super bowl sweet potato lime guacamole

by Lori and Michelle on February 2, 2012

making guacamole for the superbowl party

hello friends,

we absolutely loved hearing all the answers to our little fun question game yesterday. looks like everyone wants to be super fit, most people are wine lovers (cheers to that), and chocolate pulled ahead by 2!

the recipe we have for you today plus video of Michelle making it, is a quick and healthy recipe that everyone will love. we call it our sweet potato lime guacamole.

we feel this sweet potato lime guacamole would be perfect for any Super Bowl party. we are planning on making it again this football Sunday.

we made this guacamole recipe a few years ago for another super bowl game recipe idea. we remembered loving it so much and decided to make it again, but this time add in a video of us making it.

mashing avocado for superbowlmashing avocado

steamed sweet potatosteamed sweet potato

prepping all ingredients

ingredients for guacamole recipe

love fresh cilantro

mashing avocado for superbowl guacamole

Michelle hard at work

super bowl guacamole with sweet potato

we could not find kabocha squash in stores any more, so this time we used sweet potatoes. luckily the sweet potato worked amazing in this recipe as well! although we feel sweet potatoes taste great with so many things.

we served our sweet potato lime guacamole with some raw gluten free crackers. it would really go well with just about anything.

easy healthy sweet potato guacamole that is a perfect addition to any super bowl party, what do you think? we think so.

eating a raw gluten free cracker with guacamoleeasy as 1-2-3

enjoy the video.

now it is time to eat and watch some football. who wants to join us?

we always forget how quick and easy making guacamole can be. and the possibilities are endless. some other great guacamole recipes that we have seen that caught our eyes are:

edamame guacamole from two peas & their pod

garden guacamole from Kristen’s raw

firecracker guacamole from the wannabe chef

have  a wonderful day,

L & M

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean February 2, 2012 at 12:00 pm

this looks amazing!!!! i LOVE sweet potato and avocado together.
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Curried Vegetables with Coconut QuinoaMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 2:11 pm

thanks Lindsay so do we :)

RH February 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Dang look at Michelle’s super tough arm muscles in those photos! Rock it.

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 2:11 pm

thanks!!!

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes February 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Oh yum! Guacamole is probably my favorite food. Love the sweet potato added in. Looks delicious!
Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes recently posted..Pretzel Pecan ClustersMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Annie it is one for our favs too!

Kris | iheartwellness.com February 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Hi Lovies!!! Ahhh I LOVE Guac and will love trying this one, thank you!!

Nothing beats cold fresh guacamole with some good veggies to dip in!!

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Grain Free Diet Update #2 {Toned Up & Skin Update}My Profile

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 2:12 pm

totally agree Kris! yum

katie @KatieDid February 2, 2012 at 12:52 pm

ohhh all of my favorite flavors in a bowl, love! I think I just decided I need to make this for a party I’m going to sunday, definite crowd pleaser!
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Peaks and PitsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 2:12 pm

sounds awesome Katie :)

Erica February 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm

What a fun spin on guacamole!! Yall are so creative!!
Erica recently posted..At Home Sweet & Sour ChickenMy Profile

Laury @thefitnessdish February 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm

What an AWESOME recipe, girls!!! They are definitely two of my favorite things! So simple with the ingredients too!

Oh, and I thought you should know for Ella’s first birthday I am stoked to make a bunch of your doughnuts and set up a “make your own” station for the kids where they can add their own toppings! Thanks for the recipe. I;m not sure if I should get the pans to bake them or the mini doughnut maker though? The pans I can do bigger batches, but if I get the mini maker I could maybe make them on site for the kids? I know you love your doughnut maker but what do you think?
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..10 Tips On Becoming A “Popular” Healthy Living BlogMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Laury that is awesome!! we hope they all like it :) tough question but we would say the mini donut maker from target is really easy to use and bakes the donuts a lot faster, but the pans are good too. the mini donut maker can bake donuts in about 2 minutes just have to do them multiple rounds to use all the batter up, as with the pans they tend to bake 12-15 minutes. but really we feel all would be great! let us know if there is anything else :)

Aylin @ Glow Kitchen February 2, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I never thought of putting sweet potato into guacamole. I can’t get sweet potatoes in Turkey, but I suppose any orange squash would do the trick…kabocha?
Aylin @ Glow Kitchen recently posted..Jasmine Stuffed PeppersMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 3:44 pm

yes kabocha squash would work, about 1/4- 1/2 cup of puree. we just kabocha the first time we made it!

