using the equalizer

by Lori and Michelle on March 26, 2012

Happy Monday!

we have been doing very well with our workouts. our motivation is high as we are heading to the beach this coming weekend for a little girl time with some of our girl friends. we must say we are super excited! so we have been pushing ourselves a little harder in our workouts but also with work.

the equalizer

last week we did our 4:15 minutes of holding plank. though this week we are trying 4:30. yikes.

Tuesday: 10 minute workout for two exercises, toe touch for abs ( 1 rep) and dive bomber (1 rep) = 1 set, repeat till the 10 minutes is done. we loved doing workouts like this. really makes us focus on our form.

abs of steel

Wednesday: ZWOW #9 a great full body workout. from our go to girl! as you can tell we enjoyed her workouts this past week.

Thursday: ZWOZ #3 - seriously such a great leg workout. we felt stronger this time around doing it again for the second time.

Friday: ZWOW #10another great full body 10 minute workout. those high knees always get us.

Saturday: about a 20 minute walk outside with the Tone It Up Drop 10 Workout

Sunday: Tone It Up workout again plus some jump roping and did 2 yoga short sessions from the lovely Tara Stiles. one video for opening the hips and back and another video of her morning yoga session. it felt really good to stretch the body, it has been weeks since we have done yoga. we have a new goal to do yoga on the weekends.

like we mentioned before we finally got ourselves the Equalizer! we put it together and have been using it everyday. and WOW! it is tough. really works our muscles in a different way. a completely new style of challenge for our bodies. WE LOVE IT!

hope you enjoyed our video of us using and putting together the Lebert Fitness Equalizer.

ab workout on equlizer

SERIOUSLY LOVE THIS EQUIPMENT!

dips for tricepslike we mentioned before, we did not get paid for this. we bought the equalizer with our own money.

check out the website, they run sales. trust us, if you do at home workouts put this on your wish lists.

lebert fitness equalizer

we have used the equalizer just about everyday as our second workout. we are still getting used to it. so we just do a few reps like we showed in the video!

it is so much fun, and very challenging!!

Twins Question: what is your biggest challenge for yourself this week? any new fitness goals? did you do anything fun over the weekend?

L&M

Amanda @Rewild Your Life March 26, 2012 at 7:22 am

This week I am starting a new sprinting workout series!!! Now that the weather is getting nicer I am so excited to get outside and run.

lou March 26, 2012 at 8:01 am

holy abs! looks like all your hard work is paying off! and that plank,my goal is still 2 min…oy vey
lou recently posted..home cookinMy Profile

Helene@healthyfrenchie March 26, 2012 at 8:31 am

Great pics, you look so happy :)
I had intended to do ZWOW9 and 10 yesterday but I hurt my knee on Saturday and it gave way while I was doing ZWOW9 :(
Hopefully it’s nothing bad, since I love her workouts! I am still working on my jump rope technique… Do you guys have any tips?
And as Lou said: “Holly abs”!
Helene@healthyfrenchie recently posted..An injury, and I need your fashion adviceMy Profile

LizAshlee March 26, 2012 at 8:44 am

You girls are so inspiring…wowsa abs…so impressive!!! Thanks for inspiring everyone to get moving!
LizAshlee recently posted..Giddy-up-and-Go WorkoutMy Profile

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! March 26, 2012 at 9:00 am

awesome workouts! That equalizer is definitely something I would want to invest in as well. This week I’m going to make sure to get in more core work (at least 3 times a week), since i’ve been seriously slacking in that department.
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Exploring Stockholm: Slussen, Gamla Stan, HagaparkenMy Profile

Liz @ IHeartVegetables March 26, 2012 at 9:11 am

That looks so perfect for an intense home workout! And it wouldn’t take up a ton of space!

