cookies-n-cream chia seed pudding

by michelle on June 26, 2012

healthy chia seed pudding recipe

Lori and I have been slowly getting back into playing in the kitchen. We have so many recipes we want to share, just takes time to plan it out, take pictures, edit pictures, and write up the post. So we thank you all for still sticking around through all the craziness here from moving, remodeling, etc.

We did a lot of work around Lori’s new house yesterday that around 4 or so in the afternoon we had  a craving for something cool and refreshing. It has been hot here, so baking did not seem appealing.

cookies n cream chia seed pudding

Chia pudding to the rescue!

kefir chia seed pudding with coconut oil

You all know we love our chia seeds.

Other great cookies you could use in this recipe are:

unbaked chocolate cake

valentine heart cookie sandwich

no bake pecan cookies

no bake chocolate chip cookies

chocolate fudge balls

protein brownies

carob cookies

cashew brownie cookie

man, do we love our cookie-like desserts or what? haha

chia seed coconut pudding

I probably could have found a few more recipes to throw in there but decide that was enough ;)

I just kept finding some old recipes that I forgot about. Lori and I need to find a better way to organize our recipes, and we apologize we never finished our recipe page. The best way to find our recipes is use the tabs in our sidebar on the right – one called baked recipes and the other one is called raw food recipes. Or use the search bottom to help you find what you are looking for.

Many of you have asked us will our recipes still be available when we start the new blog. And to answer that is yes!! Pure2raw will still be here, so you can still access our recipes. We do plan on transferring some of them over to our new blog too, just need to decided on which ones we want to carry over.

I have been working hard on designing our new site, it is almost finished! Lori keeps nagging me to finish it so we can start blogging daily over there. My goal is sometime this week to finish it!

Twins Questions: Do you like cookies-n-cream? Have your ever tried coconut kefir before? If so, did you like it? Do you like kefir or yogurt better?

Lori likes ‘cookie dough’ better then cookies-n-cream, I would have to agree. But we can never turn down anything chocolate based! And we enjoy both kefir and yogurt equally.

Michelle

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 26, 2012 at 9:32 am

I prefer cookie dough to cookies and cream, but I do like cookies and cream. I haven’t tried kefir yet. I was tempted with the coconut kefir, but never made the plunge and I can only get it at certain stores here that are not really close. I need to give it a try though. I know it’s great for digestion! Looks great ladies!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Workout Wednesday!My Profile

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 26, 2012 at 9:34 am

This looks soo delicious! I have yet to try chia pudding.
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Weekend ScenesMy Profile

kris June 26, 2012 at 9:41 am

mmm looks delish!

katie @KatieDid June 26, 2012 at 9:50 am

I guess I didn’t know you were starting a whole new blog?! And this pudding really does sound incredible. I was addicted to making doughy smoothies with oats for a while, and chopped unsweetened chocolate for a crunch. I don’t eat oats though anymore and have been trying to think of a substitute. Must try this out!
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Some ChangesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 26, 2012 at 11:16 am

Yes Katie a new blog, it was time for a change :)

Heidi @ Food Doodles June 26, 2012 at 9:53 am

I can’t get enough of chia seed pudding lately. I LOVE the cookies and cream idea! So delicious!
Heidi @ Food Doodles recently posted..Pineapple and Coconut Cream Chia Seed PuddingMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 26, 2012 at 11:19 am

gotta love chia puddings ;)

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 26, 2012 at 10:02 am

Ooh you guys this looks phenomenal! This is a TRULY healthified treat – some amazing superfoods in here!

Lori and Michelle June 26, 2012 at 11:19 am

thanks Anna!

