two new workout moves

by michelle on March 11, 2012

Happy Sunday luvs!

thanks again for even more love and support about Lori’s skin care update video! as you can tell her skin is making improvements. small improvements everyday. we both appreciate everyone’s thoughts on sugar vs fat and acne. we are taking it all in.

and so many of you asked about what foods Lori found to be allergic to through her blood test (food allergy blood work). it was my doing and saying do not share what they were because it was her test. her blood. i did not think people would really care. but i guess you guys do. so Lori is working on a follow up post!

okay now moving onto our weekly fitness recap. to help get us through the week we looked to some of our fitfluential peeps to motivate us plus our other favorite trainers!

plus found two new exercises that work the abs, as well as the whole body!

Wednesday – The Fitness Dish HIIT the core workout plus our 3:45 mins of holding plank. a great way to start the day with working the ABS! in and out is a killer ab and arm move that we have a love-hate relationship with.

Thursday -  Fit in Heels sweat is just fat crying workout first don’t you just love the name of this workout?? we both loved this work out. we did change it up a bit. here is what we did:

grabbed our Gymboss Interval Timer (affiliate link) and set it to 10 second rest – 30 second work of 20 rounds. we did the 10 exercises with jump roping in between.  we did all the exercises once, instead of 3 like Katy did. when we have more time, we plan to tackle three rounds!! and we found a new move we love – frogger jump + tricep pushup!

we quickly shot these pics of us doing these workout moves so show what we mean this morning

frogger jump with tricep pushup

and we did something new, well new in the sense it has been forever,  went for a little jog! the reason why was because a friend asked us to help get him in shape, and he wanted to go for a run. so we naturally laced up our Mizuno wave tennis shoes and hit the pavement.  although think we have him convinced to do interval workouts ;) since that is what we love

Friday – ZWOW #8 THIS WAS ZUZANA’S TOUGHEST WORKOUT YET!

well at least to us it was. or maybe we really pushed ourselves, either way, it was a great workout that was done under 20 minutes.

and again, we found a another new workout movetoe touch jump ups! such a fun move

toe touch jump ups

Saturday – we looked to our Tone It Up girls for a lovely circuit workout for the abs. our abs are feeling stronger each day!

and for each workout, we did our warm-up plus 3:45 mins of holding plank. and most days we practiced our headstands! still tough for us.

today – Sunday – we are thinking a walk outside. it is beautiful here in NC, so must take advantage of it. and maybe a little yoga.

and that is our sweaty weekly workouts. oh what workout will we do this coming week?? we are excited to stay motivated and keep working towards our fitness goals.

Twins Question: How are you reaching your fitness goals? What is your favorite butt workout? favorite ab workout? any new exercise moves you been loving lately?

M

The Delicate Place March 11, 2012 at 8:30 am

i just did Laury’s HIIT core workout yesterday, my abs are sore today! my butt is still sore from ZWOW #7 lol. i’m gonna try to do ZWOW #8 on tuesday or weds morning. def taking a complete rest tomorrow. i’m heading out for a 3 mile walk soon since the sun is shining and it’s supposed to be warmer today yay!

my fave butt workout is either jump lunge or a ‘fire hydrant’ haha
The Delicate Place recently posted..spring energy & set your clocks backMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Melissa sounds great enjoy your walk, we walked today for 30 minutes it was great to get outside to enjoy the weather!

janetha March 11, 2012 at 9:26 am

arms are lookin’ fierce!
janetha recently posted..A to Z.My Profile

Lori and Michelle March 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm

haha thanks girl, we are trying

Gillian March 11, 2012 at 9:30 am

Holy ripped – you hals are…wow…inspiring!
Gillian recently posted..Thank You…My Profile

Lori and Michelle March 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm

lindsay March 11, 2012 at 11:03 am

DANG!! I saw that workout. Saving it. Oh gosh, i’m pumped to try it. You ladies are looking amazingly fit by the way.
lindsay recently posted..Fake it FridayMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm

thanks Lindsay!!! HUGS

Callie {rawxy} March 11, 2012 at 11:27 am

Love the ZWOW videos – I watched one last week and was like, yup – I’m gonna have to add this to the mix. I’ve been stuck in such a cardio rut as of late (which is really unlike me) and I think it’s just because I need to get out of my head with work.. for me, cardio helps the most with that! I get in the zone and can work through problems more fluidly! Spinning especially! But, It doesn’t do much for strength – hence, the replanning.
Callie {rawxy} recently posted..Product Review: Dastony Nut Butter and Rawtella SpreadsMy Profile

Erica March 11, 2012 at 11:54 am

That frogger pushup is awesome. It is beautiful today. Unfort, i have a tummy bug/flu. Luckily, i got in some awesome workouts earlier this week
Erica recently posted..Cheater’s Chana Masala (Parents Need to Eat Too) & GiveawayMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 11, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Erica I hope your tummy feels better soon!! HUGS

jessie ann james March 11, 2012 at 12:42 pm

you guys look amazing! wishing I was as tiny as you two ladies! someday!
jessie ann james recently posted..Stop KONY 2012My Profile

Laury @thefitnessdish March 11, 2012 at 1:08 pm

You both look amazing. And YEY! Thanks so much for posting the workout! I am SO glad you liked it! 3:45 of plank holds!! I am beyond impressed!