Have fun at the beach this weekend!!! :)
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..[Another] Mini Dessert: Because they’re just so cuteMy Profile

janetha @ meals & moves March 26, 2012 at 9:40 am

I want to get one of these! Such a great fitness tool.
janetha @ meals & moves recently posted..change of plans.My Profile

the delicate place March 26, 2012 at 10:37 am

do you do 2 workouts a day often? i like how i feel after exercise but find it hard to do more than 3-4 workouts a week lol. i try to stay beach ready year round since you never know when a hot tub party may happen ;)
the delicate place recently posted..your mug hereMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 26, 2012 at 12:51 pm

no Melissa, we do not usually do 2 workouts, and when we do a second workout it usually is not as intense as our morning workout. sometimes we just try to work our ‘problem’ areas a little more. and by meaning problem areas – areas we feel a little weak in and need a little extra boost :)

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean March 26, 2012 at 10:44 am

omg i need one of those! looks so fun!
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Tuna Quinoa CakesMy Profile

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed March 26, 2012 at 10:51 am

love the video!! my biggest challenge this weekend was Mad Men AND Hunger Games, and so much related food.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Mr Miyagi Pegging Me With Plums.My Profile

Coco March 26, 2012 at 11:02 am

The equalizer looks like so much fun!!! Its always awesome to have something new to work on- and you can do so many different things with it so you’ll never get bored! The biggest challenge for me this week is taking rest.. I just finished Livefit and after 3 months of intense weight lifting, I’m trying to allow my body to heal.. just doing low impact cardio (which is both boring and not very fun.. hah!) and some yoga and stretching..It’s day one and I feel antsy already- but I get to teach my fitness class tonight so I guess that will take care of some of it! I haven’t really made any new fitness goals just yet- and I’m taking this week to reflect and figure some out.. I like your plank holds and I’m thinking I’ll start working on that- how many minutes do you hope to hold it for overall? Looks like all of your hard work is paying off- you girls looks great! Happy workouts!
Coco recently posted..Livefit Phase 3 COMPLETE! + Review and PhotosMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 26, 2012 at 12:55 pm

thanks Coco! we hope to get up to at least 5 minutes of planks, maybe more- you never know with us :)

Lisa March 26, 2012 at 11:05 am

Oh, man I want the equalizer! But I’m afraid it will take up a lot of space and then I won’t end up using it enough….so I’m gonna wait for updates from you two and see if you keep liking it over time! lol.

I’m thinking up my fitness challenges for this week today… I’m feeling motivated to try some new things!
Lisa recently posted..How do you end a great weekend? With peanut butter ice cream!My Profile

lindsay March 26, 2012 at 11:18 am

i’m so jealous, but in a good way. WOULD LOVE ONE!! Can i come play?
lindsay recently posted..Sunday SnapshotsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 26, 2012 at 12:56 pm

yes you are always invited over to play with us!

Caroline72 March 26, 2012 at 1:02 pm

What a great idea to use it for work out.The picture are good you can see the fitness of the person…
Caroline72 recently posted..Meet Jane B, Our Biggest HCG Loser, Read one woman’s story of how she went for overweight and little self esteem, to feeling fabulous and looking great! Read her story now….My Profile

Katy @ Fit In Heels March 26, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I’m so pumped you got the EQ!!! It is probably my favourite type of equipment. You guys look amazing- HOT legs!!! :)
Katy @ Fit In Heels recently posted..New 20-Minute Tabata Workout: Fitness Idol!My Profile

Lori and Michelle March 26, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Katy we love it!! thanks girl

Vicky (Sweet and Healthy Living) March 26, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Look at those abs! You guys are looking great! The equalizer looks looks like so much fun… I want one!
Vicky (Sweet and Healthy Living) recently posted..Vegan Lemon CurdMy Profile

Ela March 26, 2012 at 2:49 pm

You look so awesome–and the equalizer looks like a great piece of equipment, fun too!
I adore my rebounder because it’s so much fun, similarly.

