{raw} mini triple chocolate cream cake recipe

by Lori and Michelle on February 3, 2012

hello luvs!

finally Friday! we have some special visitors coming to visit us this weekend!

to get the weekend started off right we are sharing another favorite raw dessert of ours that we have made before and did a video of Lori making it about 2 years ago. and one dessert we already practiced and shared with friends. also made this chocolate creamy cake over the holidays! just cannot get enough of it.

and this dessert we plan on making for Lori’s dessert bar at her wedding!

raw chocolate cheesecake recipe

when thinking of a special Valentine’s Day recipe this chocolate dessert recipe came to our mind.

we wanted something chocolate…very chocolately. something smooth and delectable with every bite.

raw cocoa cream cake

raw triple chocolate cream cake ( raw cheesecake if you will)

more chocolate the better right? we agree.

we call it a cream cake instead of cheesecake. we like to give it a different name since it is technically not like a traditional cheesecake. but feel free to call it a cheesecake.

dairy free vegan chocolate cheesekcake

the crust is made up of pecan flour. we just took whole pecans and place them into food processor (blender would work too) and pulsed till we had a flour like texture. again you can use any nut of your liking but pecans are fatter so they provide a nice buttery like crust.

for the filling part cashews work the best. as they get very smooth and creamy. to make the filling is best done in a high powered blender like a Vita-mix. you want to make sure all the cashews are well blended. no one wants chunky cheesecake. or maybe some do. either way the blender does best.

raw vegan cocoa cake

now we are warning you when you make this filling it is very hard not to eat it all with a spoon. we struggled with this part. it is just too damn good not to eat along the way.

best chocolate cheesecake recipe

even though this triple chocolate cream cake is free of many common allergies promise it is just as satisfying and mouthwatering as any other cheesecake recipe out there.

we love making this raw chocolate cream cake as mini cakes because they are the perfect individual serving! and just so cute…love mini things.

healthy chocolate cheesecake recipe

decorate your tasty raw mini triple chocolate cream cake any way you would like.

then devour.

valentine chocolate dessert

this is a great chocolate cheesecake recipe that will sure impress your friends, family, or your special loved one for valentines day! promise they won’t believe it is raw and actually good for them.

till next time, now who is coming over for some dessert?

L&M

Lisa May 8, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I’m wondering if the dates can be removed and stevia used instead?

Lori and Michelle May 8, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Lisa well the dates help hold the crust together. If you use stevia you might have to add water.

Malia May 12, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Where is the best place to get the liquid coconut oil at a decent price?

Lori and Michelle May 12, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Malla well coconut oil is not always liquid, it is liquid when at a certain temperature. now with the hot months it is usually liquid in stores, but could be solid. most health food stores sell it, look out for sales. also amazon online has good deals.

Quin October 9, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Vitacost has the best price

Nicole May 13, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I made these tonight… OH MY GOODNESS. Ahhhhmazing. Thank you for this wonderful recipe!

Alma Jose May 19, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Lori and Michelle,
This recipe is amazing! I’m inspired to try this. I was wondering, where can you purchase a mini cheesecake pan? I love the shape of these babies:-)

Nick May 23, 2012 at 11:36 pm

I stumbled upon this today looking for a raw cheesecake recipe. All I can say is “wow” – I made it in about 30 minutes, it was so easy and so good. Plus you made me look good for my dinner date tonight, thanks for that! I just used ring molds and pressed the crust down tight. After a couple hours in the freezer the entire thing slid out easily using the plunger. Triple chocolate heaven.

Lori and Michelle May 24, 2012 at 4:25 am

Nick awesome!! this just made our day!! glad you enjoyed the raw cheesecake

Patti May 24, 2012 at 3:33 pm

How do you make the chocolate for the top???
Doing a vegan brunch on sunday
thanks

siewlingchaw May 30, 2012 at 12:05 am

hello what can i substitute coconut oil with ? :)

Lori and Michelle May 30, 2012 at 3:52 am

The only thing is cacao butter. You will have to melt it to liquid form.

Bart June 7, 2012 at 9:31 am

Verry beautifull and delicious! Looks verry professional. Im gona try to make it also.

Shaina June 12, 2012 at 9:00 am

Obviously I know raw cashews are the best but can I make this with cashews that aren’t raw? For some reason raw cashews are hard to find around here :(

Lori and Michelle June 12, 2012 at 9:31 am

Shaina you can use roasted cashews, just make sure you soak them as it helps soft them to blend.

Shaina June 12, 2012 at 11:55 am

Thanks so much for your quick reply!! I plan on making this for my Dad for Father’s day…he will be super excited! :)

Bart June 29, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I love raw food!!! I feel so clean after eating and is so healthy.
Love this website!

Sue July 1, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Can cashew butter be used in place of soaked cashews for the triple chocolate cream cake recipe?

Lori and Michelle July 2, 2012 at 8:22 am

Sue, yes we give the link above to our first recipe where we used cashew butter.

Tovah July 12, 2012 at 9:38 pm

These are amazing. I replaced the water in it with orange juice and zest to make jaffa cakes. Worked perfectly!

