how to get a sore body

by Lori and Michelle on June 3, 2012

do a totally new workout routine

remember I how mentioned I was looking for a new routine to try out? well I found it through my facebook feed

I owe my sore calves to this bikini blaster workout

I did this workout on Wednesday, and seriously it was hard for me to walk the next day.

But when you day starts with coffee and raw gluten free vegan biscotti, you are fueled and ready to go!

Thursday I looked for a quick workout. I did one of my favorite Tone It up workouts – Bikini Bootcamp

I set my Gymboss Interval Timer to 12 rounds of 10/30 seconds.

Then Friday rolled around and I was still sore!!

Lori texted me saying she was going to do Zuzana’s new workout, ZWOW 20. And of course I was like I will to0…and I tried to beat Lori and Gary’s time!!

And I did! I was dead after the workout. I really killed my legs, especially since I stand for hours at the bakery.

When I woke up Saturday I was even more sore that I was so happy to take the day off!

I love feeling sore after a workout though. It means I really challenged by body. I really pushed myself out of my comfort zone. Why is this important? Because this is when you see change.  People always ask us (Lori and I) what we do for our workouts. Well every week we share our workouts, sometimes it is once a week, and when we are better we share it more often. But everything we share about our workouts we do!! But please remember the types of workouts we do are not for everyone. You have to find what workout, what fitness instructor pushes you. And remember there is difference from being sore from working out and being hurt. So be careful, and know your limits.

There are a ton of ways to challenge the body. Need inspiration? Look to our fellow FitFluential peeps as they push us!

And before each of my workouts I pushed through my 5 minutes of planks! They have been really hard for me this week.

Well in other news Lori gets back tonight!!! Yep, the twins will be together again. We have so much to share with you guys…changes to come. Get excited.

Also, anyone like running? anyone like Princess things? Well over at Raw Threads they are having a 20% sale off, check it out.  They are the perfect for yourself or for a friend!!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Michelle

katie @KatieDid June 3, 2012 at 6:30 am

Awesome job with keeping up the workout intensity. I too have been sore most of this week since being back at crossfit. It’s the first time I’ve been 4 times in a week and lets just say today is a much needed rest day. Have a great sunday!
katie @KatieDid recently posted..My {not so} Average EatsMy Profile

Heather @ For the Love of Kale June 3, 2012 at 6:40 am

Girl! I SO agree with you. My legs are jelly today, too – after teaching back-to-back barre classes, I think my quads and glutes are gonna fall off. ;-) But it’s good! I’m so excited to try the new ZWOW tomorrow AM. This post got me so pumped about it. Can’t wait to hear more about your journey!
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..Bill Clinton Supports NY Soda BanMy Profile

Taylor June 3, 2012 at 6:56 am

That was a great ZWOW…just finished it! Hope I’m feeling sore tomorrow :) Thanks for sharing!

GetSkinnyGoVegan June 3, 2012 at 6:59 am

Oh the working out is great. But the Biscotti is better!

The Delicate Place June 3, 2012 at 7:05 am

oh this looks like quite the booty burn! i’ve never done a blogilates workout before but i’ll give it a try! i took a 3 week windsor pilates class in college. it was 5 nights a week from 6-9 and we learned about it and then had an hour long class. i was relieved when it was over haha…that’s when i discovered that i needed to boost my core strength!
The Delicate Place recently posted..catching up vs commes des garconsMy Profile

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 3, 2012 at 8:30 am

I love being sore the next day! I’m crazy that way. I want to know I worked out well and that I have a good sore feeling the next day! Thanks for the workout idea. I’m totally doing this one tomorrow!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..I Love A Big Muffin Top!My Profile

Lisa June 3, 2012 at 8:43 am

Looks like a great week of workouts! I’m pretty darn sore right now too….but I’m not taking today off because I am going on vacay on Wed (so I want to get in as much as I can before then!).

