green foods

by Lori and Michelle on March 14, 2012

today we wanted to share some of our favorite green recipes.

this weekend many will be celebrating St Patty’s day with green food, green beer. just about everything green.

so here we go for our lists of green foods that we hope to help get everyone in the St Patty’s Day spirit. but we also, eat a lot of green food naturally. like our kale sweet potato pie recipe!

green recipes for st pattys

Pin It

start your day with some avocado soft serve ice cream!

hey, who says you cannot start your day with a healthy dessert?

or maybe minty chia seed pudding with hemp milk is a better option.

also, have a  mint chip no sugar recipe

or avocado donut (low in sugar)

mmm sweet and savory ;)

make yourself and friends some sweet potato guacamole and serve along side some pulp crackers or perhaps some green crackers like Twin Cakes Savory Kale Cracker

or maybe pesto is your thing

macadamia kale basil pesto

or what maybe you would like green meal?

creamy spinach artichoke dip with green socca!

what about beer?? make some beer socca

what about a green dessert??

mint chocolate avocado layerd cake (always a winner over here)

grasshopper pie

and one more mint chip recipe because it is our fav combo!

raw cookie sandwich

and some other great festive inspired recipes from around the blog world -

Averie’s Triple Layer Mint Oreo Brownies

Courtney’s Marbled Irish Cream Cupcakes

Angela’s Vegan Baileys Irish Cream

oh yum! what do we make first?

Twins Question: What is your favorite green food? Are you going to be celebrating St Patty’s this weekend?

katie @KatieDid March 14, 2012 at 8:02 am

mmm love all sorts of green foods! Just cut into a HUGE avocado (a different variety than haas but not sure what its called) this morning and thinking of trying out a guacamole or chilled avocado soup, which is probably similar to some of your smoothies you make now that I think of it.
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Carob Roasted CarrotsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 14, 2012 at 8:29 am

Katie – yum! love avocado!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks March 14, 2012 at 8:04 am

Thanks for linking me up! I don’t know what to make first…it all looks soooo good!

But I think Angela’s Baileys has my name all over it :)
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Homemade HorchataMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 14, 2012 at 8:29 am

Averie we are coming over for drinks ;) and brownies!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed March 14, 2012 at 8:07 am

Those are all so beautiful. I am enamored with your food.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Running Naked Into Richard SimmonsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 14, 2012 at 8:29 am

Thanks Cat!!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile March 14, 2012 at 8:07 am

So gorgeous! Everything looks amazing.
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..What I Ate WednesdayMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 14, 2012 at 8:29 am

Thank you Brittany!

Stephanie March 14, 2012 at 8:31 am

This post is so beautiful!! I love green things in general – such a mind calmer. I think for St. Patty’s day, I’m going to make another one of your quiche! So good, it lasts a day ;)
Stephanie recently posted..Easy pate recipe – Asian StyleMy Profile

Heathy March 14, 2012 at 9:12 am

Oh yummy!!! Yeah, what to make first?! I have a bunch of avocados, am thinking about making something minty! Thanks for the inspiration girls xo

Healthiful Balance March 14, 2012 at 9:24 am

All these recipes look so amazing! I cant wait to try some of them soon. :)
Healthiful Balance recently posted..Obvious Fruit LoverMy Profile

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 14, 2012 at 9:28 am

Oh I love all the green ladies!! My favorite green food are green smoothies. So energizing!
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..60 day neat home challengeMy Profile

lindsay March 14, 2012 at 9:32 am

can you please come to my house for st. pattys day?!! I need some green food by you gals!
lindsay recently posted..Tell all Tuesday and GIVEAWAYMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 14, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Lindsay we will be right there :)

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life March 14, 2012 at 10:10 am

Thanks so much for including me, girls! I’ll swap you some cupcakes if you swap me some of the decadent looking goodies of yours from the top of this post? ;)
Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life recently posted..WIAW: Clearing Out LeftoversMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 14, 2012 at 1:39 pm

sounds like a plan Courtney!!

Kris March 14, 2012 at 10:39 am

you girls know I love my green – I add spinach to so much!
Kris recently posted..lavender date goat cheese pies for Pi DayMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 14, 2012 at 1:40 pm

ya for green lovers :) xoxo March 14, 2012 at 10:48 am

Oh my world, all this dishes look so so amazing! Thanks for a great post!

sarah March 14, 2012 at 10:52 am

Wow thanks ladies! Now I just have to pick one to make for Saturday I am thinking the mint chocolate cake! I love mint and chocolate! Have you tried Hail Merry’s raw mint chocolate tart? It is amazing!

Aylin @ Glow Kitchen March 14, 2012 at 11:18 am

No celebrating st. patty’s, just because i’d be the only one in turkey to do so, but i may wear green for my own little self-contained celebration!

the delicate place March 14, 2012 at 12:49 pm

i love green foods! haven’t had avocado pudding or ice cream in ages! gotta get on that even though i’m not irish in the least!! don’t need an excuse to enjoy an adult bev ;)
the delicate place recently posted..cast some light & you’ll be alright. . .My Profile

Jocelyn @ WhatsOnTheWire March 14, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Everything looks so delicious! Not sure which one to start with!!!

Lisa March 14, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Wow—–green! I will have one of each please :-)
Lisa recently posted..Start Today…My Profile

Angela March 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm

My mouth is watering right now!
Thanks for including my Baileys in your round up. :) I’ve been meaning to try your green ice cream for a while now! I gotta get on that..

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 14, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I eat so many green foods. Lettuce is probably my all time favorite and I eat it almost every day! I need to make those irish cream cupcakes for Tony. I bet he would love those!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Gluten and Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Pound Cake!My Profile

Lauren March 14, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Yummy green food! Kale is my favorite green food!
Lauren recently posted..Tasty FindsMy Profile

Nicole @ Making Good Choices March 15, 2012 at 4:00 am

I would say my favorite green food would have to be guacamole, but I’d take any of these foods if you girls were making it! :)
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Healthy Spin on Mac & Cheese with kale!My Profile

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit March 15, 2012 at 5:07 am

All the green amazingness! Very nice! I especially like the avocado ice cream :)
Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit recently posted..Meal Plan Subscription ProgramMy Profile

LizAshlee March 15, 2012 at 5:28 am

So much many choices..I LOVE it! I also naturally have a lot of green in my diet…just the way I like it! :)

shosh March 16, 2012 at 4:49 am

hi there,
michelle and lori..
firstly i love your website its truly ace…secondly as you talk about hormones a lot and skin issues i thought you might like to check out these websites that have great speakers for free but there only replayed for a few days…there are women natural specialists who talk in detail about these issues..\

google my wellness revolution and your vibrant health secrets, also
hope this helps..cheers love shosh

Jenna March 18, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Hey girls!!

I just made the Mint chocolate avocado layered cake and it´s awesome!!! I mean truly how can anything be that good, am in heaven! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Hey and I was looking for post where you were sharing your green smoothie recipes, somehow I just couldn´t find it anymore..?

Thank you for your truly inspiring blog and keep up the good work!:)

Bisous from France!

Lori and Michelle March 18, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Jenna awesome! we are so happy to hear this :) that reminds us we need to make that dessert again. mmmm
here is the link to some green smoothies of ours