perfect fit protein

by Lori and Michelle on June 13, 2012

Happy Wednesday friends!

Thank you for all the sweet words of support and encouragement on our small business challenges post. We are so honored to have such amazing readers and friends! Thank you!!

Today we are sharing a review of the Perfect Fit Protein Powder created by the Tone It Up girls.

Ever since we mentioned on our facebook page that we bought some, many of you have requested for us to share our thoughts on the Perfect Fit Brown Rice protein. We received our Perfect Fit Protein last week sometime and have been enjoying it almost everyday.

*Disclaimer: We bought this protein powder with our OWN money. Did not get paid for this review.

perfect fit protein package

We love the little individual packets, perfect for traveling.

We were amazed by how much we really liked it – since our first time experimenting with Sun Warrior Brown Rice Protein a few years ago was not that great (though in the video we explain more of how we have become to like Sun Warrior).

The Tone It Up girls did a great job with this brown rice protein blend. We are impressed and now excited to enjoy Perfect Fit Protein in our daily lives.

brown rice protein powder from the Tone It Up girlsWe love the texture and flavor of the Perfect Fit Protein. We have enjoyed it as our ‘protein sludge’ –> we show how we make this in the video below!

Perfect Fit Protein has great flavor. We did not find it to be chalky like other protein powders can be. It is gluten-free, non-gmo, vegan and raw, has 15 grams of protein for 70 calories per packet . Love those stats!

perfect fit protein pancake recipeWe have already made the Tone It Up girls protein pancakes. Delicious!

mixing yogurt with perfect fit proteinHere we mixed some protein powder with some coconut yogurt…mmm so good and so easy!

tone it up perfect fit proteinWe have yet to find a way that we do not like Perfect Fit Protein powder. We find it to be smooth with a light airy texture.

The ingredients are pretty impressive as well. It is made up from organic sprouted brown rice protein, brown rice syrup solids, vanilla, stevia, guar gum, and sea salt.  For more information and recipes check out the website perfectfitprotein.

Try some yourself and let us know what you think. We are really loving it and think you will too!

It has been awhile since we have done a video and thought it would be fun to do a review video style. Enjoy.

Twins Question: Have you tried Perfect Fit Protein yet? Do you give some protein powders a second try if you did not like it the first time? What do you look for most in a protein powder, it is cost, taste, final texture, or how well it blends?

For us, it is the final texture. Taste we find is important but you can always add things to make something taste better, for us texture is a big deal. In the video we clarify our thoughts on brown rice protein and why we like it now.

Lori and Michelle

Kristi June 13, 2012 at 9:35 am

tried it and love it! the indiv packets were a genius idea :)
Kristi recently posted..Orange Tofu Vegetable and Brown Rice Lettuce WrapsMy Profile

Sarah Hamilton June 13, 2012 at 9:39 am

Agree! I love Perfect Fit Protein! I have tried a bunch of kinds and this is by far the best tasting and I loove that it is low cal and no fat! That is hard to find with a good protein. :-)

Lauren June 13, 2012 at 9:41 am

I just recently bought Sunwarrior and really like it compared to some other rice proteins I’ve tried. This one looks really clean, as far as ingredients, so I’ll have to give it a go!
Lauren recently posted..Snacking and A Giveaway!My Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 13, 2012 at 10:21 am

Nice! I had seen the TIU girls had put out their own protein powder but have had wary experiences with rice protein in the past, so I appreciate the review gals!

Teri {a foodie stays fit} June 13, 2012 at 11:24 am

I’ll have to try this!

Have you tried it in your protein thin mints?

Lori and Michelle June 13, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Teri we not have tried in our thin mints yet, that will be next :)

Angela June 13, 2012 at 11:47 am

Thank you so much for reviewing this! I’ve been going back and forth about whether or not I was going to order this but this convinced me! I love the Tone it Up girls!
Angela recently posted..Random RamblesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 13, 2012 at 12:57 pm

So happy to hear this Angela!! Let us know what you think of it :) The Tone it Up girls are the best

Jessica LeBoeuf June 13, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I haven’t tried the tone it up girl protein, but it sounds impressive! I have been trying multiple protein powders lately. I also don’t stress too much about protein powders because I know I can get protein in other ways.

First I tried designer whey protein and other brands I can’t remember—> yummy but not the best ingredients
Second kind I tried was hemp protein—->first brand was absolutely disgusting and green! The second one by trader joes is pretty good. It’s kind of gritty though so it has to be blended VERY well.
I’m going to trader joes tomorrow so I guess onto brown rice protein powder next!

