curly sweet potato fries veggie wrap

by Lori and Michelle on June 11, 2012

veggie lettuce wraps

A lot of our recipes come in mind when we are driving in the car to work. One day Lori wanted to make sweet potato fries using our spiralizer to make curly fries. We have never done it before, so we wanted to give it a shot.

lettuce sweet potato wrap

We love using our spiralizer for making raw zucchini pasta dishes. We have used it to spiralize other veggies like carrots, parsnips, cucumber, etc., but never sweet potatoes. To our surprise is was pretty easy to do…a great arm workout, haha

By having the veggies cut in different ways really makes them taste different. Do you notice that? Certain way a veggie is cut makes it taste different, even though it is the same veggie!?!

sweet potato wraps

This veggie filled sweet potato fries wrap was just want we needed -

• quick and easy meal
  • healthy and balanced dish
  • colorful and vibrant

Some of our fries got a little burnt, but overall felt they came out pretty good!

As the fries cooled, we grabbed some romaine leaves, carrots, tahini, hemp seeds, and sauerkraut.

We made up a batch of our  3 ingredient dressing (one of our favs!)

Any dark leafy green would work instead of romaine like collards or swiss chard.

We find  romaine to taste perfect this time of year. It is light and refreshing! Anyone else agree?

These curly sweet potato fries wraps are the perfect summer time meal.

Twins Question: What is your favorite quick summer time meal? or snack? Have you ever made sweet potato curly fries?

Lori and Michelle

Stacie Mayer June 11, 2012 at 7:54 am

These looks delicious. I think I’m going to have to hunt down a spiralizer.

Heather @ For the Love of Kale June 11, 2012 at 7:59 am

These look AMAZING! I’m literally borderline drooling. You knowwwwww I’d gobble those up! putting sauerkraut in there is such a great idea too!
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..Four YearsMy Profile

Kristina June 11, 2012 at 8:01 am

THIS is one of my favorite summer eats – lettuce wraps! as it gets warmer, like everyone else I gravitate toward more fresh veggies and fruit in every meal… and lettuce wraps are always big with me!

these look vibrant and delicious – and very pretty! I love the idea of spiralizing for ‘fries’!
Kristina recently posted..thoughts and thingsMy Profile

Gabby @ Gabby's Gluten-Free June 11, 2012 at 8:04 am

These look great! I really need to get a spiralizer since I love doing thinly sliced veggies and zucchini “pasta” – for now, I just ask my chef husband to do the fine chopping or have him teach me :)

katie @KatieDid June 11, 2012 at 8:18 am

I’ve never used a spiralizer, but it looks like a fun way to prepare veggies and potatoes. I’ve used a veggie peeler, maybe that would also work on potatoes, I’ll have to give it a try, this looks really delicious and right up my alley.
katie @KatieDid recently posted..A Day of Eating for PerformanceMy Profile

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 11, 2012 at 8:23 am

okay…WOW!!! those look so incredibly delicious!! the texture of those fries look magnificent! i definitely am going to make these! thanks for sharing!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..Cool Cucumber Avocado Lime Salad!My Profile

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free June 11, 2012 at 8:32 am

I love this!!! Reminds me of Arby’s fries…sort of…haha….

elise June 11, 2012 at 8:44 am

im not sure my spiralizer could handle a sweet potato! hmmm…looks good though. i have the same one as you guys, so did it take long or was it hard to do?

Angela June 11, 2012 at 8:48 am

What a great idea! Used to love Arby’s curly fries when I was a kid, this would be a much healthier alternative! Now I just need a spiralizer!
Angela recently posted..Lazy SundayMy Profile

Smoothies & MOORE June 11, 2012 at 8:48 am

This look delicious! ….

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed June 11, 2012 at 9:16 am

I’m not going to lie, my favorite summertime snack is wine smoothies.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Paleish PearsMy Profile

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean June 11, 2012 at 9:27 am

holy yum. and omg do i need a spiralizer or what?! yes!!!
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Spicy Feta DipMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 11, 2012 at 9:38 am

Elise it can handle it!!! it does require more effort than zucchini, just takes a little more patience to turn the handle!!

Lori and Michelle June 11, 2012 at 9:38 am

haha yep

Lori and Michelle June 11, 2012 at 9:39 am

Lindsay yes you do!

Lauren June 11, 2012 at 10:12 am

Holy yum, what a delicious idea! Looks so good!
Lauren recently posted..Beginning of the Weekend and Raw Italian Cracker RecipeMy Profile

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 11, 2012 at 10:37 am

Omg, yum!!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Marvelous Round TwoMy Profile

Leti June 11, 2012 at 10:59 am

I just made this for lunch, and it was delicious! I didn’t have the ingredient on hand for the dressing, so I subbed in some hummus. Thank you for the wonderful lunch inspiration.

Lori and Michelle June 11, 2012 at 11:30 am

Leti awesome!! hummus is a great option!!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 11, 2012 at 11:32 am

Ok, I was on the fence about getting a spiralizer, but not anymore! I HAVE to get one! This looks perfect and I know the boys will love it!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Anniversary Mushiness…My Profile

Lisa June 11, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Oh my goodness! Now I need to get myself a spiralizer! This looks so amazing!! I literally want to make this right now! I guess I need to get shopping for a new kitchen appliance :) I totally agree that veggies taste different when they are cut in different ways. It is a little weird I guess

Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 11, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Looks delicious – I really want to get a spiralizer, I never would have thought to use it on a sweet potato though!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..A Visit to Burwash ManorMy Profile

Liz @ Southern Charm June 11, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Oh! These look amazing!! HAVE to give this a try!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..Friday ObsessionsMy Profile

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution June 11, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I want a spiralizer so bad! These look awesome. And yes, I agree the romaine lettuce rocks. I even love iceburg just for the crunch.

