we did it….we got it

by Lori and Michelle on March 6, 2012

so happy everyone is enjoying our video and recipe for how to make pulp crackers

we make them just about everyday now when we have our juice veggies on hand, which is pretty much becoming a requirement as we cannot go a day without them, haha

we stock up on organic carrots, celery, and apples at trader joes, and then have to go another store for organic beets. kind of sucks that we have to drive all over to get our veggies and food, but every store around us offers something different.  do you shop at multiple stores for your food? do you do your grocery shopping all in one day or go through out the week? we find ourselves going a few times a week. haha guess that tells you how much food we eat over here

over the weekend we did some Physique 57  30 minutes each day. these are still tough for us. these workouts are such a different kind of burn. we feel it really works our muscles in a different way. a great butt workout for sure too!

monday we did bodyrock’s sexy pain workout. 12 minute body weight workout. we set our Gymboss Interval Timer (affliate link) for 18 rounds of 10 and 30 second intervals. this interval workout was filled with so many great moves, two in particular that we struggle with the reptile on the run and one-leg squat. having the intervals a little shorter helps pass the time. though we still we love this workout!

today, this morning, (tuesday) we did Zuzana’s ZWOW 7 workout. loved the mix of jump roping mixed into the workout. we set our Gymboss Interval Timer at the stop watch setting and turned into workout warriors. this workout was a perfect mix of strength and cardio.

foam rollingwe have been using the foam roller we bought a few weeks ago just about everyday after our workouts.  we only got one, as we wanted to make sure we liked it. plus a few of our fitfluential friends shared with us a few other kinds.

and remember in our video we mentioned about getting a kettlebell or more free weights, well we got it! actually got both!

we were getting a few things at Target and briefly browsed their fitness area and just decided to do it.

if we wanted to reach our fitness goals, we needed to push ourselves harder.

so we plan to add on some additional workouts using the kettlebell as little extra push after our main workout.

what have you done lately to improve your fitness? how are you pushing yourself to reach your fitness goals? who else has been doing planks everyday?

we are up to holding plank for 3:45!!  we use it as our warm-up. it is killer though!

have a great day!

L & M

Liz @ IHeartVegetables March 6, 2012 at 7:26 am

Oh I’ve been considering getting a foam roller! I wasn’t really sure what kind of workouts you can do with it though. (At first I just thought it was like a massage thing, haha)

I’ve only done a kettlebell workout once, and it was a Jillian Michael’s DVD, but I just used a freeweight ;)

Lori and Michelle March 6, 2012 at 10:20 am

ya Liz at the moment we do stretching moves on our foam roller, still trying to get used to it

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 6, 2012 at 7:46 am

I love Core Fusion for the same reason you two like Physique 57. I love working those smaller muscle groups in a sneaky way! I’ve been trying to incorporate more high intensity exercises in my interval training. I love the spike I get in my heart rate and it really does fuel my energy levels. Thanks for the links, I’m definitely going to check them out!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Meatless Monday on a Tuesday and Let’s Talk Hair Donation!My Profile

Lori and Michelle March 6, 2012 at 10:20 am

Sarena yay :)

katie @KatieDid March 6, 2012 at 8:18 am

Kettlebells are amazing! I use them at crossfit occasionally and they are a total body burn. I would be nervous using them inside my house though, not sure I trust myself haha. I’m actually taking a sort of lazy week to catch up and allow my body to really rest. Hoping I come back stronger next week!
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Staycation Plans and Homemade SushiMy Profile

Kris | iheartwellness.com March 6, 2012 at 8:32 am

Hey Ladies!! I love your workout posts!! I’ve been following the ZWOW and Bodyrock workouts too and did one from Lisa Marie at BR the other day that my legs are still sore….eeeekkk!!!

Lately I’ve been uping all my weights!! I want that defined arm, I will get it!!! Keep up the great work!

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..No Bake Chocolate Cherry Mini Cheesecakes {Grain Free & Sugar Free}My Profile

Lori and Michelle March 6, 2012 at 10:21 am

same here Kris! we will all get those defined arms!!!

Megan @ The Detoxinista March 6, 2012 at 8:34 am

I love getting new workout equipment to spice things up!

