our bakery update

by Lori and Michelle on April 11, 2012

well now that Lori has you caught up with her craziness in her house.

I will show you our other craziness… (sorry we did not get this post up yesterday, as we ran into some unexpected issues)

we got our own warehouse for our bakery!!!!

we got the keys Friday!! and the first thing we did was buy our 3 department sink, which is turning out to be our biggest issue with this new place. trying to get it installed is causing major unexpected problems both emotionally and financially.

the sink barely fit in the car, haha

we were hoping to move out of our current place into the new one, but we forgot we had to seal the cement floors. so we spend 2+ hours painting the floors Saturday morning.

proud owners

floor pre-sealed

we made a little video too!

we are beyond excited about this next step for our business. but we admit we are extremely scared too!!

Lori working hard

this is a HUGE step. very scary as it is.. just us. we are hoping with this next step we can start getting help. there is so much we want to do, so over time we hope to keep growing.

Lori and I hope to share more of how we do this all. we hope you do not mind. but we want to show others you can reach your dreams!! we are here to show you!! we are here to help you. trust us.

just about done!

one thing we are looking into doing is raising some more capital so we can really do everything we want and need to do. we came across this – Make your Pitch. and we are thinking about doing it, what do you think? we have a few other things that we are considering to help raise more capital more on that soon!

we really appreciate all the support from you all! it means so much to us. we have so much more we want to share. more post to come about why we picked this place and much more.

we hope you do not mind us sharing this new adventure with you all. let us know if you would like to see and know more about it all or if you rather us not share anything.

Heather @ For the Love of Kale April 11, 2012 at 6:17 am

I wish that I could reach through the screen and give you both huge hugs! I’m so so so happy and proud of you both. You are incredible. Seriously!!! I can’t wait to read more. DEFINITELY enter the New York Times’ “Make Your Pitch.” You have nothing to lose and everything to gain, girls! :-)
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..Dear Younger SelfMy Profile

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile April 11, 2012 at 6:43 am

Yayyy soo happy for you girls!!!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Veg PledgeMy Profile

Heather (Where's the Beach) April 11, 2012 at 6:45 am

I think this is just awesome. Really inspiring!
Heather (Where’s the Beach) recently posted..New Running Gear & Non-Steak SaladMy Profile

Jessie April 11, 2012 at 7:08 am

Kudos to you guys for being courageous and starting something new! I’ve often daydreamed about taking that plunge – seeing you guys actually go ahead with your business is encouraging. I’d love to see/hear more about your bakery as things develop.

At this point you’ve probably already heard of Kickstarter, but on the off chance you haven’t: http://www.kickstarter.com/start.

Best of luck!

katie @KatieDid April 11, 2012 at 7:10 am

i have LOVED reading about this part of your lives- its such an important part and very interesting to follow. I can’t even imagine how much behind the scenes work goes into your bakery, and truthfully I dream of being an entrepreneur some day but the thought is terrifying at the same time!
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Packing and Travel FoodMy Profile

holly April 11, 2012 at 7:12 am

CONGRATULATIONS! This is amazing, and I truly believe the more you dream, the bigger you dream and the harder you work, it all comes in time baby. Yay, yay, yayyyyy!
holly recently posted..Milwaukee TV Time (take one!)My Profile

Tami April 11, 2012 at 7:14 am

I would love to hear/see more! (on both the house and the bakery).

Did you have to do anything special for cleaning the floor or use any kind of special paint for the cement?

For some reason, I was under the impression that finishing off a cement floor was quite an undertaking, but maybe I was misled.

Also, I’ve never heard of “Make Your Pitch” but I’ve seen a ton of people using a site called Kickstarter.

Good luck, good fortune, and most importantly, good sweat and effort and fun!
Tami recently posted..Chin UpMy Profile

Lori and Michelle April 11, 2012 at 8:04 am

Tami we just had to seal it with a non porous paint. it was pretty easy.

Dani April 11, 2012 at 7:23 am

Congratulations! Have you looked into Kickstarter for raising capital? http://www.kickstarter.com/

Good luck!

