had to call my bf’s brother to come pick us up at four in the morning. The weekend was great except for this one snafu!
Z.Grimme recently posted..New Toys And A New Grocery Trip!My Profile

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva February 27, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Love all your outfits! sounds like an amazing weekend. I was away with friends and did too many things to mention and had way too much fun. But now it’s back to reality and uni next week…better get my head in the books now!
Sarah @ The Healthy Diva recently posted..11 ThingsMy Profile

Paulina (One Smile Ahead) February 27, 2012 at 6:27 pm

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I love all the outfits :] They’re so cute! Do you have a recipe for the protein powder, tahini, and banana combo? It looks too good not to try.
Paulina (One Smile Ahead) recently posted..Wrapped UpMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 28, 2012 at 6:32 am

Pauline we just mix a scoop of vega protein powder with a spoonful of tahini and 1 banana.

Laury @thefitnessdish February 28, 2012 at 7:02 pm

so glad you got to meet lots of cool gals in Disney!!

and re- your Oscar post. You DO have Cameran’s arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..The Anywhere HIIT Body Weight WorkoutMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 28, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Laury you are too sweet!! thank you

Sara March 1, 2012 at 9:59 am

LOVE your pictures and weekend recap! It sounds/looks like an AWESOME time! Thank you so much for sharing! :)
Sara recently posted..The post I hate to write.My Profile