coffee talk with a friend

by Lori and Michelle on June 25, 2012

Happy Monday luvs!

As we mentioned the other day, we had a full day of getting pampered and taking a true day to just relax. We really did NO work. It was weird at first, but we did really enjoy ourselves…enjoyed doing nothing. We feel it is good to have days like that from time to time to really recharge and start fresh. Don’t you agree?

We captured a few pictures that highlighted our weekend:

Rock Barn Golf and Spa was beautiful…a little pricey, but you can see why. The facility was amazing and the staff was great. Truly a great place to go and relax with friends.

A delicious bloody mary! Enough said.

What we looked like after our massages. haha pretty sleepy and relaxed looking

Once showered and got cleaned up we had some time to kill before dinner.

So we did some shopping at Barnes and Noble. It was so fun to see bloggers books in the store! Maybe one day we will have one too…

Joy the baker

Mama Pea

Kristen’s Raw newest book Raw Awakening

Lori wearing her favorite anthropologie dress

We just love cookbooks. We have a large selection of them.  In addition to cookbooks we picked up some new inspirational books, remember how we mentioned we start most mornings reading our daily devotions by Joyce Meyer. We picked up a new one of hers plus Crazy Love book.

Enjoyed some Perfect Fit Protein. —> just got more in the mail, our stock is refilled :)

Besides getting a day of fun and relaxation at the spa… our main highlight of the weekend was meeting up with Sarena for some coffee!

We were so excited to meet Sarena as we have been blog friends for a long time! It was wonderful to finally meet her in person, she is just sweet as ever! We talked about everything from food, to workouts (we all love our interval workouts!), to health, jobs, life…and the food business as she is interested in it.  Sarena is a certified personal trainer and think she might have convinced us to get our certifications! Thanks girl for the great coffee talk, we cannot wait to do it again.

Twins Question: What was the highlight of your weekend? Are you  a blood mary fan? What time of your massage do you like to get?

Michelle likes intense ones as she got the sports massage, and Lori goes the more gentle route with a Swedish massage.

L and M

Michelle @ Esculent Dreams June 25, 2012 at 8:16 am

What an amazing weekend! I love Crazy Love/Francis Chan haha~ hope you both enjoy! ;)

Nicole @ Making Good Choices June 25, 2012 at 8:44 am

I’m so jealous of your spa day! That is so fun. And I love that you met Sarena, no surprise she is just as sweet in person!
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..So You Want to Start Your Own Business: My Blissful Journey from the StartMy Profile

Lauren June 25, 2012 at 8:50 am

I definitely prefer a more intense massage! For some reason I thought Swedish=intense, but evidently not! I’ve read a couple of Joyce Meyer books and have found them very enjoyable. I love watching her show, as she has a very direct way about her mixed with dry humor.

Gillian June 25, 2012 at 8:51 am

You both look gorgeous! I love that Anthropologie dress!
Gillian recently posted..Feeling FrenchMy Profile

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance June 25, 2012 at 8:56 am

GAH!! I LOVE Joyce Meyer! Right now I’m reading a book of hers called The Confident Woman (AMAZING!) and also Crazy Love! Francis Chan is another extremely gifted communicator!

You girls have very good taste in reading material :D
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Wedding, WorkoutMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 25, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Brittany we looked at the book from her as well, maybe that will be our next one to get!

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) June 25, 2012 at 9:14 am

yay for your spa day and meet up! the highlight of my weekend was kennywood + sunshine! i managed to find 30mins to lay in the sun and it was amazing! it always seems like the sun goes away to hide on the weekends here which is my only time to take advantage of it! M-F i am basking under the flouro lights in the lab ;p LOVE bloody mary’s! the saltier the better!
The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) recently posted..that day i went raw veganMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 25, 2012 at 12:26 pm

yay for getting in the sun some :) always enjoy that time when we get to do it as well!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 25, 2012 at 9:17 am

The highlight for me was definitely meeting up with you two lovely ladies! Thank you for the great coffee date! I can’t wait for the next time!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Workout Wednesday!My Profile

Lori and Michelle June 25, 2012 at 12:26 pm

thank you for meeting with us!!! yes already looking forward to our next date :)

Lauren June 25, 2012 at 9:26 am

What a fun weekend! Love the pics!
Lauren recently posted..Happy Filled WeekendMy Profile

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 25, 2012 at 9:34 am

oh your spa day sounds so lovely! i loveeee getting a massage — i love your post-massage photos! i always feel like i’m melting into the table and am so relaxed and calm afterwards. My voice also changes too! It sounds like i just woke up from a long nap! hahaha

Lori and Michelle June 25, 2012 at 12:25 pm

haha us too!

lindsay June 25, 2012 at 10:24 am

Love Joyce meyer, love SARENA, and love YOU!

Lori and Michelle June 25, 2012 at 12:25 pm

xoxoxo

Ellie@Fit for the Soul June 25, 2012 at 10:48 am

Omgnesss I love Crazy Love and the smal groups at our church are doing the devotions with them! And Joyce Meyer has some great insights as well. I am very delighted and encouraged to know that you girls are looking for growth! So, I’m guessing that you’re loves of Jesus? :D Hey, we can’t always just assume you know! Have a beautiful day! ps: I bet if I ever went to a spa I’d fall flat asleep.

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 25, 2012 at 12:08 pm

What a fun weekend! A weekend that includes the spa is always big for me :) . I am the same as Michelle – all about deep tissue!
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Loaded Protein Granola BarsMy Profile

Sarah June 25, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Thanks for the love! You’ll have to let me know how Joyce’s new book is…you know I adore her.
Sarah recently posted..Quick and Healthy Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 25, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Will do Sarah!

Paige @ Running Around Normal June 25, 2012 at 4:35 pm

What a beautiful weekend! That pool is gorgeous :)
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Workout Playlist for June 2012My Profile

Casey Lorraine June 25, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Cutest post ever gals! Love it and you are both so beautiful and radiant. Glad you had a great pampering day! :)
Casey Lorraine recently posted..My 8 Secrets To Natural High EnergyMy Profile

Cara June 25, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I have to agree, Sarena is a total sweetie! Glad you got to hang out!
Cara recently posted..Lebanese-Style Stuffed ArtichokesMy Profile

Lisa June 25, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Glad you girls enjoyed your relaxing weekend! You deserve it. I would love to be getting a massage right about now, goodness knows I need one.
Lisa recently posted..Marvelous MondayMy Profile

TeriLyn [a foodie stays fit] June 26, 2012 at 3:40 am

I’ve always wanted to visit that spa! I’ve heard great things. I LOVE spa days – last fall I spent a day at the Grove Park Inn Spa; only crap, incredible! I got a facial last week too and it was wonderful! I never regret the money I spent on personal care services!

Lori and Michelle June 26, 2012 at 7:30 am

Teri you would love this place! Maybe we can plan a trip there ;) Hope you had a great time at the beach!

chris June 26, 2012 at 8:48 am

Looks like you girls had an amazing time!

By the way has anyone ever heard of or tried Purity Bread by Julian Bakery? It’s vegan, gluten free, and uses sprouted flour (no yeast either). Wondering the “validity” of it :)
Check it out at http://www.julianbakery.com/bread-product/purity-bread/

hihorosie June 26, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Oooh, how lovely! Looks like a wonderful time. Relaxing too! I’m a fan of both types of massages. I had a Thai massage from a friend that was pretty intense at times but after I felt so good!
hihorosie recently posted..Thoughtful ThursdayMy Profile