strong legs

by michelle on March 15, 2012

hello luvs, it is almost the weekend, who is ready? I am looking forward to a little fun this weekend.

Lori and I started our week off strong with our workouts. we (and Gary) have been pushing ourselves all week of holding plank for 4 minutes. it is tough, let me make that clear. i do not stay still. i move around. i get bored, haha. Lori and I will have to do another video of us holding plank.

it has been 2 months of us working our way up to holding plank for 4 mins. we have held plank just about everyday. and we have heard from many of you that you have started to hold plank!! that is awesome. keep it up. push yourselves a little each day, each week. it will get easier…haha, okay maybe not but you will feel stronger and stronger!

remember strong is sexy!

our  workout recaps: we had a killer week of workouts last week

Monday – we did ZWOW #2 again

Tuesday – after a tough upper body from ZWOW, we decided to focus on legs.

strong sexy legs
Pin It

lori and I are trying to get our strong sexy legs!!

Wednesday – Tone It Up Max Burn Circuit  did the circuit twice. we changed this one up a bit, we did not do the 5 minute jog. but started and ended the workout with 2 minutes of jump rope.  about a 15 minute workout for us.

Thursday (today) – Tone It Up Rush workout  did this workout twice, 20 reps. took just under 12 minutes.

and check me out sharing two of my favorite beach body moves that you can do anywhere, right at home like me!

umm, I need to do more of these exercises, love them! and  for more great beach body moves head over to Lindsay’s blog for the complete workout. we look forward it doing it soon!

well I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!! and wish you all to have a successful week in your workouts…learn to love to sweat!

this Sunday check out our fun interview with Heather  for her Better Health Summit. our interview will be live Sunday 4:30 pm Eastern time. plus many other great interviews!

Twin Cakes Bakery is having a sale on ALL OUR SNACK BITES!!  we have some new and improved snack bites. our dough balls and brownies bites have less sugar and contain flax and chia!! go get yourself some healthy snacks! and we are still working hard to find a way to sell our thin mints! plus more sugar free treats!! if anyone has any suggestions or request please let us know.

Michelle

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List March 15, 2012 at 6:33 am

Thanks for the TT linkage!! And I’ll help spread the word about the sale! Think my sister would be interested!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..thursday’s theme and a blend for blendMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 15, 2012 at 7:31 am

katie @KatieDid March 15, 2012 at 7:59 am

I’ve been rocking the planks this week, thanks for the motivation! doing 3 minutes now, usually while watching some motivational crossfit youtube videos haha. it works!
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Guacamole SoupMy Profile

Liz @ IHeartVegetables March 15, 2012 at 8:32 am

I haven’t done single leg squats in ages! I think I blocked them out of my mind ;) Strong IS sexy! I totally need to do more lower body. I tend to skip it because I think upper is more fun ;)

Kris | iheartwellness.com March 15, 2012 at 9:31 am

Wooooow!!!! Look at those arms!!!! Goooo Ladies!!

Great workouts and great tips, thank you!! I’m doing heavy legs today and I’m stoked!!

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Lean Clean Shamrock ShakeMy Profile

Faith March 15, 2012 at 9:56 am

Hey Ladies,

Any plans to add more carob items to your product offerings at Twin Cakes? Thanks for the info!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 15, 2012 at 9:57 am

Nice leg workout! I’m at 3:30 on the planks as of yesterday. I like doing them with someone though to keep from getting bored. It’s a fun challenge!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Potato Skins and Teamwork!My Profile

ritika March 15, 2012 at 10:03 am

hi i madw ur thin minta yesterday i did tweak it and used jaggery instead ofstevia….jaggery is vwry famous in india for its benefits…it is very high in iron, good for digestion and reduces bloating…..i used jaggery powder….tht helped it a bit fr heat resistance….did. Ot

Jenna March 15, 2012 at 10:18 am

You girls look beautifully strong and sexy! I work in ZWOW workouts into my normal workout routine and am loving them so far :) I am similar in shape and build to both of you (small but STRONG!) and I am LOVING the post workout quiche recipe you posted (the first one and the latest one). Please PLEASE keep posting more of these amazing recipes! And let me say that you are MASTER healthy dessert creators! I LOVE the protein thin mints! Have you considered trying to make a protein bar? I like to look for foods that I can transport easily (to keep hunger at bay). Please keep up the amazing work! I love your blog :)

