mountain climbers on equalizer

by Lori and Michelle on May 12, 2012

Glad that everyone enjoyed our mint chocolate chip protein muffin recipe. Some people did ask if it could be kept raw, of course! You do not have to bake it. The reason we baked the muffin was because it makes it a portable snack that we can eat in the car, since we have to commute to work now. Puddings are a little hard to eat while driving ;) Plus sometimes we really want something warm out of the oven!! But you could do the muffin in a dehydrator overnight. Let us know if you try this out, we will have to try it too.

Today we are sharing our weekly workouts. We learned some new moves and a new fitness motivator!

Sunday – Jenn Fit’s May 3rd workout using our equalizer and Gymboss Interval Timer

We found Jenn on facebook and really have been enjoying her site.  She has great workouts that are short, effective, intense, and fun. Just what we look for in a workout. We found a new move through Jenn using our equalizer – doing mountain climbers. Crazy!! It was intense. You cannot do this move fast, it is more slow moving. Similar to doing plank with knee to elbow.

We set our gymboss timer to 21 rounds of 10/50 second intervals. We had to switch around the moves a little as we only have one equalizer at the moment. (michelle still needs to order her pink one!)

Monday – 5 minute plank + ZWOW #16

A great workout!

we love our Gymboss Interval Timer

Tuesday -  5 minute plank + Beach Babe bikini circuit

Wednesday – 5 minute plank +  Amanda Russell’s Hot Body Workout

we set our gymboss timer to 10 rounds of 10/50 second intervals.

Thursday – Beach Babe HIIT workout (we still plan to give a full review of the dvd)

Friday – 5 minute plank + ZWOW #17 wall walks are killer!

Saturday (today) – not sure what we will do as we are currently working at the bakery. We got a really big order that we have been working hard on these past few days. It is a lot of work when there is just two of us, luckily Gary sometimes comes and helps.

Twins Question: What is your workout for today? Any new workout moves you are loving? How is everyone doing on holding plank?

pure2raw twins

AND WE WOULD LIKE TO WISH OUR OLDER SISTER HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! WE LOVE YOU CARRIE!!

GetSkinnyGoVegan May 12, 2012 at 8:17 am

I just love that you guys are best buds & always have each other to encourage healthy habits….so fun!
GetSkinnyGoVegan recently posted..Raw Vegan Portabella and Mushroom Spinach Quiche from "Living Cuisine" by Renee Loux Underkoffler. Music and Madness. Matt & Trey of South Park and Alan Watts.My Profile

Courtney May 12, 2012 at 8:20 am

Thank you for sharing this, ladies! I’m always looking for new workouts, especially since I stopped following BodyRock. I’m so glad you guys shared Jenn-Fit! I took a look at the workout link and it reminds me a lot of Zuzana’s former BR workouts. Boy do I miss those… Don’t get me wrong, I do love the ZWOWs, but they seem to be missing something that I loved about her BR workouts. I can’t put my finger on it, though. Anyway, Jenn-Fit looks great. And not sexed up! Yay! Thanks again!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life May 12, 2012 at 9:11 am

Aw you should share a pic of Carrie – I didn’t know there were more of you!! ;)

Congrats on the big order, even if it does make for a lot of work! I can’t imagine even being able to do those wall climbs – are they easy to execute in terms of skill, not physical exhaustion?

Daniel May 12, 2012 at 9:46 am

Saturdays and Sundays are cardio only days for me to give my muscles a well-deserved rest. I haven’t done wall walks in forever, thoughI typically do them on shoulders day (Tuesday) as a final exercise to really fatigue the muscles. Keep up the great work, Lori and Michelle. I’m so impressed at how you still make fitness an important part of your hectic life despite everything new and exciting going on.