Great job beating Lori and Gary!
Lisa recently posted..Yoga and {fake} Rest DaysMy Profile

Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 3, 2012 at 8:43 am

I did the first leg day of Jamie Eason’s LiveFit trainer four days ago and my legs are still sore. FOUR DAYS LATER! I like being a bit sore too, because I know it means I am working hard. :)
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..An Afternoon at Milton Country ParkMy Profile

Heathy June 3, 2012 at 8:58 am

I’m gonna try the bikini blaster! Looks awesome. Zusanas workouts are always fab – Ive been slack want to start doing them again. Love your yoga mat! Happy Sunday
Heathy recently posted..Romantic Dinner For TwoMy Profile

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 3, 2012 at 10:04 am

wow! sounds like a great workout! and that biscotti….yummers! i definitely like being sore after a workout — it reminds me of the hard work from the day before! thanks for sharing!! :)
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..Almond Tortillas! Grain & Gluten Free!My Profile

Caitlyn @ With a Hint of Honey June 3, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Hey girlie!

I absolutely loved this post! And, completely agree. My favorite fitness gurus via the web are Zuzana and the ToneItUp girls – though, lately I’ve been mostly doing ZWOW work outs. I just can’t get enough of them! I absolutely can’t. I am still trying to get my head wrapped around the shortness of them (being that I used to work out 60 minutes + a day).

What is your all-time FAVORITE work out from Zuzana? This could be either from her ZWOWs, or even her BodyRock work outs?

Stay sweet,
Caitlyn

Lisa June 3, 2012 at 7:28 pm

You are doing great for keeping up the intensity of your workouts! I’ve noticed I will only get max results when I push my body to the max, how surprising, huh? ;) I still haven’t tried Zuzana’s new one, but I think that will be my next workout! I definitely love the feeling of being sore the next day, because then you know you had an awesome workout the day before and that you’re making progress!
Lisa recently posted..May FavouritesMy Profile

Liz @ iheartvegetables June 3, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I seriously need to get one of those interval timers. I usually just use the stopwatch on my iphone but it’s not really as handy. Plus, it’s usually strapped to my arm… which makes it really awkward to try to see where I’m at. Hahaha

I need to try that workout for my calves!
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..The Protein Powder AdvantageMy Profile

Morri June 4, 2012 at 4:22 am

You go girl(s)! I didn’t realize I had been plateauing for months until I took up yoga along with my rock climbing (and pushing myself to do harder problems) until the soreness came. It was a breath of fresh air to feel every part of my body and its reaction to a real workout.

And doing it with others keeps you moving forward.

Hugs,
Morri

Jennifer June 4, 2012 at 4:38 am

Looks awesome. Zusanas workouts are always fab – Ive been slack want to start doing them again. Thanks for letting me stopped by.
Jennifer recently posted..Alternatives to Fiverr.comMy Profile

Gillian June 4, 2012 at 6:30 am

I’ve got to try some of these workouts – I’ll be lucky if I can make it through at all!! :)

Jenna June 4, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Hi Michelle!

Those workouts are all so great! I agree that I like to be sore after a workout, but I have found that I need to be careful. After 4 days of INTENSE workouts (like the ones above), I find my body needs a day of rest to recover :)

Cassey has some great workouts and they are SUPER effective! Try her bikini blaster 3 (ABS). Its all plank work! She also is very bubbly and has a fun attitude, so I really like her workouts. And Zuzanna’s are AMAZING as well! With all these new and great workout videos, I no longer need to turn to Bodyrock to look for new workouts….;)

Keep up the great work! LOVE LOVE LOVE all your recipes with protein powder and coconut flour!

Rene@gold coast personal trainers June 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm

These tips are totally true. Having a workout partner helps a lot, sometimes I’m at the gym without my friend, and I just don’t feel like doing nothing, the reason is that we challenge each other, I don’t know what is it, but there is something about accomplishing goals with a friend that feels amazing, we are both in great shape, and we keep motivated on those days that even putting the gym clothing seems hard.