honeymoon highlights

by Lori and Michelle on June 4, 2012

Hello luvs!

I am back! Gary and I had a wonderful honeymoon down in sunny Florida. Moving a little slow this morning. Thank goodness for a little coffee to fix that.

Gary and I ate very well while we were vacationing on our honeymoon.

I sure missed my Vita-Mix! My green smoothies were a little chunky. Not the best.

We grilled a lot.

The grill master himself.

We enjoyed our morning workouts.  Did our planks most days too!  I brought my nike frees to workout in and forgot how much I loved those shoes. I do need a new pair though as these ones are a few years old.

Gary wanted to try doing wall push-ups.

Went for a few bike rides.

My butt still hurts.

Went looking for gators —> finally saw some on our last day.

Enjoyed plenty of good drinks.

Enjoyed many meals out.

Went to the tourist favorite – The Bubble Room

Played some serious shuffle board.

Played with my niece in the pool.

We are still enjoying the newlywed life.

Going to miss the beach life.

Watched Winne the Pooh before nap time.

Parents took us out to dinner at the lovely South Seas resort.

Such a beautiful resort.

Enjoyed many sunsets.

These views will be missed.

I want to go back.

Lori

ps: excited to see the house and see how our remodeling is going to share more updates.

katie @KatieDid June 4, 2012 at 7:27 am

Such gorgeous pictures and looks like an incredible week! Love that you shared it with family too :) Hope getting back into reality isn’t too tough on this monday!
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Plumped up Kale GuacamoleMy Profile

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 4, 2012 at 7:50 am

Looks like a magical week! Good luck getting back into the groove of things this week. It is so hard getting demotivated after a week like that!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..I Love A Big Muffin Top!My Profile

Joy June 4, 2012 at 7:50 am

The picture of the two of you in front of the sunset is amazing

Lisa June 4, 2012 at 8:00 am

Welcome back! So glad you had a great trip—awesome pics to document it!
Lisa recently posted..Fit Body StyleMy Profile

Heather @ For the Love of Kale June 4, 2012 at 9:09 am

All of your pictures are breathtaking! So happy you had fun. :-) I love how your honeymoon included family! That is so special.
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..Coventry Farmers MarketMy Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 4, 2012 at 9:33 am

Gorgeous shots! Whereabouts in FL were you? Being from Cayman we would often head to FL as it was only an hour’s flight away (and believe it or not, we don’t want to vacation on other islands when we live on one!) so we have kinda been all over FL during my childhood, though not very far north. It looks like you had a fabulous time!
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Vegan Malai Kofta (Indian curry with dumplings)My Profile

Lori and Michelle June 4, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Thanks Anna!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 4, 2012 at 9:34 am

Lol never mind – I just saw you were on Sanibel Island because apparently I can’t read properly! Still gorgeous pics :)

Lauren June 4, 2012 at 9:35 am

Looks like a wonderful time! You two make a beautiful and very fit!! Couple! :)
Lauren recently posted..Kicking it Up, Gerson StyleMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 4, 2012 at 1:17 pm

awe thanks Lauren, :)

Heathy June 4, 2012 at 9:42 am

Great to hear about your honeymoon Lori. I love the pics! You guys look so happy :)
Heathy recently posted..Quinoa, Canoeing, and CrackersMy Profile

Lauren June 4, 2012 at 9:56 am

Beautiful pictures! Your abs look great! I need to do more planks….
Lauren recently posted..Raw Ice Cream Ore-O Cookie Sandwiches and Homemade Almond MilkMy Profile

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 4, 2012 at 10:00 am

wow it looks like a fabulous trip! i’m so happy for the two of you:) thanks for sharing your wonderful pics!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..Smashed Red Potatoes! GF, Vegan & BED!My Profile

Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 4, 2012 at 11:13 am

Lovely pictures – looks like a fantastic honeymoon!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..A Gluten-Free Diamond Jubilee Part 1My Profile

Liz @ IHeartVegetables June 4, 2012 at 11:35 am

Oh my gosh! It looks like you guys had an amazing time! (And also a very healthy honeymoon! haha) Also, I love that grey off the shoulder shirt! You look so adorable!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..Garlic Lentil SoupMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 4, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Thanks Liz, haha pretty healthy we did enjoy lots of desserts and drinks :)

Janetha June 4, 2012 at 11:43 am

Ah! Love the post! Perfection :)
Janetha recently posted..birthday bashing & dirty dashing.My Profile

Kristina June 4, 2012 at 11:46 am

welcome home, love birds!
Kristina recently posted..strawberry habanero margaritasMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 4, 2012 at 3:08 pm

thank you!

