first thank you, thank you, thank you all so much for the sweet words about our plank video and we are so deeply honored to be such inspirations for so many of you. keep up the great work with your planks!!! promise you will reach your own fitness goals!
well the WEDDING is getting soooooo close! hard to believe it is this Saturday!!
my wedding is a little bit of DO-IT-YOURSELF style.
anyone else have or did a DIY style wedding?
although it is more work, it really does help make the ‘wedding’ and everything involved that much more real. does that make sense? by having all these little projects really helps make you feel apart of the wedding in a different way.
things that I am (well with help of family and friends too) myself are:
- some of the desserts at the dessert bar (I am getting gluten free vegan cupcakes made for the wedding done by a local health food cafe, I was going to do them myself but decided that was a little too much to handle). other desserts being made by Michelle and I are our chocolate truffles by Twin Cakes, and triple chocolate and key lime cream cakes.
- designing the wedding ceremony program and making (a post on that soon)
- designing dessert table labels – used a template from Michaels craft store.
- design dessert bar – got inspiration from Pinterest boards. Gary’s dad did cut all the wood for the table!
- designing reception centerpieces – again from Pinterest ideas. using mason jars and vases for them. (a post on that soon)
- made our own cupcake toppers- got a template from a website. my mom is printing them and cutting them for me. (a post on that soon)
I do plan on sharing how we did all this too! in case those of you would like to do something similar!
most of it has been fairly easy.
here are some things that I have already gotten for the wedding day. some are DIY projects, as others I bought from Esty, JoAnn’s or Michaels.
a quick overview of most things that I am working on these past few days.there is a list of songs for the ceremony for the DJ, labels for dessert tables, guest sign-in book, sand unity materials, items to make my ceremony program
dessert labels for the dessert table. got these from Michaels and used their template to print on. very easy.
our guest sign-in book. I wanted something different and unique for my sign-in book. and Michelle and I came across this book of about love. has great love quotes in there. and I thought that would be perfect. each guests can find a page they like to sign on!
mason jars for the centerpieces for the reception. we are putting flowers and possibly lemons in them. more on that soon.
sand unity for the ceremony. since our wedding is outside we could not do candles. so Gary wanted something for the ceremony, and I just went on google and searched for unity symbols for weddings and sand came across! here is where I bought mine from.
love this idea! anyone else heard of this?
tree stubs slices for the decorations for the rehearsal dinner tables and reception dessert table. we are putting doilies on top. then all the desserts on top of that.
then I bought us girls buttons for our heels, to help make it easier to walk in the grass at the wedding. they are soul mates.
well I am off to go get more things checked off my to-do list.
any tips or other ideas for DIY projects for weddings? love to hear what others have done or seen.
till next time,