Chatelaine August 1, 2012 at 4:04 pm

How long will these last in the fridge? i’d like to take them to a friend’s over the weekend and wondering how early I can make them.

Lori and Michelle August 2, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Chatelaine you can make them the day before! They will last about 3-5 days in fridge.

e August 2, 2012 at 6:32 pm

where do i get the little pans??? thanks

Lori and Michelle August 2, 2012 at 7:02 pm

E you can mini cheesecake pans online from Amazon.

Jos August 4, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Is it okay if I use one big cheesecake pan? and if I soak the “roasted” cashews for about an hour will it still work out?

Lori and Michelle August 17, 2012 at 10:26 am

Yep you can, our original recipe we used one big pan, we give the link above.

Stefanie August 5, 2012 at 3:36 am

I made this last night and it turned out beautifully, I love the creamy texture. I’ve been eating mine topped with raspberries, so yummy! My cream section looks a lot darker than yours, I’m not sure if that has anything to do with using cocoa rather than caco powder. Also when I got to the point of adding the coconut oil and cocoa it just because too thick to blend anymore. It still turned out ok in the end thoug I just had to hand mix it.

monica sowards August 5, 2012 at 7:47 pm

this is the most amazing thing ever! i even like it without the cocoa. i have begun a mostly raw diet and this is the first thing i tried making….i will be taking many more recipes from your website…thank you!!!

Maya August 16, 2012 at 4:53 pm

You ladies certainly seem to know what you’re talking about, but the idea of water in the cake is making me wonder what it would be like with coconut milk instead? We have a raw food chef in our town that makes the best cheesecakes, and she incorporates coconut milk. Water just doesn’t sound quite as rich. Am I being silly?

Lori and Michelle August 17, 2012 at 10:14 am

Maya everyone who has this or has made said it is wonderful, so guess you will have to try for yourself and see if it is creamy. We have used coconut milk, but prefer using water since we already have cashews in the cake. :)

Lo August 20, 2012 at 12:06 pm

If the cashews in the filling were replaced with almonds, could a good result still occur? I’m allergic to all the nuts except almonds and walnuts. Thanks! Beautiful photography.

Lori and Michelle August 21, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Lo it will provide a little different texture, but you can still use almonds.

Lo August 21, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Thanks!

Monika September 9, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Thank you soo much for this wonderful recipe! I made it for my friends and they were amazed by the creamy texture of the “cheesecake” and could not believe it was raw vegan. Success! ^_^

Elena Zografska Houthuijzen September 10, 2012 at 8:11 am

Hi Lori & Michelle,
love this fabulous recipe, thanks a lot, made it as a cake for my birthday, tho i altered the chocholatte filling with mesquite and less cacao, people were screaming! lol

Trina September 21, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Made his for my sons birthday and everyone lived it.

Yuri October 5, 2012 at 2:59 am

Hi girls

As you said at the botton of this article “you’re going to impress your friends”. And this was it!
Absolutely delicious and very easy to make.

Thank you very much.

Maya October 16, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Yum!! I just made these for a dinner party & they were a hit! Everyone didn’t believe me when I said it was good for you. Thanks girls for a magical recipe..

Lindsay December 8, 2012 at 11:32 am

This recipe looks absolutely amazing but I can’t have any form of nuts, pecans, cashews, or coconut. Any ideas that I could use to make this recipe nuts, pecans, cashews, and coconut free? Thanks

Lori and Michelle December 11, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Lindsay I am sorry but not much can be changed to achieve the same results.

Michelle December 14, 2012 at 12:04 pm

These look awesome! Can I use honey instead of agave?

Lori and Michelle December 17, 2012 at 6:17 am

Michelle yes you can!

Carlie December 26, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I don’t have a cheesecake pan, could I use a mini muffin pan instead? Would I have to grease it?

Lori and Michelle December 28, 2012 at 6:57 am

Carlie no need to grease but maybe sprinkle the pan with flour or a nut meal.

Sue January 10, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I am addicted to these. Seriously. Made them 3 times within the last 2 months, ate them all myself. Thank you for the recipe for this great, easy, healthy treat!

Lori and Michelle January 25, 2013 at 11:57 am

Awesome Sue!!

Jill January 18, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I know that you use the freezer as a part of this process in making this dish… But do you think you could freeze some of these long term (few weeks), to have handy as a healthy treat? I am doing a sugar detox, so this one breaks the rules a little, but looks so worth it! My birthday is next week and I wanted to make a cake I could eat ;-) I am so excited about your recipes, thanks for sharing! Let me know what you think about the freezer?

Lori and Michelle January 25, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Jill yes we freeze the extra all the time.

Amanda Larkin January 22, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Just made these and they are delicious. Thanks!!!

Gabriella January 22, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I just made these and they are fabulous! I cannot eat any type of sugar due to SIBO so i made them totally sugar free using stevia and almond milk where liquid was needed…its so exciting to find raw dessert recipes, you guys rock!

