almond meal chip cookies

by Lori and Michelle on April 13, 2012

IT IS FRIDAY!! whoop whoop

can you tell we are excited??? well we made some progress with our  bakery and getting the uhaul today. so we will be moving all weekend. we will try to check in. plus our dad is coming…he has no idea what he is getting himself into, haha

thanks for the sweet comments on our arms and abs. and sooooo happy we have inspired so many of you to do more planks! seriously one of the easiest things you can do for your whole body. not only are they great for the body, but good for the mind too! it is very challenging to try to stay put. and for those of you that asked how we do plank, check out our video here holding plank for 2 minutes the first time. now that we go longer, sometimes we move all around (up, down, side to side). we will do another video here shortly.

gluten free almond meal cookies

okay, okay now for the easy recipe we have for you today.

we have been meaning to make almond cookies for some time. it has been awhile since we have made almond chip dough ball cookies.

these almond meal chocolate chip cookies are soft, not to sweet, with a nice texture from the almond meal…. oh just so perfect.

almond grain free chip cookies

as much as we love raw cookies, nothing beats a warm cookie right out of the oven, do you agree?

low in sugar almond cookies

we used whole almonds to make these cookies. you can soak them before had, but you will want to dry them out. we just place 1 cup of whole almonds into a food processor and pulse till crumbly. and then scoop out our desired amount of almond flour.

we kind of liked that these cookies were more dry than moist. a nice change. and we loved the texture that using freshly ground almonds provided these cookies.

grain free chocolate chip cookies

almond healthy cookieeveryone loves cookies right?

check out some other great nut based cookies:

Evan’s almond flour chocolate chip cookies

Ashley’s flourless pb ginger cookies

Heather’s almond tahini cookies (next on our lists to make)

and for our vegan readers – flourless banana almond chocolate chip cookie or you can follow Katie’s recipe like we did.

or maybe you want a raw cookie – Heather’s chocolate chip cookies

we have made a raw pecan soft cookie  and our raw sugar free cookies

and if you do not feel like making cookies, check out our raw, gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, low in sugar dough balls over at Twin Cakes tomorrow is the last day for our 14% sale in honor of us getting our own place! so hurry and get your orders in.

have a wonderful Friday, now go make yourself some cookies.

L & M

Evan Thomas April 13, 2012 at 6:34 am

The cookies look delicious! Thanks for including me in the round-up :-)
Evan Thomas recently posted..Bark, Bark, BarkMy Profile

Shirley @ gfe April 13, 2012 at 6:36 am

Wow, your cookies look fabulous! Thanks for sharing all those photos … now I really want to eat my whole jar of almond butter that I have open on my desk to go with my apple. ;-) Woohoo on getting ready to open, too!! I have not kept up with you guys well enough. :-( Must amend my ways!

Finally, thanks for the link love on my Flourless Banana Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies … they are delish! Last night, I made the original peanut butter version for son for his trip to NYC today. He was happy!

Hugs,
Shirley
Shirley @ gfe recently posted..Flourless Banana Almond (or Peanut) Butter Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle April 13, 2012 at 6:42 am

No worries Shirley, we know you are busy too ;)

Ashley April 13, 2012 at 7:03 am

LOVE the looks of these cookies. I am having so much fun baking with almond meal/flour lately. I’m sure these are amazing.

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile April 13, 2012 at 7:24 am

I really need to get myself some almond and coconut flour. I’ve heard so many great things about both! These look amazing :)
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..My PersonalityMy Profile

Deana April 13, 2012 at 8:12 am

Hmmm, I could be raw except for baked cookies! Ha.

Nicole @ Making Good Choices April 13, 2012 at 8:14 am

yum, you’re right there is nothing like a warm cookie right out of the oven! have fun working hard this weekend! :)
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Tory Burch Foundation Networking EventMy Profile

Anna @ On Anna's Plate April 13, 2012 at 8:49 am

These look great– I need to give almond meal a whirl. I hear such great things about baking with it!
Anna @ On Anna’s Plate recently posted..Got Milk?My Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life April 13, 2012 at 9:32 am

Oh almond flour is so great for adding moisture to recipes that things just taste divine when made with it! I can’t wait to try these out :)

Ela April 13, 2012 at 10:38 am

Good luck with the move! Sweet your dad is coming. I know so many people who are moving right now–what’s in the air?

