San Diego Love

by lori on February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day!!! we love you all!!! we hope that everyone has a wonderful day filled with love and happiness!

as many you of might have seen through instagram or twitter that I traveled with Gary last week to San Diego. Gary was there for work for most of the week and I arrived on Thursday and we stayed all weekend. it was my Valentine’s present from Gary. what a sweetheart. I guess after 10 years of being together a lovely trip out west was perfect!

I took a lot of photos but I tried to pick just the ones that I really liked to share with you all. plus Michelle and I learned some new editing things in photoshop. so we had a little fun with the pictures.

rancho bernado inn in san diegoGary’s conference was at the Rancho Bernardo Inn about 30 minutes outside San Diego.

fountain at hotelI fell in love with this hotel

hotel tree

loved all the landscape. it was so peaceful.

I arrived mid-afternoon so I grabbed a little snack and then did my workout.

veggie juice pulp bread

I brought some veggie pulp bread. delicious. we plan to share how we make this here soon. a great way to get fiber into diet.

hotel workout

no space is too small for me to get my HIIT workout in. plus did my 3 minutes of plank.

vega post workout shake

had a lovely Vega protein shake after my workout. a great traveling meal for me.

Gary and I enjoyed a lovely dinner on the hotels terrace. then the next morning we got up early to walk the grounds and for me to take pictures. and get my morning coffee (Gary knows me so well).

garden in the rancho bernardo inn

gary in rancho bernado innGary the lovely tour guide

pool at the rancho bernardo inndidn’t get a chance to hang out by the pool, another time

starbucks coffee at hotelhappy Lori now – Rancho Bernardo luckily had starbucks cafe in the resort.

we continued to walk the grounds before Gary had to head to his meetings.

it was little chilly but still beautiful

the hotel also had a golf course which Gary loved

loved how the hotel used fresh rosemary as landscape decorations everywhere!

did not make it to the spa either…guess I will just have to come back.

I got ready for the day in my Wine run shirt from Raw Threads. packed up the room and Gary and I headed to our next hotel in downtown San Diego Gaslamp quarter.

gaslamp in san diegowe grabbed some lunch then walked around the bay and saw a good bit of the beautiful San Diego area.

loved the vibe of San Diego. I have been here once before a few years ago with the family. so it was nice to come back with Gary as this was his first time here.

loved all the tall buildings and palm trees everywhere

there is my yacht — I thought I had lost it. haha

me in front of the USS Midway ship

uss midway

walked around gaslamp area at night…saw a different side of San Diego for sure ;)

more pics of my CA trip to come!

now go make yourself some chocolate treats or non-chocolate treats!

Lori

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free February 14, 2012 at 8:52 am

LOVE the pictures :D Looks like fun! And, Lori, your skin is looking very good! I can definitely tell what you are doing it working. Looks beautiful!

Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Love and ChocolateMy Profile

lynn @ the actor's diet February 14, 2012 at 9:39 am

i’ll be in san diego (very briefly) this weekend for a photoshoot…love that town!
lynn @ the actor’s diet recently posted..The LeftoversMy Profile

Anna @ On Anna's Plate February 14, 2012 at 9:51 am

What a fun trip!! I’ve never been to San Diego, but it’s on my list!
Anna @ On Anna’s Plate recently posted..Pink LadiesMy Profile

katie @KatieDid February 14, 2012 at 9:51 am

aww such a fun trip, I LOVE san diego but its been so long since I’ve been. The resort looks like such a beautiful and relaxing place.
katie @KatieDid recently posted..What Crossfit Is and What Crossfit Isn’tMy Profile

Kris | iheartwellness.com February 14, 2012 at 10:02 am

EEEEEKKK!! what a lucky gal!! SD is my most FAV place, Ryan and I talk about moving there for a few months out of the year because it is sooo much like Vancouver, healthy, clean but is way more sunny and warm! Love it!!

What a good guy you have there ;)

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Healthy Protein Chocolate Mousse {For Valentines Day Dessert}My Profile

lindsay February 14, 2012 at 10:30 am

i LOVE san diego. It’s such a great town to explore, especially with your loved ones. James and i have many stories there too. Hope you are gary create more and more each year. xoxo
lindsay recently posted..Who Wants Cake?My Profile

the delicate place February 14, 2012 at 10:42 am

i was so jealous as i was seeing these updates coming across instagram! it looks so beautiful near that hotel! that;s a nice present! mine was much cheaper lol. oh yes, i’ve heard about the gaslamp area! infamous :)
the delicate place recently posted..*lovestruck*My Profile

Lisa February 14, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day!
Looks like a fun trip with your love….I love San Diego. I have relatives there, and visit at every chance I get!
Lisa recently posted..Yoga and Breathing for Relaxation …and Your Skin!My Profile

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous February 14, 2012 at 2:29 pm

What beautiful pictures!
Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous recently posted..Topics in AromatherapyMy Profile

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! February 14, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Gorgeous! I’ve never been to San Diego, but it’s most definitely on my list of places to visit in the near future. What a great valentines trip :-)
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Fittest Ever, and I Haven’t Cared Less.My Profile

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 14, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day ladies! I love San Diego, but have only been there once with Tony for a convention. I hope to go soon and actually be able to do fun things! I hope you’re both having an incredible day!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Max Turned 11!My Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life February 14, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Ooh San Diego looks fabulous. I haven’t been there but my cousin lives there and I keep meaning to go visit sometime, it’s just down the coast from me (I’m in Vancouver)!

Beautiful pics and you look stunning Lori!

Christine (The Raw Project) February 14, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Gr

Liz @ iheartvegetables February 14, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I almost could read this post, because I knew I’d be SO jealous! ;)

Looks like such a fun trip though!! :)
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..#VAis4Bloggers and the Salad ShockerMy Profile

Laury @thefitnessdish February 14, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day, girls!

Lori, I was enjoying seeing all your photos on instagram! So glad you and Gary had a great time!!!
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..What Does My Baby Eat?My Profile

Lori and Michelle February 15, 2012 at 7:31 am

thanks Laury we had a great time! want to go back

Jane February 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day! Looks like so much fun, you look great! Can’t wait to hear about the veggie pulp bread! :)
Jane recently posted..Split Pea and Lentil Cheesy Shepherd’s PieMy Profile

Lisa Price February 15, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Looks like you had such a fun time in SD! Love the RB Inn. My boyfriend and I play tennis there on Sundays…when it’s sunny of course! Xo.
Lisa Price recently posted..What Were You Thinking, Dear Valentine?My Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks May 11, 2012 at 1:26 am

The R.B. Inn…have gone to lots of weddings and parties there…fun place!

And downtown by the convention center, used to get my hair done at a salon right there. Glad you were able to spend some time exploring the city!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Steamed Brussels’s Sprouts and Broccoli with Cheezy Coconut SauceMy Profile