new finds

by Lori and Michelle on June 21, 2012

Happy Thursday luvs!

We wanted to share some new natural products we are trying out over here. Please let us know if you have tried any of them, would love to hear your thoughts!

sally-bs-skin-yummiesWe found about Sally B’s Skin Yummies from Kimberly Snyder

Sally B’s products are organic, natural, non-toxic, and Paraben free! We are excited to try it out. We only got this one product to see how our skin likes it.

magnesium-citrate

You all now we have a sluggish system, and we wanted to give magnesium a try to see if it helps us in the bathroom. Our friend Megan mentioned it has helped keep her regularly. We shall see.

As much as we love our Starbucks coffee, we do try to brew it up at home. It seems like every time we go to the store we try out a new coffee. Recently been enjoying this one.

Counter Culture Coffee is organic, direct trade certified, and shade grown.

So far we have been enjoying their coffee.

natural-deodorant-cream

We have been on the hunt for a natural deodorant for a long time and have had no luck. We found Soap Walla while shopping over on Etsy.

We have not tried it yet, but we will report back once we do!

soap-walla-deodorant

Now onto exciting news, not that getting regular bowel movements and deodorant are not exciting, but we have finally made progress with Twin Cakes! Remember we mentioned we are dealing with some small business issues, well this whole week we have been working hard on finalizing our new products and working on new website.

Check it out and let us know what you think. We still have some things to do on the website but overall it works! We are working on taking better pictures and still working on new packaging but making steps forward. And in terms of a food manufacturing, we are still researching what to do! Our friend and fellow FitFluential Ambassador Nicole has been a great help! Thank you so much Nicole!! Make sure you check out her amazing bakery!!!

cardamom-almond-biscotti-biteNew look for our biscotti! Remember how we showed you guys how we hand mold them, well now we form them into small cookie shapes. This makes them a lot easier to make!! We hope our customers understand the change. And honestly we find our new products to be much better!!!!

We are going to be offering a sale this weekend so everyone can try out our new products! Make sure you follow Twin Cakes on Facebook and/or Twitter for the announcement!

And hopefully once we get Twin Cakes all finalized, we can continue to work on our new blog!!

Once last thing, anyone running in the Rock and Roll Marathon or Half Marathon this weekend in Seattle? If yes, or even if in the area, stop by the expo and see our sister Raw Threads!!

Have a wonderful day!

Let us know any thoughts on the products we listed? And please share feedback on our bakery’s new site?

THANKS!

L & M

Sonya June 21, 2012 at 9:33 am

You girls need to get Magnesium Oxide. Mag07 by Aerobic Life is amazing… http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PKEJR0/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00014H7GA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0FFYXJQ1YYX8ZR5BVKM9
They’re non habit forming and really work well. You take 2 at night and in the am you are good to go! Kimberly Snyder also recommends them.

Lori and Michelle June 21, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Sonya we do have those too! thanks!!

Melissa June 21, 2012 at 7:31 pm

AWESOME supplement, also tried those with amazing results! really makes your system feel “cleaned out” when you need to get back on track after over indulging…think one too many margaritas ;)

Nicole @ Making Good Choices June 21, 2012 at 10:06 am

you girls are SO welcome! so glad I can help you, since you’ve been a huge inspiration to me! :)
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Healthy Can Be Easy: 10 Minute Meals & Tips!My Profile

Lori and Michelle June 21, 2012 at 1:14 pm

xoxoxo Nicole!

lindsay June 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm

i need learn from you both! such great business advice. and bowel movements of course. haha
lindsay recently posted..Love Button List & WorkoutMy Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 21, 2012 at 10:20 am

My sister uses Soap Walla deodorant as she has really sensitive skin that reacts to things easily, and she loves it. She started buying their other products too and has reported back only positive things!

Lori and Michelle June 21, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Anna awesomse! glad to hear this

Lg June 21, 2012 at 10:35 am

Hey ladies..I do use the Soap Walla deodorant and I like it..alternate between that and roll-on crystal deodorant..seems to do the job..I would love to know if the magnesium citrate works because I also have a sluggish system.. I love your blog and follow alot of your workouts!!!

sophie June 21, 2012 at 10:41 am

Hi :)

Will you ladies be keeping this site up so that we can access all your awesome recipes??!!!

Lori and Michelle June 21, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Sophie yes pure2raw will still exist!!

