National Donut Day

by michelle on June 1, 2012

So I was just going about my usual morning routine, and then I got a text from the sis.

TODAY IS NATIONAL DONUT DAY!!

What would be a better way to start your day than with a donut party!

Ya, this pretty much turned my morning around.

Yes I love donuts. Yes this gets me all excited.

Sadly I have no recipe today. Lori and I actually have a few new donut recipes we have been working on, hopefully we can make them final so we can share them. You guys are going to love them.

In the mean time we hope you enjoy our other donut recipes (which we need to update our recipe page)

Pecan Pumpkin Donuts

Mini Vanilla Donuts

Coconut Lime Donuts

Glazed Cake Donuts

Savory Avocado Donut

Persimmon Tahini Donut

Chocolate Mint Cake Donuts

Pumpkin Donuts with pumpkin butter

Chocolate Raspberry Donuts

Mini Cardamom Donuts

Mini Chocolate Donuts with tahini frosting

Beet Donut

Raw Donut Holes

Now who wants to come over and make some donuts with me??

Hope you have a fabulous Friday!

Michelle

Liz @ IHeartVegetables June 1, 2012 at 7:45 am

Haha I literally JUST ate a doughnut hole (celebrating a coworkers birthday) and I had no idea it was a national holiday!!! hehe Your doughnuts look waaaaay better though, of COURSE!

Happy Friday!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..The Protein Powder AdvantageMy Profile

Kristina June 1, 2012 at 8:32 am

I do, I do!! can I pick the flavor too? I still want to try those pecan pumpkin doughnuts…

EVERYTHING here looks awesome. Happy Friday! XO
Kristina recently posted..Thai deviled eggsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 1, 2012 at 8:56 am

Yes you can pick the flavor ;)

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 1, 2012 at 8:47 am

I for sure want some of these donuts! They all look delicious!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Friday ThingsMy Profile

Hussein June 1, 2012 at 9:44 am

Happy doughnut day! Nice doughnuts!
Hussein recently posted..Compile Ganglia 3.3.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 to be an sFlow ConnectorMy Profile

Lisa June 1, 2012 at 10:08 am

I’d love to make donuts with you! I’ll take one of each in those pics :-)
Whoever invented donut day deserves an award!

Lori and Michelle June 1, 2012 at 10:48 am

lisa yes they do!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free June 1, 2012 at 10:23 am

Happy Donut Day, girls! Can I hire you as a personal-donut maker?
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Kombucha Part IV: Flavors and CarbonationMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 1, 2012 at 10:48 am

Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 1, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Macaroon day and donut day all in one week? AWESOME! All your donuts look incredible. I’d take one of those over something at Krispy Kreme any day!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..Happy Belated Macaroon Day!My Profile

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 1, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I do, I do!!! I need a donut! You two should change the bakery into a donut shop!!!

Have a great weekend ladies!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..I Love A Big Muffin Top!My Profile

Heather @ For the Love of Kale June 1, 2012 at 1:23 pm

MULTIPLE FOODGASMS.
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..NOOCH Vegan Market Needs Our Help!My Profile

Jessica LeBoeuf June 1, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Yes please I would love that!!!!! You and Lori make everything food look so enticing. You girls are truly gifted in many ways.

Now onto making some of those donuts…hehe

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 1, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I did NOT know it was National Donut Day (it’s my sister’s birthday so I think I am all preoccupied with that lol!). I’m not a big fan of donuts unless they’re baked (they taste too greasy fried), but hey, I can take a baked one any day! Love these recipes girls!

Heathy June 1, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Umm yesss please! Donut heaven. I’d love to come over and make donuts with you! :) Im gonna have to make some again soon. Yummm. Have a great weekend girlies!
Heathy recently posted..Romantic Dinner For TwoMy Profile

Shelon June 2, 2012 at 1:53 am

Oh my God, these donuts look sooo delicious already. It must be heaven when you actually get to eat them. I’m a donut lover too and it has always been my comfort food. Whenever I feel lonely or sad, I eat donuts and it never fails to make me feel better :)

Happy Donut Day!
Shelon recently posted..Birmingham City and its AirportMy Profile

Natalie @ Fresh Life Findings June 2, 2012 at 5:51 am

Im bummed I missed out on donut day! I want to try your pecan pumpkin donuts- I love everything pumpkin!
Natalie @ Fresh Life Findings recently posted..Sundress Workout + Cinnamon Coconut Granola RecipeMy Profile

Lauren June 2, 2012 at 8:38 am

That beet donut looks incredible! Like red velvet cake!
Lauren recently posted..Meatballs For The BoysMy Profile

Christine (The Raw Project) June 2, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Such incredible donut inspiration here, yum! I’m ready for dessert now. :-)
Christine (The Raw Project) recently posted..Sprouts and PizzaMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks June 3, 2012 at 11:59 am

Every single one of them looks better than the next!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..No-Bake Rolo and Caramel Cheesecake ParfaitsMy Profile

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) June 3, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Do the beet ones taste….beety? they look gorgeous!
Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) recently posted..Japan: The sit-down foodMy Profile