for those of you who mentioned that you still have not tried chia seed pudding yet, you must. promise you will love it! they are such an easy go-to healthy snack.
moving on to today. we are sharing a fun topic …well to us a fun topic. as you know we love to talk about anything fitness related just as much as we love to talk about and make FOOD.
well we finally finished reading The Physique 57 Solution Book. today we are sharing our thoughts and review of the book and exercises, plus a short video showing our favorite moves.
as you all know we are already fans of the physique 57 dvds that we bought back in September. so were excited to see what this book was all about. we love learning new things!
our thoughts about the book:
- the book is nicely laid out and easy to read
- great job in explaining what the physique difference is and why it works. they do something called interval overload where they bring the muscle to a certain point of fatigue.
- there is also a lot of stretching involved. so a mix strength and recovery
- a great detailed section about their workout moves. great pictures and descriptions.
- provide a warm-up and cool down moves (something we need to get better at)
- last part of the book is the diet side to get a lean sexy body. we like how they provide a kitchen make over, which is great for someone who does not know where to start.
our thoughts on the diet plan:
- we agree with getting out the junk
- eating more wholesome true food
- if you are in need of weight loss focus on portion control
- get a balance of proteins, greens, vegetables, fruit, healthy fats and grains. (which we follow besides the grains right now)
- get your water in for the day, which we could not agree more with
- buy organic if possible
- they are big on not using your microwave
the book is geared to a two week transformation following their exercise tips, workout moves, and dietary tips. there are some great recipes in the book too! all the information in the book is great for those needing something new to try or want something lower intensity but will still give you great results!
we love incorporating some of their exercise moves into our regular fitness routine. really hits some of our muscles in a different way! check out our video of us doing some of our favorite Physique 57 moves plus more of our thoughts!
sometimes we even do the exercises we have learned through Physique 57 during the day, like if are standing in the kitchen we might do one or two of their moves.
and now many of you are probably thinking why don’t we do this workout everyday since we love it so much? good question. we mainly don’t do this style of workout everyday because we really enjoy our high intensity workouts and we do admit that some of the exercises that physique 57 shows are a little difficult in terms of the position and flexibility. we know that if we stuck with it more that the moves probably would get easier. and another reason why we don’t do it everyday is because we really like variety in our workouts. so doing the dvd a few times a week works for us!
to us, it is all about finding what kind of exercise you like to do and stick with it!
so what are your thoughts about the book? have you ever tried a physique 57 workout before? do you like doing low intensity but high rep burn out type of exercises? did you enjoy our video?
have a wonderful day friends!
till next time,