Melissa A June 21, 2012 at 11:11 am

oh I love the bitesize packaged treats!!! Can’t wait for the sale to try the spiced cocoa chews….sounds like the perfect workout snack :)

jen June 21, 2012 at 11:21 am

the soapwalla deoderant is awesome! love her stuff! have been using it for a couple years now after reading about it over on bonzai aphrodite.

Cindy June 21, 2012 at 11:34 am

There is a salon in Minneapolis whose owner develops her own products with a lot of thought and dedication to the product ingredients. I love their tanning lotion but they also have a natural deodorant that I think you’d like.

After reading your blog for awhile, I think you’ll like the philosophy behind Kasia Organic Salon.

Lori and Michelle June 21, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Thanks for sharing Cindy we will check it out

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free June 21, 2012 at 11:58 am

Good luck with your new blog and bakery changes, girls! I’m sure those biscotti are still wonderfully tasty :D
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Day 2: Summer FunMy Profile

the delicate place June 21, 2012 at 12:07 pm

interested in hearing about the deodorant cream? i’m a sweater! i have been enjoying barlean’s flax oil on salads and just taking tablespoons of it straight lately. still trying to get a cycle 6 months post pill now :/
the delicate place recently posted..OMG!My Profile

Lori and Michelle June 21, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Melissa sorry to hear…we are both not regular with our cycles either!

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 21, 2012 at 2:06 pm

so exciting about your business! the new biscotti looks terrific! and it looks like you’ve found some interesting products too! I’m also on the lookout for a natural deodorant!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..GF Cauliflower Pancakes w/ Kale Pesto & 6 Pounds of Nuts!My Profile

janetha [meals & moves] June 21, 2012 at 3:19 pm

i always love hearing about new products! thanks for sharing your finds.
janetha [meals & moves] recently posted..breaking up is hard to do.My Profile

nicole June 21, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Magnesium Citrate -can’t go a day without it!

Laury@TheFitnessDish June 21, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I ‘m interested to find out about the deodarant too. I have had no luck with Tom’s or any of the stuff from Whole Foods. I’ve tried so many brands. With very active girls like us, it can be tough! There was one that worked for me for a while..then my hormones changed or something with pregnancy, and not so much anymore :( I can’t even remember which one it was now?
Laury@TheFitnessDish recently posted..Super-Food Green Push-Pops & Munchkin MealsMy Profile

Cookie June 21, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Hi there- Not to be a downer but to be honest, “biscotti” in a cookie shape is not really that appealing to me. It becomes another raw “blob”. Many raw treats are sold in the blob, disc, “cookie” form. Your biscotti shape was unique and made it more appealing. We eat with our eyes first. I’m sure they taste great but I think you should keep the biscotti shape or just call them cookies.

Lea June 21, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I love Counter Culture Coffee! The coffee shop on my college campus serves Counter Culture and it never disappoints. I also love that their coffee is organic and shade grown.
I’ll have to check out that deodorant. I’ve been on the market for a new natural deodorant, I’m using Tom’s of Maine right now and I like it but it doesn’t hold up as well in the summer.
Lea recently posted..Easy Peasy Meals.My Profile

Gillian June 22, 2012 at 5:08 am

Would love to know what you think of Sally B’s supplements!! I just reviewed some of their make-up!! xoxo
Gillian recently posted..Saving Face: Cleaning Out My Cosmetic Bag (Part 2)My Profile

Lori and Michelle June 22, 2012 at 6:12 am

so far we are liking it, we looked at their site and found some more things we would like to try.

Liz August 14, 2012 at 10:25 am

I know I’m late to the discussion (meant to comment ASA you posted) but an online company called Bubble And Bee (www.bubbleandbee.com) makes an AMAZING natural deodorant called Pit Putty.

She actually has several deodorant formulations (a classic clear stick, a cream, a spray, and the putty). It is amazingly effective and they all smell DELICIOUS. It’s organic, and, not including the 2 essential oils she uses to scent the products, it only has 2 ingredients! (The baking soda variety has 3 ingredients.)

I cannot say enough good things about both the company and it’s president/founder — she is unbelievably educated, knowledgeable, and so pleasantly helpful. I urge EVERYONE to give the putty a go. (When I started using it, I was being repeatedly let down by my high strength anti-perspirants, both with wetness and odor, but pit putty to the rescue!) Please note that pit putty is a DEODORANT, not an anti-perspirant; it’s goal is to make sure you don’t stink. But, other than when I’m working out, it keeps me plenty dry.

Lori and Michelle June 22, 2012 at 6:11 am

girl you know we like our good bowel movements ;) haha