Sarah @ Serotonin for Breakfast February 2, 2012 at 3:50 pm

PURE GENIUS! I am so excited to try this out. I have a kabocha squash and some ripe avocados waiting to be converted into edible AWESOME!
Sarah @ Serotonin for Breakfast recently posted..Pure Yoga, Pure BlissMy Profile

lindsay February 2, 2012 at 3:50 pm

can i come to your house for the superbowl? no wait, fly here, skip the superbowl and go wine tasting with me. But bring the guac!
lindsay recently posted..Cotter ConfessionsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 4:31 pm

you got it Lindsay we will be right there!!!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 2, 2012 at 4:02 pm

You can have the guac, but I want the crackers! YUM!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..I’m Not A Runner…Help!My Profile

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 4:31 pm

haha you got it girl! HUGS

Lisa February 2, 2012 at 4:15 pm

This looks awesome! What a great idea :-)
Lisa recently posted..Champagne Vinaigrette and Intermittent ActivityMy Profile

ChenaRaw February 2, 2012 at 6:00 pm

EEEP! That would be my excited little mouse squeak. This looks amazing! I’ve been craving guacamole, but wanted to mix it up- you ladies read my mind! Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait to try it!
ChenaRaw recently posted..Help me send out some healing!My Profile

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 6:26 pm

haha glad we could help :)
HUGS

Cat @Breakfast to Bed February 2, 2012 at 6:22 pm

This looks soooooo good! I love that we both posted sweet potato dip recipes on the same day! You two are clearly geniuses.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Killed by The Cooter Cooter.My Profile

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 6:26 pm

awesome!!! yay for sweet potato love!

Heathy February 2, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Ah! Love guac. Never thought about adding sweet potato to it. Cute video!!! Your crackers are the best! I still have biscotti … Mmmm :)
Heathy recently posted..My Raw Chocolate FactoryMy Profile

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health February 2, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I never would have thought of combining avacado and sweet potato. Sounds good!!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..ReminderMy Profile

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes February 2, 2012 at 7:22 pm

You guys are geniuses! I might leave the sweet potato chunky.
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..How Goats Can Save The US EconomyMy Profile

Lori and Michelle February 2, 2012 at 7:27 pm

yay for chunky love ;)

Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan February 2, 2012 at 7:57 pm

This is so weird but so cool! Two of our favourite food items together at last!
Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan recently posted..Curried Vermicelli Noodles w/ VegMy Profile

Shakun February 2, 2012 at 10:48 pm

This look good :) …really nice pictures! I think Super Bowl is incomplete without guacamole (interesting guacamole article btw –> http://www.ifood.tv/network/guacamole) and some crunchy nachos.

Nalini Paravasthu February 5, 2012 at 7:31 am

I am one great fan of all that is Mexican and nachos with guacamole is my fav :)

Lolita @ Peace, Love and Greens February 2, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Hi girls,
This is such a fabulous idea for a guacamole with a twist! It looks so delicious.

I wanted to let you know how much I love your blog. I am new-ish to the blogging world and you two lovely ladies have definitely been an inspiration for me :)

Your raw crackers look SO good. I live in Australia, would you send them here?

Thanks!

natalie (the sweets life) February 6, 2012 at 11:21 am

catching up on google reader and DANG this sounds amazing! i can’t wait to give it a try next time i make guac! great idea!!
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Honey Chipotle Turkey MeatballsMy Profile

meghan February 10, 2012 at 8:37 am

this looks awesome! Thank you guys so much, I am going to try this tonight