recipe inspirations

by Lori and Michelle on June 7, 2012

We have been so busy with work that we have not had much time being creative in the kitchen.

So today we thought we would share with you some recipes that we cannot wait to make…love how you can find any type of recipe on the internet these days. There are so many great resources to get inspiration. So many talented individuals out there making amazing creations!!

Janetha’s Protein blueberry lemon scones

mmm, love starting the day with a protein packed meal.

Gena’s Lemon cornmeal blueberry pancakes

Love pancakes!

Holly’s Avocado tahini dressing

We love cheezy avocado dressings

Emily’s Vegetable Quinoa Salad with miso dressing

Love making quinoa casseroles.

Jessica’s Sweet potato quinoa cakes with blackberry salsa

Don’t these look amazing?

Love using sweet potatoes in burger recipes.

Laury’s Sweet potato white bean burger

Okay, so we love sweet potatoes.

Heather’s Chocolate Mint Cake

You know we are huge chocolate mint girls!

Sarah’s Carrot Cake

mmmm, we love carrot cake! even carrot cake sandwiches

Ela’s Avocado Pie

Avocados are the best whipped and creamy like ice cream.

Twins Question: What recipes have inspired you lately? Any ingredient you would like to see recipes made out of? What is your one go to ingredient you love to base recipes around?

till next time (hopefully with a recipe),

pure2raw twins

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 7, 2012 at 9:15 am

I WANT that sweet potato white bean burger! Haha.

Lately I have not been inspired so much by recipes as by people posting restaurant reviews and what they ate when they went out. I do it on my own time too but I love hearing about menu items because I just want to recreate them at home in a healthy way. It’s like ‘stealing’ the chef’s creativity and then healthifying it for my own purposes. It leads to discovering many more flavour combos and interesting ideas I wouldn’t have had myself!

Alicia @ Treble Tart June 7, 2012 at 9:28 am

My mouth is watering just looking at all these pictures! Especially that avocado pie… yum!!
Alicia @ Treble Tart recently posted..What I Love Wednesdays + A GIVEAWAY!My Profile

Lori and Michelle June 7, 2012 at 10:38 am

same here :)

Kristina June 7, 2012 at 10:36 am

all of these look awesome, and some I had not seen before so thank you! :)

lately I am building recipes around fresh fruits, grilling pineapple like crazy! we love summer around here, grilling almost every day.
Kristina recently posted..veggie power stackMy Profile

Olena June 7, 2012 at 10:46 am

Hey,
The link to the sweet potato quinoa cakes is not working!!!!!HELP!!

Lori and Michelle June 7, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Olena sorry about that, I updated it, but here is the link http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/05/sweet-potato-quinoa-cakes-with-blackberry-salsa/

Liz @ IHeartVegetables June 7, 2012 at 11:37 am

Ok this just like DOUBLED my list of things to try!!! :)

Thanks for sharing all these! I can’t wait to check out some new blogs!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..What I [was inspired to eat] WednesdayMy Profile

Laury@TheFitnessDish June 7, 2012 at 11:53 am

Thank you so much for including me! What a pleasant surprise!!!! All of these look amazing! I made a few avocado pies for my brothers engagement party, and they were a hit! Heathers cake looks incredible too!
Laury@TheFitnessDish recently posted..Nursing Beyond InfancyMy Profile

Lisa June 7, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I really want to try Laury’s white bean sweet potato burgers as well! And Janetha’s protein scones! They both look amazing. I’ve been saving so many recipe lately, and haven’t even started making one yet…oopsy. Looks like this weekend I’ll need to!
Lisa recently posted..Thursday ThingsMy Profile

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 7, 2012 at 12:31 pm

wow! what a great round up of recipes! they look SO delicious! the carrot cake, chocolate cake, and quinoa sweet potato burgers really caught my eye! thanks for sharing!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..Snap Pea Curry! GF, V, BED!My Profile

katie @KatieDid June 7, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I don’t always have a go to ingredient but I get on rolls with certain ingredients for a while. Right now I’m into avocados and popsicles though and my latest recipe reflect that!

Lori and Michelle June 7, 2012 at 2:38 pm

katie we are the same, we get obsessed with something for awhile then move onto something else :)

Jess June 7, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Oh my goodness how have I not seen your carrot cake socca recipe before!!! Love all of your socca variations. Can’t wait to make a carrot cake sandwich :-)

Sarah June 7, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Thanks for the love! I definitely need to try that socca!

janetha June 8, 2012 at 9:37 am

Awe thanks for including me! These all look fabulous. You girls always inspire me with your healthy recipes and workouts and ABS
janetha recently posted..guest post: how to know if your trainer is going to suck.My Profile

Lori and Michelle June 8, 2012 at 10:10 am

xoxox

Heathy June 8, 2012 at 9:51 am

Thanks so much for including me girls! Wow, so many delicious looking things to make here! Where to start?! :D
Heathy recently posted..Cumblicious DessertsMy Profile

Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 8, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Yum, these all look delicious! I have so many recipes bookmarked, I just don’t have enough time to make them all (nor could I make them all because I would eat them all too!). I’m going to try out some of your carob recipes soon. I bought a tin of it in Crete and have only used it once in a smoothie. If you have any more carob recipes up your sleeve, I’d love to see them! I’m really unfamiliar with it, having never used it before, so I’m a bit hesitant with it still.
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..Spinalonga and Victoria Hislop’s ‘The Island’My Profile