the delicate place June 4, 2012 at 12:00 pm

wow you were so active! i just sipped cocktails and laid around on my honeymoon. we went on a cruise :P nate doesn’t exercise at all so i didn’t want to miss out spending time with him! ahhh i am so scared of gators! i went out on a boat ride in SC near my parents house and spotted one super close! nearly peed myself! your produce looks so good! looks like a much needed relaxing time before heading back to the bakery after all the wedding madness! x
the delicate place recently posted..catching up vs commes des garconsMy Profile

Doris @vanillacocoberry June 4, 2012 at 12:45 pm

your abs are envious!!!

love the pics..looks like a pretty awesome honeymoon with lots of good eats and quality time as a newly wedded bridal pair :D aaaaaaah! all the best from Austriaaa
Doris @vanillacocoberry recently posted..Intuitive EatingMy Profile

Doris @vanillacocoberry June 4, 2012 at 12:47 pm

*i meant “enviable”
Doris @vanillacocoberry recently posted..Intuitive EatingMy Profile

glidingcalm June 4, 2012 at 1:50 pm

gorgeous pictures!! looks like a wonderful and memorable vacation!! congrats!

Jafe C June 4, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Wow, what a great post :) love the amazing pictures, and looking forward to making some of your summery, cold recipes soon, like the avocado ice cream :P
Jafe C recently posted..Confessions and a New Outlook….My Profile

Jessica LeBoeuf June 4, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Great to hear you had a fabulous time! That’s so awesome that you found someone who loves to workout with you as well, that’s hard to find. You both look so happy and into each other – awwww!! Hopefully you won’t have to miss beach time for too long as it’s summer time – my only motivation through winter!!

Sarah @RunningChickago.com June 4, 2012 at 5:06 pm

beautiful pictures! congratulations! :)

Ana June 4, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Gorgeous, so many beautiful pictures! Looks like you two had a great time, what an lovely honeymoon you had!
Love the gray off the shoulder shirt too, so pretty!
Ana

Coco June 4, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Looks like you have a wonderful and relaxing time!

Allison brown June 4, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Wow the pics are awesome! I’ve been following your blog for a few months now and it’s the craziest coincidence that u took your honeymoon in sanibel! I recognized it right away- I go there every year and it’s where my parents were married- right at the same resort!! Best wishes for you both:)

Meghanne June 4, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Ah, beautiful Sanibel! My parents live in Ft. Myers and it’s such a beautiful escape from the winter cold and spring chill up here. Looks like fun!

lindsay June 4, 2012 at 8:14 pm

you two need to model, for reals! love it!!! and love that niece pics!
lindsay recently posted..Enjoy the ViewMy Profile

Lauren June 4, 2012 at 8:33 pm

looks amazing!

and I also had to be thinking… “damn girl! look at those abs!” lol
So glad you had a safe and wonderful honeymoon.
Lauren recently posted..Beets for Better Health and Beautiful SkinMy Profile

Lisa June 4, 2012 at 8:44 pm

You guys look like you had a ton of fun!! So beautiful there! Congratulations again! Such an exciting time in your life!
Lisa recently posted..Pumpkin coconut bars and teaMy Profile

Benedikte Capion June 4, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Oh I love all of these pics! Love the mood :)
Benedikte Capion recently posted..INGEN SOMMER UDEN JORDBÆRMy Profile

Gillian June 5, 2012 at 3:04 am

You are one fit couple!! Love all of the photos -looks like the perfect honeymoon!
Gillian recently posted..Fit JuneMy Profile

Alyssa (Down To Earth) June 5, 2012 at 4:05 am

My parents took my sister and I to Sanibel Island when we were kids for a vacation. It is such a peaceful and beautiful place…perfect for a honeymoon.
Congrats and best wishes moving forward in your life as a pair!
Alyssa (Down To Earth) recently posted..Southern Tier Back BurnerMy Profile

LizAshlee June 5, 2012 at 6:58 am

So glad you enjoyed…beautiful scenery..thanks for sharing the pics!!
LizAshlee recently posted..Everyone Starts SomewhereMy Profile

Alisa June 5, 2012 at 8:15 am

Aw what fun! Congratulations you two :)
Alisa recently posted..The Delicious Dairy-Free Ice Cream Bars That Consumer Reports MissedMy Profile

Lolita @ Peace, Love and Greens June 6, 2012 at 5:36 am

Gorgeous pictures of a gorgeous couple. It looks like you had an amazing honeymoon which you totally deserve! x
Lolita @ Peace, Love and Greens recently posted..Raw Food Giveaway!My Profile