avocado cauliflower socca pizza

by michelle on June 15, 2012

simple socca pizza recipe

Last night I was over at Lori’s new place helping with moving furniture around, organizing, cleaning, and working on our new blog.

From all that work I started to have a craving for pizza. —> not sure why, just did

Lori mentioned she had some garbanzo bean flour and buckwheat groats that we could use, which we followed this buckwheat socca recipe as the crust just omitted the carob flour (did not think carob would mix well in a savory pizza).

It has been a long time since we have made socca, and looks like we still got the touch ;)

dinner

As it came out perfect!

As our socca pizza crust cooled, we decided to make our creamy cauliflower as our base sauce. Then finished off the pizza with a little arugula, sliced zucchini and our favorite creamy avocado sauce.

baking gluten free pizza crustPerfectly baked socca pizza crust. We used a combo of garbanzo bean flour and buckwheat groats as we wanted a neutral, simple flavor gluten-free crust!

As the socca crust baked, we made our homemade cauliflower sauce and creamy avocado sauce. Or you can use any sauce of your liking.

creamy avocado sauce

Top your socca pizza crust with your toppings and sauce, and enjoy!

In under a hour you have yourself a super easy, healthy dinner that is full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats.

Dinner is served. Promise you will enjoy this simple version of our beloved gluten-free flatbread.

We love our avocados! We used our creamy avocado sauce as additional topping.  YUM!

simple gluten free vegan pizza

Guess you can say we had ‘green’ on our minds, as this dinner had no other color but green. Adding in some red tomatoes would have been a nice visual appeal. Maybe next time.

Now I know this pizza is not like a typical pizza, but that is ok. I really did not miss the cheese as the two sauces were a perfect touch in my opinion. My pizza craving has been satisfied! Sometimes you just have to be a little creative in the kitchen to make something amazing even if it is a little different.

Twins Question: Do you like making homemade sauces? Any favorites sauces you would like to share?

Lori and I love making homemade sauces as they usually can be whipped up in minutes.

Michelle

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 15, 2012 at 10:58 am

oh that looks so delicious! i love the avocado sauce! i’m crazy for avocados too:) haha i’ve gotta try this recipe! thanks! have a great weekend!

Lori and Michelle June 15, 2012 at 1:07 pm

thank you Caralyn, hope you enjoy it!

mariel June 15, 2012 at 11:28 am

yum! this looks great guys! :) xo
mariel recently posted..Oreo cookie sandwichMy Profile

Nikki FYC June 15, 2012 at 11:45 am

Ok, it’s time. Time for me to try some socca! I’ve been drooling over your socca creations for too long and I have the ingredients… So, it’s socca pizza for dinner tonight. Thanks for reminding me :)

Looks fresh and delicious. I like making my own sauces too.

Also, I like the new blog name and look :)
Nikki FYC recently posted..Tasty Quinoa Nori Rolls!My Profile

Lori and Michelle June 15, 2012 at 1:07 pm

yes try it and let us know what you think!

Lisa June 15, 2012 at 12:30 pm

This looks amazing! I am drooling at the avocado sauce. I have got to make this asap!
Lisa recently posted..Friday FitnessMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 15, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Lisa yes the best avocado sauce!

Stephanie June 15, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I love the crust recipe!!! Vegan & gluten free? I’m in!
Do you think it would also work as pie crust if I baked it in pie pan?
Oh, and if it’s okay, can I request a vegan soy free quiche recipe one day? Cuz I know you guys’ recipes never fail ;)
Thanks!

Lori and Michelle June 15, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Stephanie you can try it in a pie crust, but the batter is runny so it would form a pie shape.

Daniel June 15, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I don’t experiment too often with sauces or creams but my latest bizarre concoction was pumpkin puree, hazelnuts, plain greek yogurt with a few strawberries and an avocado blended in the Vitamix. It comes out like a custard and actually tasted surprisingly good on the pumpkin socca you made! I also use that “custard” with protein powder to make a very unconventional yet yummy shake.

katie @KatieDid June 15, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Looks divine, especially the avocado topping right now. Gorgeous evening pictures too.
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Coconut Milk Banana SplitMy Profile

Ana June 15, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Love it, looks delicious and I also love both socca and avocados, what a great pizza!
Ana

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 15, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Socca!!! I almost made some tonight, but was a good girl and ate leftovers to clean out the fridge. Now I regret my decision!!! This looks amazing!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookie Dough BitesMy Profile

Heather @Gluten-Free Cat June 15, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Yummmm! And I love your new blog face! Purely Perfect for you!!

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! June 15, 2012 at 8:13 pm

This looks so amazing – like it should be served at a restaurant! I want to reach through the screen and eat this pizza :-)
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Fun Things FridayMy Profile

Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 16, 2012 at 2:18 am

Yum! I’ll have to try out this crust sometime – it looks like it holds together really well and you can actually eat it like a real pizza!

Have a great weekend!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..A “Challenging” Contest from SlimKicker – Win a digital food scale!My Profile