I do love the name of the fit in heels workout too. Sounds awesome!!!

Happy Sunday, girls <3
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..What’s Your Vice?My Profile

Aylin @ Glow Kitchen March 11, 2012 at 1:12 pm

You are looking so good and in shape!

Paige @ Running Around Normal March 11, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I just watched this one – it looks KILLER!

Ami@dashofcurry.com March 11, 2012 at 2:05 pm

You both are rockstars– I love reading about the variety and hardcore-ness of your workouts! Once I my leg injury heals up I am going to reassess my fitness goals before I jump right back into running. I think I want to try kickboxing!
Ami@dashofcurry.com recently posted..Sunday Funday: My Favorite Posts From Around The Blogosphere This WeekMy Profile

Bonnie March 11, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Loved Zuzana’s ZWOW 8 as well! Those toe touch jump ups were fun…I think we’d workout well together – we go to many of the same sources for inspiration and moves and I love that you guys are BodyRockers too – I still like their site but am loving the new Zuzana stuff quite a bit! Great work and keep staying consistent in the workout realm and creative kitchen realm! :D
Bonnie recently posted..Out of Your Comfort ZoneMy Profile

Liz @ iheartvegetables March 11, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I was so not in the mood to work out today… but seriously, you girls are SO inspiring! It was nice of you to go on a jog! I’m with you though, interval workouts are where it’s at!

katie @KatieDid March 11, 2012 at 6:12 pm

you girls are so motivating! I got outdoors for a run/ walk today, did a plank and some random HIIT moves just to keep things changing constantly.
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Bove’s Pasta SauceMy Profile

jodie March 11, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I love Zuzana, and the ZWOW8 was intense.
jodie recently posted..Upper Body and CoreMy Profile

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 11, 2012 at 7:14 pm

I love the frog jumps too! I did those Friday! I love finding new fun moves that make me burn! Sounds like you two had a great physical weekend. I hope it’s a great week for you two!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Tony’s Burn Notice Commercial!My Profile

JennyO March 11, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Ok the “Toe Touch Jump-Ups?” I can not wait to do that circuit today, I am a little bored with a few of my circuits this came at the right time and reminds me almost of a recent love I have with Spiderman Planks.

A good booty burn I like is from MyOMyTv.com with Marianne:

Thanks for the fitness motivation – and yea… I don’t know why anyone would wonder what someone else was allergic too? I mean my skin issues are mine as well. Some of the tips that you all mention do not work for my skin because its … well mine ;) I mean my sister? Allergies range from dairy, seafoods, meat proteins… the list goes on. Me? Only allergic reaction I’ve had is from a bee sting.
JennyO recently posted..Cramps, Bananas, and Grapefruit Oh My!My Profile

LizAshlee March 12, 2012 at 4:34 am

Those are some intense moves!!

eiren March 12, 2012 at 5:17 am

Holy crud!! muscles much? YOu girls look AMAZING!!! I started insanity 2 weeks ago. love the hiit workouts!!

Lori and Michelle March 12, 2012 at 8:06 am

Thank you Eiren!!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance March 12, 2012 at 5:42 am

Just wanted to let you girls know that I woke up this morning, decided it was a HIIT day, then came to your page for some heart-pumping ideas ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Cream Soda ConfessionsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 12, 2012 at 8:06 am

Awesome Brittany!! glad we could help inspire you ;) we love our HIIT

Amanda - RunToTheFinish March 12, 2012 at 7:43 am

you girls have definitely motivated me to start doing a lot more ab work
Amanda – RunToTheFinish recently posted..Fashion Disaster HELP!!My Profile

Lisa March 12, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I don’t usually do focused workouts for specific body parts, like butt or abs…but I do turn to yoga for body shaping overall! I like HIIT workouts and gym workouts, but yoga has made the biggest difference for me overall!
Lisa recently posted..Friends as FamilyMy Profile

Maysel03 March 13, 2012 at 2:38 am

Excellent workout! :) I really love yoga too..So sad that I don’t have time for it anymore.. My work is killing me!
Maysel03 recently posted..Wedding MateMy Profile

Heather @ For the Love of Kale March 13, 2012 at 9:23 pm

UM, holy cow!!! You girls look incredible! :-) SO strong and toned. My favorite butt workout is Mind Body Barre. I KILL my clients. ;-) …with love of course! For abs, I love the Tone it Up Best Ab Circuit.
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..Girls Day & Veggie Masala PizzaMy Profile