Lori and Michelle June 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm

thanks Liz

Lori and Michelle June 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Taylor you will love a spiralizer if you get one, truly the best way to jazz up vegetables.

Brittany @ Britt's Blurbs June 11, 2012 at 2:46 pm

OMG-YUM! Never would have thought to make sweet potato curly fries. Now I have to get a spiralizer! These look delicious!

Matt @ FaveGlutenFreeRecipes June 11, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Looks delicious! The farmer’s markets by me have been overflowing with all sorts of fresh greens, and this recipe looks like a great way to utilize that produce.

Sarah Greenman June 11, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I love my spiralizer and will certainly be trying this out!!!
Sarah Greenman recently posted..New Goals and Weigh In – Week 53My Profile

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! June 11, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Omigod – sweet potato curly fries?! You ladies are genius! This reminds me of these crispy onion strings my family used to get at restaurants (but I can’t really eat onions) – I can’t wait to make these :-)
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Farewell, Sweden – Hello USA!My Profile

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance June 11, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Oh wow, what a GREAT idea girls! I don’t have a spiralizer myself, but if I ever did happen to get my hands on one I have a feeling that this recipe would go down in an instant ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Back To BowlingMy Profile

Nicole @ Making Good Choices June 11, 2012 at 5:03 pm

making these tomorrow!! i never use my spiralizer for anything creative. need to work on that!
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Monday Enjoyment: Eggplant DipMy Profile

Liz @ iheartvegetables June 11, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Those look amazing!!! Oh my gosh. I LOVE sweet potatoes!!!
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..The 80-20 WeekendMy Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 11, 2012 at 5:30 pm

You don’t have to convince me twice when it comes to sweet potato! Loveeeee sweet potato fries especially – and something about lettuce wraps just get me, I think it’s the crunch. Love ‘em!
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Blueberry Protein Muffins…and the New NuNaturals Giveaway winners!My Profile

Lea June 11, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Those look really delicious! I love anything and everything sweet potato!
I’ll have to hunt down a cheap spiralizer, it seems like a lot of fun. Spiral food is much more exciting!
Lea recently posted..LiveFit Trainer Week 2My Profile

Adri @ FoodieBeFit June 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Oh! Those sweet potato fries! And baked! Will have to get me one of those spiralizer soon!
Adri @ FoodieBeFit recently posted..Cucumber Mint Tabouleh {Recipe}My Profile

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings June 11, 2012 at 6:59 pm

These look awesome! I love curly fries and I just had sweet potato wedges for dinner. I unfortunately don’t have a spiralizer but maybe one day! This wraps looks so delicious and refreshing!
Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings recently posted..Move It Monday + Sun and SandMy Profile

Katherine @ Green Thickies June 12, 2012 at 4:23 am

Wow, these look gorgeous! I totally forgot I had a spiralizer after I came off my 100% raw food diet. I used to love curly fries so these look perfect. I love kitchen gadgets!
Katherine @ Green Thickies recently posted..The Ultimate Green Smoothie Guide Part 1: General Guide to Green Smoothies (Q&As)My Profile

LizAshlee June 12, 2012 at 6:56 am

I am LOVING wraps right now..I haven’t used sweet potato in them yet though! Love 3 ingredient recipes!
LizAshlee recently posted..Amanda Russel’s Energizer ChallengeMy Profile

bitt June 12, 2012 at 10:11 am

We did make the sweet potato part of it. My spirlizer makes it a bit thinner but it still worked. A few were burned but most were crispy. Great idea!

Ana June 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm

These is such an awesome idea, I love it, going to buy sweet potatoes to make it asap!
I have the same spiralizer you guys do and I love it too, it is sooo cool! Zucchini noodles is one of my favorite things (but I love raw zucchini in every single way too!)
Thanks for sharing, this is brilliant!
Ana

Lori and Michelle June 12, 2012 at 1:13 pm

yay so happy to hear you liked them!

Lauren June 12, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. these were AMAZING!!! I made them tonight and instead of the tahini sauce, I used left over almond ginger sauce. It was SOOOOO good!! thanks so much for the recipe!! :)

lynn @ the actor's diet June 12, 2012 at 6:20 pm

i can taste the CRUNCH!
lynn @ the actor’s diet recently posted..Breakaway DancingMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 12, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Lauren awesome!!! glad you liked it

Heathy June 12, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Best idea ever!!!! I have to try this!!
Heathy recently posted..Bringing Summer Inside – Tarts and ParfaitsMy Profile

Laury@TheFitnessDish June 13, 2012 at 11:46 am

I read all of your posts on my phones reader and forget to come back and comment…I am seriously coveting this recipe! I need to make ASAP!!! I’ve done spiralized sweet potates before, but LOVE your wrap idea! And your spices! Amazing!

Rene June 14, 2012 at 3:27 pm

These definitely look Delicious! thank you so much for the recipe, i will be making these very soon.

Sidney Xtensen January 5, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Do you happen to know the nutrition facts for these? That would be awesomeeeee.

Lorraine Cheney June 15, 2014 at 12:55 am

I have only just heard about spiralisers, I’m linking my blog back to here on my recommended recipes – yummy.