Delicious sounding recipe–and I love how gracious and accommodating you are of your vegan readers.
Ela recently posted..Gone TOo Far–Can I Turn Things Back Around? HAWMCMy Profile

janetha @ meals & moves April 13, 2012 at 12:32 pm

i am tripping out right now! i made up an almond flour choc chip cookie last night! the ingredients are shockingly similar! i brought them to the office today and everyone is loving them–even those folks who don’t like healthy food, as they say. anyway, just thought this was such a weird coincidence! your cookies look awesome, love you girls!

Lori and Michelle April 13, 2012 at 1:33 pm

haha Janetha, awesome!! great minds think alike ;)

Liz @ iheartvegetables April 13, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Those look amazing!!!! Like a chocolate chip cookie, only WAY better!!! haha
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..What’s in the bag…My Profile

Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com April 13, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I will probably add some coconut flakes to it, hopefully the texture will remain as perfect as it is on the picture!

Lisa April 13, 2012 at 3:32 pm

These look amazing! I love almond and coconut flour, so I know I’d love these :) Have a great friday!
Lisa recently posted..Fitness loves this weekMy Profile

Stephanie April 13, 2012 at 7:17 pm

My ever-extending to-Bake List… and let’s not forget that you guys’ recipes are half of them….LOL <3

Sam @ Fit for My Fork April 14, 2012 at 1:42 am

These look delicious! Thank you for the recipe!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..Primal and Not-so-Primal Pot PiesMy Profile

Lisa April 14, 2012 at 5:44 am

The cookies look great! Thanks for sharing another amazing recipe!
Lisa recently posted..PB Cups with a Cacao Nib LayerMy Profile

Heidi @ Food Doodles April 14, 2012 at 1:17 pm

These look so good! The texture looks perfect. Plus, almond and chocolate = yummy :D These are on my to-try list for sure!
Heidi @ Food Doodles recently posted..Sesame NoodlesMy Profile

Leslie April 14, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Thanks for this amazing recipe!! I made these tonight for a party and everyone loved them. I only wish I’d saved a couple at home for myself :) Also wanted to let you know I subbed a flax egg and it worked perfect! I thought they might be a bit crumbly but they held together great.

Lori and Michelle April 15, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Leslie that is great news! we are so happy to hear this!!! yay

Jessica Nazarali (@JessicaNazarali) April 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Yum! These look amazing!
Jessica Nazarali (@JessicaNazarali) recently posted..Restaurant Review Ms.G’sMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks April 18, 2012 at 8:25 pm

You have me craving cookies now! They look delicious!

Heather Nauta May 31, 2012 at 6:50 am

girls, I’ve made these THREE times in the last 2 weeks… that tells you how much my husband likes them :) I did them with the flax egg, and worked perfectly. The first time I made them, my coconut oil was pretty hard and did NOT want to mix into the batter… so I added a touch of almond milk, and my husband devoured them. He loved the soft texture, because healthy cookies always wind up being pretty chewy… The 2nd time I made them, I melted the coconut oil before adding the rest of the ingredients, and I thought they were perfect but my husband preferred the soft ones. Oh, and the 2nd & 3rd time I made them, I subbed protein powder for part of the coconut flour – I did 1/3 cup each of brown rice protein, coconut flour and almond meal. It was fantastic! My husband thanks you for this recipe ;)
Heather Nauta recently posted..How To Make Healthy Eating Work For YouMy Profile

Lori and Michelle May 31, 2012 at 7:22 am

Awesome Heather!!! So happy to hear this!

andrea July 5, 2012 at 3:26 pm

can you substitute coconut nectar for the coconut sugar?

Lori and Michelle July 7, 2012 at 10:06 am

you can but it will change the final outcome of the cookie as coconut nectar is a liquid sweetener. you might have to adjust your other liquids so the batter not too runny.

Jackie O'Doherty September 8, 2012 at 11:34 am

Thank you for this recipe, it rocks! I had a major snack attack last night, and these hit the spot! I used the ground flax seed with water instead of an egg, and I was out of coconut anything, so I used a splash of almond milk and a little less than 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Absolutely delicious!!! Thanks again!

Rebecca October 19, 2012 at 2:25 am

Love the almond cookies. I made pancakes with:
1/2C almond meal and 1/2C gluten free S/R flour, 2 eggs and 1C milk (soy, almond)
The kids loved them…great way to sneek in some extra protien