Stephanie April 11, 2012 at 7:30 am

I really wish you guys good luck in everything!!! Positive affirmations and gratitude in life do indeed bring amazing results. I’m sure you guys are both well aware of this ;)
I can’t wait to see more of the business progress and hopefully one day the products will even be available in Canada, and more people would start to take better care of their health!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty April 11, 2012 at 7:35 am

YAY soooo exciting congrats!!!

katie April 11, 2012 at 7:41 am

Congrats!! I would love to hear more about your adventure! And How to get started with small business, etc

Tamikko April 11, 2012 at 7:45 am

It’s so exciting!!! I hope you got the sink in alright and I can’t wait to see the other things you choose to put in there. You should definitely do ‘Make your Pitch’. Please show us everything! It’s incredibly interesting and so exciting to see you both have your dreams come true. Congrats!!!

Erica April 11, 2012 at 7:47 am

SO fabulous! Love the office/warehouse divide. Hard work…So worth it!
Erica recently posted..SRC: Spaghetti Squash LasagnaMy Profile

the delicate place April 11, 2012 at 7:49 am

i wish i could give you guys a big hug! i am so proud of you! what about kickstarter? that’s a great site for fundraising and i’m sure with your blog promotion you could garner some real interest! i am a HUGE supporter of local and small businesses and i just have a hunch that your treats will thrive! that is one giant sink haha!
the delicate place recently posted..the obliteration roomMy Profile

Danielle April 11, 2012 at 8:26 am

Can’t wait to hear more about your new bakery!

Katie April 11, 2012 at 8:35 am

You girls are just plain amazing! You are great role models and really show how people can do anything they want as long as they put their heart into it and work hard!

I am so excited for you girls and your bakery, I only see amazing things ahead, sure there are going to be bumps but never give up!!

Love you girls!
Katie recently posted..Wednesday LovingMy Profile

Lisa April 11, 2012 at 8:45 am

So happy for you girls! I know that this will lead to great success in your lives! How amazing! I’m excited to hear more about the adventures to come with you! Have a great day!
Lisa recently posted..WIAW #3My Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life April 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

Congratulations! I can’t imagine how amazing it must feel to see your dreams become reality! So excited for you girls, how exhilarating!

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! April 11, 2012 at 9:39 am

This is so exciting! I love hearing the updates :-)
Can’t believe you’re doing this all by yourselves – kudos to you, ladies!
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Lovely WeekendMy Profile

hihorosie April 11, 2012 at 9:50 am

SO EXCITING!! CONGRATS!! And you should totally enter the contest and like another commenter said, there’s Kickstarter too. I’ve donated a couple of times for other bloggers who’ve gone that route. Either way, good luck and I’m so happy for you!
hihorosie recently posted..A feel good videoMy Profile

elise April 11, 2012 at 10:06 am

sorry im late to the scene – ive been reading but only now had the time to comment. HUGE congrats on all the wonderful big steps you guys are making right now. i cant believe youre both moving. the house photos are lovely and the new bakery space sounds awesome. so so happy for you guys. with such major events right before the wedding i bet the honeymoon will be a much needed rest!
elise recently posted..For PopeyeMy Profile

lynn @ the actor's diet April 11, 2012 at 10:25 am

woo hoo!!!
lynn @ the actor’s diet recently posted..Ladies Who NomMy Profile

Nicole @ Making Good Choices April 11, 2012 at 10:29 am

so excited and inspired by you girls! love following your journey. a big congrats!!
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Brown Rice Spaghetti with Chicken Sausage & Fresh SpinachMy Profile

Ela April 11, 2012 at 10:47 am

This is just so awesome! You girls are inspiration every step of the way. I know you’ll find a way to make the rest of your dreams come true. You don’t only set your goals, you put the hard work in too.
Ela recently posted..HAWMC #10–To My Sixteen-Year-Old SelfMy Profile

Deana April 11, 2012 at 11:00 am

I applaud you both for following your dreams! I recently did that, and I know about scared, but I believe in following your heart. You two are inspiring to me, and I would love to hear updates on the biz side of things. This is the time of the sacred feminine, woman power, and inspiring women!!!! I say try either kickstart or make your pitch…

Coco April 11, 2012 at 11:19 am

YAY!! This is so exciting for you both! I wish you lots and lots of success- it will all be worth it!
Coco recently posted..Dog days + Shoulders: a workout + giving out.My Profile

Lauren April 11, 2012 at 11:44 am

SO excited for you both!! Congrats!!!