The Delicate Place May 12, 2012 at 10:14 am

dang! you girls are making me tired! ;p tuesday i did 25min yoga, thurs i did 1.5mi HIIT on the treadmill and 5 min ab work, yesterday i did 20min yoga. today i’m totally resting unless i take a short walk for coffee haha. tomorrow zwow #13 i’m behind :) i’m trying to take it easy since my weight keeps dropping for some reason. it’s getting really odd, like i’ve increased cals, reduced activity level and have lost another 1/2 lb in the last 2 weeks. i’m wondering if my thyroid is ok?
The Delicate Place recently posted..washed outMy Profile

Lori and Michelle May 12, 2012 at 2:24 pm

oh no, yes it could be thyroid, have you had it checked out?? we are taking the day off today ;) we worked 9 hours and are exhausted. take it easy girl!! hope you figure it out. let us know if we can help

Carolyn May 12, 2012 at 10:30 am

Hello!! Great ideas for workouts….thank you! Today was a 7 mile run and a hot yoga class….plank is up to 4 min 15 sec…so close!!! And have the perfect dessert for tonight since my brownies arrived yesterday! Yum!!! Have a great day!

Sarah @ Fit Betty May 12, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I ran a 5K this morning! It was good, but a bit chilly. I need to try those wall walks – always looking for new exercises!
Sarah @ Fit Betty recently posted..At-Home Workout RoutineMy Profile

Raechel @ the rebel grrl kitchen May 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm

ZWOW #17 was so intense! Much more so than I thought it would be! And that’s one of my favorite AR workouts. It helps that Ron cracks me up every time. : )

I’ve actually replaced 5 min of plank with doing daily 100 Tummy Tucks. (Got it from the Tone It Up Challenge on Monday. It’s basically doing knee to elbow in plank, as you described above. I can only imagine how tough it would be with an equalizer!)
Raechel @ the rebel grrl kitchen recently posted..“Muffins for Moms”: Apricot Almond Muffins (vegan, gf, refined sugar-free)My Profile

katie @KatieDid May 12, 2012 at 5:55 pm

my workout today was some hill sprints earlier in the morning, and slack lining for about an hour! I finally accomplished walking across the whole thing. Oh and I climbed a few trees :) It was a perfect day of outdoor fun and working out.
And what a good streak of workouts you’ve had. I find when I do a long plank one day my body can’t seem to hold it the same amount of time the next, so I’ve been sort of going back and forth with them. But they are the perfect warmup.
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Multivitamin MeatballsMy Profile

Lisa May 12, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Love your workouts this week! I haven’t tried ZWOW 17 yet! I think I’ll probably do it tomorrow. How was it?! I did do ZWOW #7 today, an oldie, but a goodie. I may not go full out intense, because I have been trying to gain weight and actually lost 5 pounds this month…not good. Guess I need to increase those cals even more. Happy birthday to your sister!
Lisa recently posted..Sweaty SaturdayMy Profile

Susan May 13, 2012 at 1:44 am

Great workouts. I’m presently doing a barefoot workout challenge and only doing workouts that I can do barefoot. I recently bought the Ultimate Yogi set and I’m on day 6 and loving it. In the past I would rarely have done yoga so I’m surprised how much I’m enjoying this new series.

Nicole @ Making Good Choices May 13, 2012 at 5:10 am

happy weekend! thanks for sharing your workouts. I have to check out the new to me ones!
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..FitFluential visits Reebok headquarters!My Profile

Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com May 13, 2012 at 11:37 am

Thanks for sharing such a great work out! I’m doing my yoga, daily. Now i’m involving my tree years old boy in it, and he’s doing just great. I’m one proud mama!
Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com recently posted..1 Minute Microwave BrownieMy Profile

Nonamae Satya May 19, 2012 at 9:56 am

i just discovered you guys…and i had to tell you…i LOVE you two already! :D

thank you for sharing your daily workouts. so many women keep their workouts close to the vest, so i’m always grateful to find women who are putting it out there. ;)

i started looking through your workout section, and i find it *extremely* helpful, in terms of variety, AND seeing how other HIIT workout lovers are switching it up! :) i plan to share my workouts once i get my blog up, but i am so stoked you two are sharing. again, thank you. :)

p.s. – your recipes are A-MA-ZING!!