Easter Menu Ideas

by Lori and Michelle on April 6, 2012

Happy Good Friday!

Easter is this weekend and we thought we would share some ideas just in case you are still deciding what to make for your family gathering.

Breakfast

persimmon tahin donut

mini cardamom donuts

Savory

kale sweet potato pie

cheezy quinoa casserole

Dessert

raw protein chocolate avocado mini brownies

raw creamy coconut lime cream mini cake

and more yummy creations we have come across that sound amazing

Buckwheat quinoa pancakes

spinach galette with wild mushrooms

baked tofu with thai peanut slaw

Black bean quinoa burgers

homemade cannoli

coconut chocolate chip cookies

strawberry cupcakes

Twins Question: What is on your menu? What recipe has caught your eye?

hope you all have a wonderful Easter Holiday! we are busy with moving!!

L & M

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction April 6, 2012 at 5:42 am

Yum! All of these ideas look great :) Happy Easter!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Easter Bunny Doll CookiesMy Profile

Nicole @ Making Good Choices April 6, 2012 at 5:48 am

WANT ALL OF THIS! yum. happy easter ladies! <3
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Drooling over foods for Easter!My Profile

lindsay April 6, 2012 at 5:58 am

seriously, i want to make them all or just have you make them and come over. Your family is soo lucky!
lindsay recently posted..Filler UP FridayMy Profile

Lori and Michelle April 6, 2012 at 7:29 am

Lindsay, we wish we could make this all for our family, but we are spending the weekend away from them. we are moving this weekend ;)

katie @KatieDid April 6, 2012 at 6:08 am

happy Easter! not many plans for the weekend, will just be enjoying the day with friends and making a big dinner all together. Hope you have a delicious holiday, I have no doubt your menu will be great :)
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Zucchini Ribbon ‘Pasta’ in a Lemon Tahini SauceMy Profile

Erica April 6, 2012 at 6:49 am

We are actually going out, but i would go for one of those mini cakes!
Erica recently posted..Oooops….Almond Butter Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Becky at Vintage Mixer April 6, 2012 at 7:23 am

Thanks for including my cannoli recipe! You avocado brownies sound amazing!!

Lori and Michelle April 6, 2012 at 7:28 am

Becky thank you! and we want a cannoli ;)

Melissa April 6, 2012 at 7:42 am

OMG….I just happened to be going through old recipes for a quinoa dish and was going to make your delicious casserole for Easter lunch. It was meant to be! Thank you so much, happy Easter lovely ladies!

Lori and Michelle April 6, 2012 at 8:26 am

Melissa nice ;) yes it is! Have a great Easter

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile April 6, 2012 at 8:10 am

You guys are totally making me want all of this!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Friday FavoritesMy Profile

brandi April 6, 2012 at 8:42 am

i’m not sure what all we’ll make this weekend, but definitely biscuits for breakfast and hopefully our passed down recipe for homemade lemon curd pound cake. yum.

(what runs) Lori April 6, 2012 at 9:28 am

OMG SOOOOO not good to read/drool when hungry!! Wow. Thanks for the link love (and seriously, this tofu is out of control good!). I’m definitely going to have to make a few of these things this weekend.

mmmmmm! Happy Friday!

erin @ yummy supper April 6, 2012 at 9:42 am

Hi Lori and Melissa, Thanks so much for the nice shout-out on my Spinach Galette! Much appreciated:)
Have a great weekend,
Erin
erin @ yummy supper recently posted..SPINACH GALETTE WITH WILD MUSHROOMSMy Profile

Ela April 6, 2012 at 10:58 am

Wow! Some seriously beautiful offerings!

Good luck with your moving. I’m not sure what I’m going to make, probably keep it really simple as I’m super-busy and trying not to get Phil’s ‘flu!

Your kale/sweet potato pie really caught my eye, though, and I am going to make something with lentils and maybe a bean-based cake too!
Ela recently posted..HAWMC–Ekphrasis; Inspiration from Steve Almond, Connecting Joanna, and A RecipeMy Profile

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 6, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Would it be rude for me to invite myself to your Easter dinner? YUM! I hope you both enjoy a beautiful weekend!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Gardening, Baking and Scary Movies…My Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life April 6, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Thanks for the round-up post! It must be near dinner time here because usually sweet recipes catch my eye the most but your wild mushroom galette just had me salivating!
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Double Chocolate Protein MuffinsMy Profile

jessica April 8, 2012 at 5:21 pm

I love the savoury dishes, the buckwheat pancake looks so yummy! We ate these chocolate and carob balls, they are sweet but not too sickly sweet like traditional chocolate recipes. http://livehealthysimply.com/2012/04/what-did-you-do-for-easter/ Happy Easter!!
jessica recently posted..What Did You Do For Easter?My Profile

Alex April 10, 2012 at 5:58 am

The best baked tofu has caught my eye because I have been looking for a good marinated tofu recipe with nutri yeast in it. Ticks all the boxes. Thanx!