janetha @ meals & moves April 11, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I think I will have to make a trip out to visit when it is all done :)
janetha @ meals & moves recently posted..twosie tuesday.My Profile

Lori and Michelle April 11, 2012 at 2:18 pm

lindsay April 11, 2012 at 3:34 pm

you are too cute and the bakery is AWESOME!! I will be there one day.
lindsay recently posted..NO FAIL AdventureMy Profile

Lauren April 11, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Congrats!!! So much excitement lately!! Enjoy it all!!
Lauren recently posted..NuNaturals Giveaway!My Profile

carrie April 11, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Amazing news! And couldn’t be happening to two more lovely people!! I look forward to hearing / seeing all the delicious updates!

Lori and Michelle April 11, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Thank you so much Carrie for your support!

Emily April 11, 2012 at 5:37 pm

This is so fabulous!!! I am so happy to hear about this! Please keep posting updates! This is wonderful!!
XOXO

Lori and Michelle April 11, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Thank you Emily!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 11, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Congratulations to the both of you! So exciting! I love that you shared this part of your life. It serves as inspiration to all who are afraid to put themselves out there and dream big. Anything is possible but you won’t know till you try.

I cant wait to see the finished product!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..How to Prep For Headstand in YogaMy Profile

Liz @ iheartvegetables April 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I’m so excited for you ladies!!!! You’re amazing, and it’s so inspiring to see you guys follow your dreams!!!! I hope one day I can come visit :)
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..What I [Balanced] WednesdayMy Profile

Alisa April 11, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Congratulations you two! That is huge. Way to take that big leap toward your dreams!
Alisa recently posted..Heart Healthy Pizza: Over 100 Plant-based Recipes for the Most Nutritious Pizza in the WorldMy Profile

Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run April 11, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Congratulations ladies!!! Can’t wait to see where this takes you!!!
Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run recently posted..On embracing our looks.My Profile

Christine (The Raw Project) April 11, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Congrats, so exciting for you both and can’t wait to hear more!

Alyssa (Down To Earth) April 12, 2012 at 3:11 am

This is incredibly inspiring…you girls should be so, so proud of how far you’ve come. My best wishes to you both. I’d love to learn more about your new bakery journey as it unfolds . . .pease post! :)
Alyssa (Down To Earth) recently posted..Chocolate Cake with Coffee Buttercream FrostingMy Profile

Lisa April 12, 2012 at 4:56 am

Looks like you’re handling all the issues well…and what a great project to be working on, and making such great progress with!
Lisa recently posted..It’s a Super{food} Kind of DayMy Profile

LizAshlee April 12, 2012 at 5:04 am

You ladies are SO inspiring! Thanks for sharing your story and biggest congratulations!! :)
LizAshlee recently posted..Your Story…Chunking it DownMy Profile

HeathersCreativeConcoctions April 12, 2012 at 6:11 am

Wow, congrats! What an amazing opportunity! Sounds like it will be a delicious time!! :)
HeathersCreativeConcoctions recently posted..Amazing Accidental Skinny GuacamoleMy Profile

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) April 12, 2012 at 6:32 am

wow ladies! that is so exciting ! i have no doubt in my mind that you two will be beyond successful !! CONGRATS! and i look forward to reading updates about it so i definitely do NOT mind!
Felicia (Natural + Balanced) recently posted..Wednesday’s WorkoutMy Profile

Dana April 12, 2012 at 6:50 am

Congratulations!! I have been following your blog for a while, your recipes have been such a blessing to me.

I look forward to visiting (if the warehouse will be open to the public) the next time I’m down in NC. From Canada but luckily have a sister who lives in Raleigh :) . So happy to see a business like yours doing well!

Kilee April 12, 2012 at 8:03 am

Congratulations girl! This is huge! Keep reaching towards your dreams and making them happen!!! xo

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance April 12, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I’m a little late but OH MY GOODNESS, CONGRATULATIONS!! You girls have so much to be proud of! You’re really taking a leap of faith with this business of yours and I see nothing but good things coming!

AND YES! I absolutely want to hear more!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Girls Chili NightMy Profile

fartygirl April 15, 2012 at 4:58 am

I AM SO SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU. AND I am so so so proud! You inspire the rest of us to push for our own dreams. Good luck and thanks! <3
fartygirl recently posted..This Pond Water Tastes Like a LatteMy Profile