My biggest challenge this week is probably going to be sticking to the agreement I made with my ND–to go to bed like a good girl and take my meds and stay away from caffeine–and still manage to keep up with my workload without doing those things!

Ela recently posted..Spring Colors and Brownie Bite RecipeMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 26, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Ela thinking of you!! you can do it ;)

Heather @ For the Love of Kale March 26, 2012 at 4:59 pm

You girls are ROCK STARS. For real. The equalizer looks like SO much fun. Now, you’ve got me wanting one!
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..Hard Work Pays Off!My Profile

Charissa March 26, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I am dying to get one of these…they looks so awesome!
Charissa recently posted..Chocolate Granola (& review)My Profile

Laury@TheFitnessDish March 26, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Can’t stop staring at your abs.

And I’m totally jealous of your equalizer! I want one!!!
Laury@TheFitnessDish recently posted..It’s Not TabataMy Profile

Lisa March 26, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I want the equalizer so sooo bad! You guys look so great too! Aren’t Zuzana’s workout the best, I have plans to do one on Wednesday :)
Lisa recently posted..Holy Crap, Skinny B, and SnacksMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 27, 2012 at 4:59 am

thanks Lisa! and yes we love Zuzana!

Gillian March 27, 2012 at 4:38 am

You ladies are so sexy and lean, it’s mind blowing! I would love an equalizer but I would definitely need some beautiful twins to show me how to use it…hint hint! ;)
Gillian recently posted..One Young Woman’s Guide to ParisMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 27, 2012 at 5:00 am

aww thanks girl! we would love to show you :) hopefully one day we can make that happen!!

JennyO March 27, 2012 at 6:11 am

Last week was a rough week on the fitness side of the house, I was working nights and finding a real lack of zing for the workout. It’s Tuesday and I’m going to hit up a DVD to get me going, part of it is the loss of my Gymboss, I am checking the post box daily hoping the new one arrives soon. I miss my little beep of motivation to give me the extra oomph.
So nothing new, just digging back up some of the MyOMyTv.com workouts I like with Kettlebells and checking out the BodyRock and Zwow that seem to really just click for me from your site. Thanks for the inspirations! I would love to get one of these for upstairs!

Paige @ running Around Normal March 27, 2012 at 9:51 am

Awesome!! I’ve wanted one of those for a while, too.

And nice abs!!
Paige @ running Around Normal recently posted..GoldenMy Profile

Elizabeth March 27, 2012 at 10:35 am

I am running in the Charleston bridge run on Saturday! I would love to know how you made the green smoothie in the pic above. Also, y’all encouraged me to start doing planks everyday and I finally broke through my 5 minute goal. I did 5:16 !

hihorosie March 27, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Wow, I feel like such a slacker! Well, probably because I am. :) The equalizer looks cool. Time for me to step up my game a bit. Thanks for the inspiration!
hihorosie recently posted..I did it!My Profile

Liz March 27, 2012 at 11:10 pm

I hope you guys don’t mind me asking, but have you always been active/athletic? I just wonder if there’s still hope for me to get crazy fit like the two of you after a lifetime of INactivity. :) Was there something you did that really changed your body or has this been a lifelong endeavor?

shani April 3, 2012 at 12:01 pm

have you stopped following bodyrock?

Lori and Michelle April 3, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Shani – yea pretty much. we check in on their videos a few times, but overall yes. we do follow Zuzana’s new youtube channel though. plus been finding other fitness peeps we are loving!

Kim April 7, 2012 at 5:51 am

I just found your website and it’s very inspiring. I am a bodyrocker and an even bigger ZUZKA fan. I have all the equipment except for the Equalizer bars. When they first started using them, I repeated 100 times, “I am not buying that.” Seriously-how does it compare to the dip station. I love some of the exercises they do on BR with it and I can’t do them with my dip station. I also checked out all the exercises on the E. website and it looks quite versatile. Let me know if you have both and your comparison of them.