arms are feeling it

by Lori and Michelle on June 22, 2012

Happy FRIDAY!

Our arms are feeling it today from our ZWOW (zuzana’s workout of the week) workout this morning. We did Zuzana’s most recent weekly workout #23. It was tough. Did 100 burpees! We are feeling great though. We always feel so accomplished when we do a tough workout like this one.

When doing high intensity short workouts we feel strong, just like someone going on a run…that feeling you get when you run faster and feel stronger when your done. That is the same feeling we get with our at-home high-intensity workouts.

vega protein snackWe have been enjoying Vega Performance Protein everyday this week as part of our lunch. Here we mixed in with our avocado pudding.

Working out daily helps keeps us strong physically and mentally. What about you? Does it give you the same feeling?

The previous week we did not do the greatest job in writing down our weekly workouts. We just kinda did whatever we felt like doing that morning, most mornings we just grabbed our Gymboss Interval Timer and created a workout as we went.

This week we did a little bit better with writing down our workouts.

This is where Lori and Gary have been working out each morning, no matter how many boxes get in the way, they still manage to get workouts in!

Monday: We did Amanda Russell busy person workout with Jenna Wolfe  (Amanda put together a really great series for busy people, still have to do her other workouts from this series as they all look great and short! Just what we like) Make sure to check it out.

Tuesday: ZWOW 19 with no plank -  a full body workout with great ab exercises to get your abs ready for the beach.

Wednesday: ZWOW 22 with 5 minute plank. Crazy workout. Just watch and you will see what we mean.

Thursday: Tone it up Sunset Workout with 5 minute plank – a great workout that was perfect to do in between our ZWOW workouts. We loved how they incorporated some yoga moves into this workout, wish we had more time to do this workout every night. These girls inspire us to get more into stretching!

workout out with zuzana light

Friday:  ZWOW 23 with no plank as we knew our arms were going to be dead from all the burpees.  This workout we did with Zuzana, basically we set up our computer (Lori came over this morning and we worked out together) and did  the workout with Zuzana. We do our best to keep up with her and this workout we were able to! We had to pause the video just once to catch up with her.

post zwow 23

Saturday: we plan on doing this She’s Got Legs workout from Jenn Fit. Looks like a killer leg workout, which we are excited about as we are trying to work our legs more.

Sunday: rest day

wearing nike free shoes to workoutWe have been doing much better with keeping up with our stretching. Now in order for us to do it, we have to set our Gymboss Interval Timer and set the timer to intervals of 30 seconds and do it for about 5 minutes. We are trying to get back into our yoga intervals. For whatever reason we are better at keeping up with it when we use our timer, maybe it is just that we feel it is ‘apart’ of our workout. But anyways it has been working. We have been doing our cool down! We are so proud of ourselves. We know stretching is so important.

Lori and Michelle

PS- I got my wedding  photos via email from my photographer so Michelle and I took a break yesterday to take a look at them

I am very pleased with the photos. Now just have to sort them all out and figure out which ones I want printed.  And to answer your question – “Am I going to share the photos on the blog?” – answer is YES. I do plan on sharing them, hopefully by next week I can do it. I will keep you all in the loop.

and P.S.S. – we are offering a 20% off sale over at Twin Cakes Bakery – coupon code: NEWPRODUCTS

lindsay June 22, 2012 at 8:40 am

i’m gonna do that workout today!

katie @KatieDid June 22, 2012 at 8:44 am

awesome week of working out! need to do a zwow again soon, miss those. and can’t wait to see some of the photos :)
katie @KatieDid recently posted..New Fats on the BlockMy Profile

Melissa June 22, 2012 at 8:55 am

I SO appreciate your site! I found it when my newborn son was diagnosed with a dairy allergy and I needed to made adjustments to our diet. Now, at 16 months, he and I have both been diagnosed with gluten allergy. . . so again, your site is my lifeline! Thank you so much!
I’ve linked from my site to here and probably will in coming week repeatedly. :)
Melissa recently posted..Week BreakMy Profile

Anna Crouch June 22, 2012 at 9:01 am

WOW! Thank you for linking to all those workouts. I have been feeling SO bored and purposeless with my workouts, I needed something new. I think these resources will do just that! I’m actually excited to do them….I haven’t felt that way in awhile! Thanks!

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 22, 2012 at 9:23 am

how exciting that you got your photos back! I love that feeling — its like Christmas:) haha can’t wait to see them! And there’s nothing like a good workout among towers of boxes! have a great weekend!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..Broccoli, Basil & Avocado Quinoa Pilaf! & Sweden!My Profile

Liz @ IHeartVegetables June 22, 2012 at 9:58 am

Oh my gosh 100 burpees is crazy! Maybe I’ll make that my new goal (I loved the 5min plank challenge!)

I also feel like my workouts need a bit of a refresh, so I think I’ll check out those videos! Thanks for sharing!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..Bottom’s Up!My Profile

Heather @ For the Love of Kale June 22, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Yay! A new fitness recap. I love these so much, ladies. You always inspire me to try new workouts and push my body! Thanks to you, I am an ARfit and ZWOW convert. Basically, I owe you my life. ;-)

Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 22, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I don’t spend enough time stretching after working out – I’ve always neglected it. I really should do more! Getting through all those ZWOWs is pretty awesome! I intend to do some more of them over the summer (and more stretching would be a good idea too, because Zuzana’s workouts leave me sore!).
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..High Five for Friday – June 22My Profile

Courtney June 22, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Kudos to the both of you if you kept up with the video. I didn’t even try. I did ZWOW #23 in 27:22. There’s no way I could have kept pace with Zuzana! I tried her approach of three breaths between 10 reps of burpees and gave that up after 20 in round one. :)

ZWOW #22 was just as hard, I think. I did that one on Wednesday. The minute burpees really did me in, and I think I sacrificed form a few times just to be done with it!

Thanks for sharing the other workouts! I almost always pull one of the workouts from your posts when I don’t have something planned.

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance June 23, 2012 at 2:53 am

Cooling down is one of those things that I really have to remind myself to do as well. Sometimes I just want to sprint into the shower after my workout is complete!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Blogging Policy & Protein OatsMy Profile

Nicole @ Making Good Choices June 23, 2012 at 4:39 am

I MISS ZWOW workouts…. I can’t wait to get back to them! Great workouts this week girls. And can’t wait to see wedding photos!
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Fitness Friday: Running While Pregnant!My Profile

JennyO June 25, 2012 at 7:15 am

Thanks for the Amanda Reminder… I did her Hot Body workout today those Sumo Squat Claps kill me, great recap and reminder to stretch!
JennyO recently posted..Summer Fitness Challenge: Week 2My Profile

janetha [meals & moves] June 25, 2012 at 12:11 pm

ack, so many good workouts! I love it!
janetha [meals & moves] recently posted..girls’ road trip.My Profile

Leslie June 26, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Hi there, just wondering if the coupon code you posted is still valid? I am trying to order from your bakery and can’t get the code to work. Thanks!! Leslie

Lori and Michelle June 26, 2012 at 4:16 pm

It is not active anymore, we will be running another sale soon, just keep up to date with us for the next one!