I’ve re-committed myself to doing regular Physique 57 workouts, after taking a little break over the holidays, and I can’t believe how much my body has changed already. Even though my body weight hasn’t drastically shifted, I tried on a pair of jeans that I wore on my wedding day, and they were loose-fitting on me! I’m totally sold. :) Oh, and the workout NEVER gets easier. You just get better at doing the moves, which actually makes it burn more! (which is why you don’t plateau) Ouch!!

Look forward to hearing about your experience with the new kettlebell!
Megan @ The Detoxinista recently posted..Vegan Banana Walnut Bread CookiesMy Profile

Helene @healthyfrenchie March 6, 2012 at 9:20 am

You guys won’t regret buying a kettlebell… I got one a few weeks ago and I love how you can get cardio and strength workouts at the same time!
I also did the ZWOW7 at the week-end. I really enjoyed it, especially the love-handles buster. It didn’t feel like much at the time, but my waist was hurting the next day!
Helene @healthyfrenchie recently posted..Rainy mondayMy Profile

Lori and Michelle March 6, 2012 at 10:23 am

oh boy does that mean out sides will be hurting tomorrow haha

Sarah March 6, 2012 at 9:55 am

Plank for 3:45? Amazing! You two are awesome. I am brand new to the raw vegan diet and am so excited about this site!

Lori and Michelle March 6, 2012 at 10:24 am

thanks Sarah! and welcome. we are not 100% raw vegans but do incorporate a lot of raw vegans foods and recipes on our site! we love them :) and will continue to incorporate them into our daily lives! let us know if you have any questions!! HUGS

Aylin @ Glow Kitchen March 6, 2012 at 11:16 am

I am embarking on a boxing adventure!
Aylin @ Glow Kitchen recently posted..Soft & CrunchyMy Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life March 6, 2012 at 11:58 am

Ooh you got a foam roller! I’d love to know more about ways to use this, as I’ve heard so much about them in the blog world and from my physio! Could you do a post on ways to ‘foam roll’? :) (Unless you have already and I missed it?)

janetha @ meals & moves March 6, 2012 at 1:13 pm

WOW that is a long plank! good job!
janetha @ meals & moves recently posted..try something new: cauliflower crust pizza.My Profile

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! March 6, 2012 at 1:31 pm

wow – 3:45 plank! thats seriously impressive, I might need to start pushing my daily plank times (or rather, doing a daily plank *every* day) kettlebells are an awesome addition to a home gym. when I have my own place, I’ll definitely take the plunge and invest in some fitness equipment.
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Above the Arctic – Swedish LaplandMy Profile

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance March 6, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I love your fitness recaps because as a fellow lover of shorter/more intense workouts, you guys give me lots of ideas :)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..“The Fun Stuff”My Profile

Ela March 6, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Yes, I have to go several places to get my groceries!
Yay on your new fitness purchases. But make sure you don’t push too hard.
Ela recently posted.."50 First Weeks:" The Unmilked Cow and Simple SoupMy Profile

Lisa March 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Great update!
I love kettlebells! I bought one, but I don’t use it as much as I thought I would. I stick more to the Ugi and a sand bag.
Love the ZWOW’s lately!
Lisa recently posted..Vanilla Donuts with Lemon Cheesecake Frosting (Grain/Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free option)My Profile

JennyO March 6, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I’ve been looking at the Sandbag. I did get KB but have now moved up in weight so they are a little too light – luckily the gym on posts has a variety. Thanks for the link to the Zuzana, that’s a new one to the BodyRock for me… :)
JennyO recently posted..Nurenburg Spring TeaseMy Profile

Chris March 10, 2012 at 10:52 am

Hi. I need some help. After you workout (strength train) experts say you should have a protein drink. I like to get my workout done in the morning. However, I first feel like I have to have something in my stomache. So, I have my protein shake. Then I hae to wait a little while to do my strength training so that I can hae a shake after my workout. But then, I feel like my meals/hunger/water intake is all off for the day. I have fructose malabsorption, so I cannot start my day with fruit (fructose sugar!). Do you have any suggestions?How id your day organized in terms of food intake/workout schedule? Please help!!!!!!!!