finally waffles + toning up

by Lori and Michelle on May 6, 2012

Happy Sunday!

we had a great day yesterday.  started with some work over at the kitchen then did a quick workout and walk outside! it was so nice to be out enjoying the day. then went and joined some friends for margaritas and yummy Mexican food. you know just joining in the cinco de mayo celebrations, did you?

this morning we woke up craving something warm and hearty. and protein pancakes came to mind!

but decided to use some of Lori and Gary’s wedding gifts…and one happened to be a waffle maker. whoop. whoop.

followed the Tone It Up protein pancakes and just used the waffler maker to make them! they turned out great. although think we might of over cooked them a little.

but we topped them with banana slices and coconut butter.

great way to start our day!

what did you have for breakfast?

our weekly recap of our workouts this past week:

Monday – day off as we were traveling

Tuesday -  6 minute full body workout

Wednesday – 5 minute plank + Tone It Up rush workout (we did 2 rounds as short on time)

Thursday -5 minute plank + Tone It Up bikini bootcamp workout

Friday – 5 minute plank + ZWOW #11 (we are still sore from this workout)

Saturday -  Tone It Up 8 sculpting moves plus 20 minute walk outside

and today we are not sure what we will be doing. we have a few chores to do around the place, plus still moving Lori and Gary into their new house. taking longer than planned as their house is a construction zone.

but hope to enjoy the day before another long week begins tomorrow.

the pure2raw twins

The Delicate Place May 6, 2012 at 7:11 am

i did ZWOW#12 on friday morning and i am so sore still haha. i took yesterday totally off and today i’m just gonna do a gentle walk to cheer on the marathoners + to a fave cafe for a nice chai almond milk latte :)

i haven’t had a waffle since i was in high school! i have only had some coffee so far for breakfast! i made nate a havarti, pastrami & mushroom omelet with some european wholefat plain yogurt and parseley dipping sauce. i think i’m going to make this omelet for myself: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Breakfast/recipe?id=7248123
The Delicate Place recently posted..happy weekend cinco de mayo styleMy Profile

mariel May 6, 2012 at 7:39 am

i want a waffle maker! those look awesomeee! :) you guys should come up with some protein waffle recipes sometime and share with us

Lisa May 6, 2012 at 7:53 am

Waffles sound great—I’ve made protein waffles with all different recipes, and sometimes they’re great (other times they are so rubbery!)…so I will give these a shot!
Lisa recently posted..New Projects and Every Mother Counts CDMy Profile

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) May 6, 2012 at 8:00 am

i love my waffle maker ! great to make ahead of time and freeze for later too. have a good Sunday ladies!

katie @KatieDid May 6, 2012 at 8:22 am

You girls wasted no time getting back into the swing of workouts, great job! Breakfast looks great, I haven’t had waffles in… years? So sad, I need a waffle maker! This morning I had an omelet and a banana and kefir.
katie @KatieDid recently posted..3 Ingredient Tahini PancakesMy Profile

Blog is the New Black May 6, 2012 at 8:45 am

I wish this was my breakfast! I had an egg sandwich!

Christine (The Raw Project) May 6, 2012 at 9:36 am

The waffles look wonderful compared to my hemp protein smoothie this morning, yum!
Christine (The Raw Project) recently posted..Splurging After A Crazy WeekMy Profile

lindsay May 6, 2012 at 10:25 am

oh you girls know how to jump back into productivity.. good workout and good nutrition. I LOVE IT!
lindsay recently posted..FYI FridayMy Profile

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! May 6, 2012 at 1:42 pm

ooh now I wish I had a waffle maker! i may just have to settle for pancakes – I love the simplicity of the recipe. usually I cant be bothered to cook anything in they morning, so my latest breakfast has been either a smoothie, or a bowl of chopped fruit with tahini or nut butter, yogurt and seeds.
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Helsinki: the Food! A Lesson in Healthy BalanceMy Profile

Heathy May 6, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Your waffles are so cute! I’ve been enjoying protein waffles lately too – J and I even had them for dinner last week (thanks for the idea where you had pancakes for dins).
You girls are so inspiring – you never miss a beat and are so motivated no matter what!

Lori and Michelle May 7, 2012 at 4:24 am

Heathy – thanks girl!!

Erica May 6, 2012 at 2:32 pm

We got a waffle maker for our wedding too! Fabulous gift! Glad you had such a yummy breakfast
Erica recently posted..Old SchoolMy Profile

Liz @ iheartvegetables May 6, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Yummm!!! Those waffles look good!!! I love the Tone it Up workouts, now I need to try some of the recipes :)
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..Worth a Dollar (or Two)My Profile

Heather @ For the Love of Kale May 6, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Wasn’t the bikini bootcamp awesome? I was panting – 5 rounds and I was spent!
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..A Good Kombucha & An Epic Dinner DateMy Profile

Lori and Michelle May 7, 2012 at 4:26 am

Heather yes loved the bootcamp workout!!

Maria @wayfaringteacher.com May 6, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I love love your blog! You have inspired me to keep pushing towards a vegan lifestyle. I am in a transition at the moment. Congratulations on the weeding and thank you!
I have started a blog about a healthy traveling lifestyle. Please check it out: wayfaringteacher.com

Lori and Michelle May 7, 2012 at 4:26 am

Thanks maria we will!

Lisa May 6, 2012 at 9:04 pm

ZWOW 11 is a TOUGH one. I loved it! I can’t get over how much better it is for me to do these short intense workouts, and just want to thank you guys, because you are the one’s who introduced me to them! :) Oh wow, those waffles look so good. I wish my waffle maker wasn’t at my parents house right now. I haven’t eaten a waffle in waaay too long.
Lisa recently posted..Fit FridayMy Profile

Coco May 7, 2012 at 5:20 am

Waffles look great- they are best when crispy ;)
Coco recently posted..Biker Boy + Cinco de Mayo + WOsMy Profile

Morgan May 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Delicious. Looking forward to giving these a try!
Morgan recently posted..Liv’s Mother’s Day Candy Bag CardsMy Profile