weekend highlights

by Lori and Michelle on May 20, 2012

Happy Sunday Friends!

Michelle and I have been enjoying our weekend with our parents along with lots of waffle eating.

We have been working hard each day plus eating and drinking well.

Saturday morning we made more protein chocolate waffles. We pretty much followed our protein muffin for this recipe. Not quite a true waffle texture but it was still good!

Whipped up some frozen bananas for a nice topping for the waffles.

Delicious.

We have been enjoying being wined and dined each night.

We have found a few new restaurants here in Charlotte. The new places we have dined at are Georges Brasserie , City Tavern, and Upstream, everything seriously has been sooooo good. Like I  said we have been eating very well these past few days. We tend to not eat out much but have been impressed with these restaurants.

Each morning we have treated ourselves to Starbucks.

Enjoyed some avocado pudding one afternoon, topped with some local bee pollen (helps with our seasonal allergies).

The new place coming along very nicely!

We are loving our new kitchen!

Last night Gary and I had a friends wedding to attend, so Michelle went out to dinner with the parents. They informed me this morning that they had a good time and their dinner was amazing.

Michelle’s outfit last night. She got a new dress from Anthropologie. Looking good sis.

Michelle’s  drink for the evening.

I got a new necklace from Aldo accessories and love love love it.

At the wedding reception they did a tequila shot as their toast instead of typical champagne. Now that is how to start a wild party, haha

We partied all night long. Gotta love weddings. Makes me wish I could do mine all over again, haha

Twins Question: What have you been doing this weekend? Any new good restaurants? Any one eat anything yummy? What was your highlight of the weekend? Do you like it when your parents come to visit?

Lori

Katie May 20, 2012 at 7:52 am

I so want to do my wedding over again too! I miss it!!

You both looked gorgeous in your outfits this weekend! :)

Glad the bakery is coming along, I wish I could be your taste tester!

Happy Sunday!
Katie recently posted..{Rolling }My Profile

Stephanie May 20, 2012 at 7:55 am

Hi, Lori & Michelle! I was wondering how you guys are feeling after your dietary adjustments from vegan to a little bit of animal consumption. I used to be a big fan of paleo diet (anti grain, pro-meat etc), but have recently watched movies like Forks over Knives and especially the “Primitive Nutrition Series” on youtube. They’re making me shift away. I’d love to know what you guys thought. If you have time, please watch the primitive nutrition series! It taught me so much…

lynn @ the actor's diet May 20, 2012 at 8:26 am

so much fun, deliciousness and pretty dresses!

i’ve been relaxing this weekend after a lot of partying for the film festival. but enjoying good times w friends and family too. oh – catching up on blogs too, finally!

Smaller Sarah May 20, 2012 at 8:43 am

The waffles and the dress look great! Yeah – I love having my parents or in-laws to stay for a few days. They always help us out with some house project or take the kids so my husband and I can get out for a date. As always – love your blog.

Stephanie May 20, 2012 at 9:31 am

The highlight of my weekend was a bike ride through a wetlands park and trying Thai food for the first time. The Thai food was delicious and I think I am now hooked!

Lisa May 20, 2012 at 12:31 pm

You girls are so pretty! Sounds like a fun weekend. I love hanging with the ‘rents because they always indulge with good drinks and food! The kitchen looks great so far, definitely coming well along! That’s super exciting. Have a great Sunday!
Lisa recently posted..Sweat It OutMy Profile

Ela May 20, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Sounds like you’re having a lovely visit! And you newlyweds are good luck for the couple whose wedding it was yesterday.

Love to see the kitchen coming along. How many dehydrators and ovens do you run there? Must get hot sometimes ;)
Ela recently posted..The Difficult, and Small Bites Recipes (The Easy)My Profile

Randi Lynne May 20, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I recently subscribed to your blog – I believe after seeing the kale & sweet potato recipe posted to Tasteologie. This recipe attracted me as I have started the primal diet in February. You guys have a great blog and I have really enjoyed following you and getting recipe/fitness tips. I am very cardio/endurance-minded when it comes to exercising and you have reminded me that holding a 5 minute plank is pretty hardcore and I should really work on my core strength more than I am now. Well, I made these two recipes this weekend (I think they fit into your diet) and they both turned out FABULOUS!

Keep up the good work!

Liz @ iheartvegetables May 20, 2012 at 4:07 pm

You girls are so cute!!! That avocado looks amazing, and I never would have thought to top it with bee pollen, although I DO have some in my fridge :)
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..Salsa for #winnersMy Profile

Lori and Michelle May 20, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Liz we love our bee pollen gives a little burst of energy too

Deirdre May 20, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I am so happy to have found your blog- via Mama Pea (Sarah) from Peas and Thank You…I’m so curious to begin reading posts and find out how you ladies look so fabulous! You glow!
I’ve fallen in love with banana “soft-serve” and had sundaes this Sunday with my kids. They loved it too…so creamy and delicious.
Deirdre recently posted..Photo Friday–You Can Change the WorldMy Profile

Lori and Michelle May 20, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Thanks Deirdre!!! You are so sweet, we are so happy that you discovered our blog as well!!! xoxo

Lisa May 20, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Sounds like a fun filled weekend! I love finding new great restaurants—and spending time with family and friends! Awesome!
Lisa recently posted..Waking Up at 3am…What does it mean and what can you do about it?My Profile

Lori and Michelle May 20, 2012 at 5:53 pm

same here Lisa!

Meagan May 20, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Do you like your vitamix? I’m gonna get one I think :) But I can’t decide which model…
Meagan recently posted..Nourishing Vegetable Egg CasseroleMy Profile

Lori and Michelle May 20, 2012 at 5:53 pm

We love our Vita-mix, we have the 5200 model and love it.

Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well. May 20, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I love going to weddings too because it makes me relive mine! Definitely my favorite day :)

Looks like you had an awesome weekend!
Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well. recently posted..Weekend review in Instagram picsMy Profile

Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl May 20, 2012 at 7:49 pm

You sure know how to serve up some waffles with that banana soft serve. And chocolate waffles at that! Awesome.

How exciting… the new kitchen. Kudos to you, two.
Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl recently posted..What’s Baking this Weekend?My Profile

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy May 20, 2012 at 8:36 pm

frozen banana ice cream on top of waffles is GENIUS!! thanks for the tasty idea!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..GF, Vegan & Body Ecology PAD THAI & CHOCOLATE!!!My Profile

Zia Courtney May 20, 2012 at 10:07 pm

It seems that you are having so much time in your food trip. By the way, you look gorgeous and awesome in your outfit. Love that chocolate waffles!
Zia Courtney recently posted..view siteMy Profile

Janetha May 21, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Oh my gosh I love it all! That dress is sooo cute!!
Janetha recently posted..weekend wrap-up.My Profile