Lisa March 15, 2012 at 11:02 am

Woohooo planks!
I love the variety of workouts you girls do!
Lisa recently posted..Start Today…My Profile

Aylin @ Glow Kitchen March 15, 2012 at 11:29 am

I’ve just assembled a bunch of butt/leg workout videos on youtube — thanks for sharing the 2 moves!
Aylin @ Glow Kitchen recently posted..Vegan Brown Rice BurgerMy Profile

Karen March 15, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I love making and eating crackers/flourless breads. I am sooo excited about the pulp crackers. I just ate lunch but am tempted to juice just to get the pulp and try these crackers!!! I’ll let you know what I juice and what they taste like with my pulp. Thanks for that amazing sounding recipe!

Heather Nauta March 15, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Looking good Michelle!! I saw that Tone It Up Max Burn, too, and was thinking about it… but the 5 min run threw me off cause it’s still so soggy around here – I love your idea of jump rope instead!
Thanks for sharing a link to the Better Health Summit, I had a lot of fun chatting with you girls and can’t wait to share your awesomeness on my site :) xo Heather

JennyO March 15, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Awesome, I needed legs today. I love the planks, the up/downs are really awesome, I feel them a little in my shoulders – finally seeing some definition.
Thanks for all the links and fresh workouts, its been keeping me going 2 months straight of 5 days a week! Woohoo!
I did FitNHeels Sweat is just fat crying with the jump rope. Loved IT. Those starfish planks are freaking killer!
JennyO recently posted..Combat CameramanMy Profile

Jessica Nazarali (@JessicaNazarali) March 15, 2012 at 6:03 pm

For a good leg work out I can’t go past squats on a bosu, I always feel so sore the next day! I have recently taken up Ashtanga yoga and I have found it to be a fantastic all body work out too. I’m actually giving away two yoga beginner course on my blog at the moment.. Have a look if you are keen to give it a try :) http://livehealthysimply.com/2012/03/fiona-parker-the-ashtanga-yoga-space/
Jessica Nazarali (@JessicaNazarali) recently posted..Sugar Free and Vegan Wedding CakesMy Profile

Nicole @ Making Good Choices March 16, 2012 at 4:18 am

Awesome leg workout! I need to get started with this plank challenge! You girls inspire me with your 4 minute plank!
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Healthy Spin on Mac & Cheese with kale!My Profile

Lolita @ Peace, Love and Greens March 16, 2012 at 5:10 am

Hi Girls,
I wanted to let you know that you have global influence :)
I was recently at a raw vegan potluck and one lady brought an amazing dessert that everyone loved. When we questioned her on the recipe she said she got it off a blog. I probed further and she said it was from two gorgeous twins who run pure2raw! I said I knew the blog and loved it too. It was so great to try one of your creations all the way over here in Sydney, Australia.

Loving how fit and strong you girls are. I really need to work on my strength.

Lori and Michelle March 16, 2012 at 5:55 am

Lolita awesome!!!!!!! this makes us so happy and sooooo honored!! thank you so much for telling us this :) we are blushing over here. so glad that we are making a difference in people’s lives and what they make for desserts everyone. we really need to come and see the beautiful Australia!! one day we will xoxoxo

Bonnie March 16, 2012 at 8:02 pm

What a good week of workouts! Love seeing what you guys are up to…it’s inspiring and I think we have a pretty similar workout philosophy and way in which we attack our workouts. Keep it up! 4 minutes is impressive! I’ve never tried to make out on a plank – I know I could get to 2.30 okay (with fidgeting!) and think I’d have to work my way up to 4 minutes – crazy! :D
Bonnie recently posted..Fun Friday FactsMy Profile

arod545 April 19, 2012 at 10:03 am

I just started following your blog. Very cool! I’m a gluten-free vegetarian who’s very into fitness, so it seems like a great match. You’ve inspired me to start my own plank challenge. I did 3 minutes yesterday before I saw your plank video today. I did full plank, and I see you both do forearm plank. Do you think doing one or the other is better/more beneficial? My wrists did get sore after the first couple of minutes…