Margaret February 14, 2013 at 8:15 am

Ladies, I want you to know that this cake was the hit of the century at my office.
We have a new editor who is vegan and while it is my tradition to bring in something baked for the staff in my department on Valentines Day, I wanted her to feel included and not singled out with maybe a bowl of strawberries. So I made your chocolate cream cake and the entire department descended on it with vigour and demanded the recipe. I am so pleased at how well this healthy treat has gone over. (I used strawberries to decorate the top!)
Well done!

Lori and Michelle March 8, 2013 at 10:07 am

Awesome Margaret!!

Tracey February 18, 2013 at 7:33 am

Ohmygoodness! I made this for a get together yesterday and everyone loved it, including my friend’s 12 & 10 year old boys! They actually were impressed that it was made out of nuts. ;) the 10yr old wanted to put raspberries on top! ;) so did I! I will next time, totally.
Thank you for this amazing recipe!!!!!!

Lori and Michelle March 8, 2013 at 10:13 am

Awesome Tracey!

Anna March 15, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Hi! I just wanted to say how fantastic this recipe is. I have made it for a dinner party as well as for work and everyone has raved about it. I have passed it on! Thanks. Anna

Lisa @ A Little Slice of Life April 2, 2013 at 4:14 pm

These look amazing and it seems from everyone’s comments that they taste as great as they look. I’ll have to try them out. Mmm chocolate!

Deanna July 31, 2013 at 8:16 pm

These look amazing! I’ve been trying to eat as clean as possible over the last couple months, and I’ve been keeping track of my calorie intake. Do you know how many calories there are in each serving? Sorry if it’s already posted somewhere on here that I missed ;)

Krystal August 23, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I just made these and the lime coconut cream desserts and they are delicious!! One of my friends is allergic to coconut. Do you have a suggestion of what could be substituted for coconut oil in these recipes? Thanks!

Emma September 7, 2013 at 10:56 am

Just made these and they’re yummy. Made 12 at 295 calories each so definitely a treat but just tried a slice of one and they’re yummy! Who would have thought cashews make good cream cheese, thanks for the recipe :)

lj October 15, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Thank you!!! I made this for my children instead of buying the traditional cheese cake and they LOVED it. I can not thank you enough for providing a healthier alternative.

lynne October 30, 2013 at 12:56 pm

These are amazing! I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve made these for dinner parties. They are gorgeous! I love dark chili chocolate and now add 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/4-1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper for a decadent chocolate dessert with a kick. Thanks for this recipe!

zerobeach November 29, 2013 at 10:49 am

Made this as a pie instead of individual cheesecakes. Used almond meal and threw in a few handfuls of almonds to add crunch to the crust. Served with a raw banana strawberry cashew cream and sprinkled toasted unsweetened organic coconut on top. No one touched the apple or pumpkin pies at Thanksgiving, but this cheesecake was GONE!! The guests who loved this the most are not Vegan OR Vegetarian. Delicious recipe. Definitely a keeper.

Lori and Michelle January 3, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Awesome! glad you liked the recipe.

Alex November 29, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Can you make these with almonds instead of cashews? I hate cashews and their so expensive, but this looks really good!

Lori and Michelle January 3, 2014 at 8:13 pm

You can but almonds don’t get as creamy!

connie January 16, 2014 at 11:24 am

what is the calorie count in the mini cheesecakes?

Joyce Rose January 17, 2014 at 5:25 am

Can the cashews be soaked longer than 15 minutes? Do you think that this recipe could be made with macadamia nuts..I am allergic to cashews…although my husband can eat them.

Lori and Michelle March 25, 2014 at 12:53 pm

You can soak them as up 2-4 hours. Yes macadamia will work, just might not be as creamy

Joyce Rose January 17, 2014 at 5:37 am

OK i have afew more questions. Sunday is my husbands birthday and i am planning on making this cream cake in a 9 inch springform pan for about 12 quests. Do i need to increase the recipe amounts..will it still set made in a larger pan? (I only have a 9″ one)I saw your recipe using cacao butter instead of coconut oil for the filling. Do you like both versions equally?

Lori and Michelle March 25, 2014 at 12:54 pm

We prefer coconut oil but either will work.

Bumble bee January 29, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Hi,
When you say cashews it’s very confusing for me(I live in the tropics). Do you really mean cashew nuts or do you mean the cashew fruit? There’s a tree right in my back yard so can you clarify for me please? The nut or the fruit?. Thank you.

Lori and Michelle March 25, 2014 at 12:55 pm

the nut

Marcia March 16, 2014 at 3:15 pm

This is the best ever chocolate torte. I bought 12 rounds… and made 9 dozen for my 60 birthday… so good… You girls should be in Yum… Thanks for sharing! I searched for you on Yummy and you did not pop up…

Sally May 2, 2014 at 1:42 am

Hi There!
I made these for my husbands birthday dinner last night. He is a full fat, all cheese, cream, milk etc kind of cheesecake guy. These were delicious and he was a MASSIVE FAN, and is looking forward to eating the remaining 10 in our freezer! Thanks for such an awesome recipe!!

Lori and Michelle August 2, 2014 at 11:53 am

Awesome Sally so glad you guys enjoyed the recipe :)

Adrienne @ Whole New Mom May 19, 2014 at 6:49 am