thank you all for the comments on our post yesterday, we knew it was kinda left wing all of sudden. and from the looks of it, looks like we have caused some confusion. sorry about that. it seems there are some of you that are totally against the 80/10/10, those that are curious about it, and those that are trying it out themselves.
we just want to clarify somethings about our eats lately. we do appreciate those wanting to hear more about this way of eating. and for those that do not really care too much we promise we will share more recipes and fun stuff as well.
we felt as being bloggers, when we get something to review we have an obligation to try it and give an honest review. maybe it is just us. we are those people that truly try something and then give feedback and thoughts about it. we have never done anything near 80-10-10 before so we thought we would try it out to see what it is like. we have heard about the 80/10/10 and thought there is nothing wrong with adding in more fruit to our current diet.
we are at a point in our health that we are comfortable with our bodies and know what our bodies can handle. and we feel when you try something new it can provide you with even more knowledge about yourself! and to us that is important learning tool! we are happy! we are happy with our food choices and our bodies! we never said we were not, the main reason why we still play around with our diet is due to our SKIN!!!! as Lori is still struggling with acne!
we are always intrigued by ‘healthy’ things, and when this book crossed our paths we found it very interesting. just like with most “diet” things we have read, everything sounds promising. everything promises it is the answer to your health concerns.
well if you have been following our blog for some time now, you would know we do not agree with this. there is no one diet out there. there is no perfect answer.
so how are people supposed to get healthier with so many conflicting ways of eating out there? good question…we do not have the answer. sorry we wished we did.
as food/health bloggers we take a risk in getting judged on what we do and share here on the blog. even with knowing that, we wanted to share what we are doing so we could openly discuss it. share it with others.
okay lets get to the questions that you all asked yesterday in regards to us trying out the 80/10/10:
1. why are we doing this? we felt like we had to try it to see how we liked this concept of high fruit low fat. plus we thought now, being the summer time, is a great time to eat more fruit. and we are not the first ones in the world to do this. plus it has been nice for 3 days to eat simple meals, kind of giving our body a little break from other type of foods to digest. and we feel there is nothing wrong with that. and still trying to figure out Lori’s face and hormones. (and for people reading this you do not have to do this diet if you get the book, that is not what we are trying to say, sorry if that is what comes across)
2. how are our bodies handling all this fruit? so far so good. no major bloating or anything unusual. nothing too exciting has changed with our health. though we have only done it for 3 days, all we feel is lighter during the day with a little bit more energy. but again nothing major.
3. how do we feel? so far great! no major complaints besides by the end of the day we are craving our fats and protein. which we normally eat some eggs or something with a dark leafy green to satisfy us. so again not following the 80/10/10 perfectly.
4. do we worry about Candida? not really because we know we are not doing this long term. plus in his book he makes reference to his thoughts with Candida and fruit.
5. has our body weight changed? no we are still the same weight. (though that is not why we did this change in eating, we explain in the video) as we say in the video we are still eating a lot of calories!! THAT IS KEY
6. do we plan to do this long term? no. we just might incorporate more of his idea of more fruit into our everyday lives. we do like feeling light and having energy during the day from the lightness that fruit provides us.
7. are we doing this 80/10/10 100%? no. we do our best to follow his suggestions but we do end up having some of our healthy fats and protein ‘sources’ at night.
8. thoughts on the change in eating so far? it is ok. we can not see ourselves doing this very much longer. though eating this fruit has been nice and we have been enjoying it. we do not think it is for us for long term. we feel it is great especially during the summer time, and feel it is a great way to kinda cleanse yourself with natural fruits and dark leafy greens.
9. do you recommend anyone else trying this out? can not really say. we are no experts nor doctors. we suggest you do your own research and read the book and then make a decision about doing it or not. again speak with a doctor before doing anything! we just like to share what we are doing and if we notice any major health changes for our own personal health issues like energy, gas, constipation, acne and hormone issues we will share. (no major changes or improvements in these departments)
we are getting to the point in our life where we just eat what we feel like. we do not worry to much about anything anymore. there is always going to be something out there telling you something different. you just have to find out what works for you and your lifestyle, knowing that it is ok to change things up from time to time. we also believe it is all about balance. and you have to find what works for you mentally as well. and know that what makes you feel your best might be different then someone else.
we also did a video explaining more about our thoughts and why we are doing this, how often to do go to the store, is this helping with Lori’s acne, and discuss our weight.
hopefully we answered everyone’s thoughts.
thanks as always with sharing your thoughts and concerns with us. we really do appreciate you all so much. we love hearing what others think about things and if they have tried something and to hear their opinions. that is how we learn right. from hearing and talking with others, seeing what works and what does not?
we honestly did not put any expectations on us with these new eats. just trying something new out, which sounds like many of you enjoy doing as well because that is when you feel you learn the most about your body. we agree. if you are really wanting to try this way of eating out, we suggest hooking up with a doctor or nutritionist to help you along the way.
looks like some of you understood why we are eating this way for a few days and looks like many of you got the wrong idea. we are sorry if we caused any confusion. hopefully this cleared some answers. again to clarify we ate this way from getting the book, it intrigued us, we tried it, we learned some things from it and now we move on. we apologize for causing sadness or confusion with you all that was not our point. again we are happy, we promise!
Twins Question: anymore thoughts about the 80/10/10? any more questions for us about it? we are still reading the book and will give a better review of the whole book when we are done with it soon. and for those that do not care about it, what is one thing you plan to get accomplished today?
till next time,
thanks for listening to us. we felt like we needed to clear things up. **update – we will probably be looked down upon changing our diet to just do a review of a book but we thought it would be a good idea but guess we were wrong as many of you mentioned that we gave off the wrong ‘dieting’ image. so sorry about that. that was not what we are trying to do here. and again we tried this new way of eating for a few days to see how our bodies did mostly for energy and Lori’s face, that is really it. it was never about dieting. sorry if it came off that way, we apologize.