Lauren June 26, 2012 at 10:09 am

This looks great! Thanks for including the other recipes. I made your coconut lemon bars the other day, and they were the cats PJs! I don’t think I would have found the link if another blogger hadn’t included it on her site though, so I’m excited for you to have an updated recipe list!
Lauren recently posted..Vegan Gluten-free Fig Newton ClonesMy Profile

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free June 26, 2012 at 10:09 am

YUM!!! Love this, and love chia puddings!!!
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Day 7: National Chocolate Pudding DayMy Profile

Ali June 26, 2012 at 11:07 am

Yum! So creative and delicious ;) .
Ali recently posted..Cabbage Soba Noodle SaladMy Profile

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 26, 2012 at 12:45 pm

that sounds delicious! same here — anything chocolate and i’m in! i’m really excited about your new blog! can’t wait:)
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..Hasselback Red Potatoes & Breaking News!My Profile

Lori and Michelle June 26, 2012 at 4:15 pm

thanks Caralyn we are excited too

Taylor June 26, 2012 at 1:52 pm

This is such a good idea! Mine is sitting in the fridge now waiting for me :) I didn’t have any coconut milk kefir and wanted to make this so I just used 1/2 cup greek yogurt and 1/2 cup almond milk. I used your protein thin mints as the cookies too :) Wish I had some twin cakes cookies! Thanks

Lori and Michelle June 26, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Oh using thin mints as cookies is a great idea, yum!

Lea June 26, 2012 at 2:54 pm

This looks soooo delicious! This recipe reminds me that it’s been far too long since I’ve had chia seeds, I need to pick some up soon!

I’ve never tried coconut kefir, but I’ve been wanting to, it looks tasty.
Lea recently posted..LiveFit Trainer Week 4 RecapMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 26, 2012 at 4:16 pm

We love our coconut kefir.

Heathy June 26, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Mmm chia pudding is the best and with crumbled cookies – even better!!!
Never tried coconut kefir but would love to. Need to get to the city to buy some!
Heathy recently posted..Sights of Summer and Sweet SpoonfulsMy Profile

Sarah June 26, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Yum! I love chia puddings. I love cookies. I love things I love coming in pairs (hint: that’s you!).
Sarah recently posted..Quick and Healthy Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Heather @ For the Love of Kale June 26, 2012 at 5:51 pm

ummmm drool CITY.

Brittany @ Eating Bird Food June 26, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I LOVE chia seed pudding and this recipe looks amazing. Thanks for sharing your lovely recipes and beautiful photos! xoxo
Brittany @ Eating Bird Food recently posted..Snickety Snack Saturday – Eat Clean Backpack KissesMy Profile

hihorosie June 26, 2012 at 8:55 pm

mmm! Looks good! I love chia seeds too. :)
hihorosie recently posted..Thoughtful ThursdayMy Profile

Lisa June 26, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I need this in my life right now, this looks so good! I’ve just started loving chia pudding, so you posted this at a perfect time :)
Lisa recently posted..Challenging FearsMy Profile

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 27, 2012 at 4:20 am

This sounds amazing right now, but I have no coconut kefir or chia seeds. Sadness. Must buy ingredients soon. Thanks girls! :)
Heather Eats Almond Butter recently posted..Checking InMy Profile

raechel @the rebel grrl kitchen June 27, 2012 at 7:00 am

This looks sooo delicious! I haven’t tried coconut kefir yet, but this has totally inspired me to buy some! Another brilliant recipe, thanks ladies! : )

shannonmarie (rawdorable) June 27, 2012 at 7:05 am

Yum! I know I’ll be eating this soon :-)

Erin July 7, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I JUST made coconut kefir yesterday but with the granule-y starter.. I was so excited but it smells funny and is very tangy.. It looks fine so I’m not really sure if I did anything wrong. I’ve never had kefir before so is it supposed to be really tangy? I went ahead and made the pudding with it anyways. To be honest, the smell/taste makes me a little nauseous.

Lori and Michelle July 8, 2012 at 6:39 am

Erin, kefir is a sour, somewhat tangy taste. As it is “fermented”, most fermented things have a strong taste and smell to them.

chia seeds July 20, 2012 at 11:23 pm

nice………………

Gluten Free Traveller September 10, 2012 at 10:11 pm

This looks absolutely fantastic. I’ll need to find some gluten free cookies and try this out! :)