BTW both your complexions are looking great!!

Lori and Michelle June 13, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Thanks Jessica :) It is all about finding those few brands of protein powders, you will find the ones you like! Good luck.
And thanks about the sweet comment about our faces, Michelle’s face is still doing much better than mine. I am still breaking out like crazy, hard to tell that much in video as I have makeup on and tried not to get to close to the camera, as it is still very hard for me to be in front of people with my acne. But each day I feel as if I am getting better, taking it one day at a time.

Brittany June 13, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Love Perfect Fit Protein! I do not enjoy the sun warrior protein it is okay in dishes that are baked but not as a shake. Thanks for your blog! It has helped so much, love bodyrock! Have a great rest of your week!

Tahlee June 13, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Yay! Thanks for the review. Can’t wait to receive mine – I live in Australia so still waiting for delivery :D
Good to hear that the flavour and texture are good. I’ve found most other plant based protein powders to be bitter or bland and go lumpy when you try to blend them… I’m lactose intolerant so whey protein is a no-go, plus I find so many brands have fake sugars (like sucralose etc) so I’m really glad they only used stevia.
So I guess I look for the trifecta of taste, texture & natural, GF & dairy-free ingredients :)
Tahlee recently posted..The transition is always the hardest partMy Profile

Daniel June 18, 2012 at 10:57 pm

@Tahlee:
If you are lactose intolerant, you can opt for Whey protein isolate or milk protein isolate, neither of which contain lactose. I buy both in bulk and the company I order it from allows you to custom make the protein so I have them add stevia in it. A lot cheaper than buying retail powders and you get the ingredients you want.

I typically stay away from plant-based powders because they either taste bad, have poor mixibility, and/or possess that really chalky texture. I’ll give this a try, but only as a test. Price-wise, Perfect Fit protein is way too expensive for the type and amount of protein I’m getting.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 13, 2012 at 3:40 pm

You two couldn’t be any cuter!!! I love making my protein powders super thick. Sometimes I throw frozen berries into my thick mix and it makes me feel like I’m eating a decadent treat. I need to try that protein powder. I’ve been playing around with some. I live Plant Fusion, which I just recently bought. I don’t mind that they have different flavors and yes, I do give it a try a few times. Seriously, once you spend that much money on something like that, you have to eat it till it’s gone and by then, I’ve normally acquired a taste for it. Great video!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookie Dough BitesMy Profile

Nicole @ Making Good Choices June 13, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I’ve been wanting to try this since it came out. Thanks for the review!
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Pregnancy Fitness: Prenatal YogaMy Profile

Danielle@ Clean Food Creative Fitness June 13, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I love tone it up! I’m dying to try their protein and love that it comes in individual serving packets! I’ve heard only great things about it and can’t wait until I get through my last bag of protein to buy some!

Hannah June 13, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Man, every time I think I’ve tried all the protein powders out there, out pops a new one! Never heard of this, but of course, very curious now. It takes a lot to please me, but this option sounds surprisingly good! I hope it shows up in local stores soon.
Hannah recently posted..The Ultimate Ice-BreakerMy Profile

Liz @ iheartvegetables June 13, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I haven’t tried it, but I’ve heard a lot about it! Is the serving size a little smaller than others? (70 calories and 15g protein seems a little less than most!)
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..What I [Snacked] WednesdayMy Profile

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! June 13, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Looks so great! I really like how brown rice protein makes me feel, so I’m excited to try it.
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..WIAW – Snack Time!My Profile

Heather @ Fit Mama Real Food June 14, 2012 at 4:43 am

Sounds like an awesome protein powder! Non-chalky powder is a must for me, especially when I add it into smoothies and baked goods… It needs to be hidden or just add good flavor.
Heather @ Fit Mama Real Food recently posted..gluten free dietsMy Profile

Lisa June 14, 2012 at 6:52 am

I haven’t tried this type—but am not a huge fan of brown rice protein powder in general (texture)…. I’m picky because I know if it’s not good it will just sit in my cupboard forever…

I think you’re right—you can cover up taste, but you can’t cover up the texture as well!
Lisa recently posted..Chopped Salad…so it’s a little less like saladMy Profile

Empoweredeve January 15, 2013 at 5:26 am

Hi, I have a question for Daniel, who replied to Tahlee – what brand of Whey Protein did you use and can you please send me some information or the wdbsite for it?? I’m contemplating the TIU rice brown protein powder but it is far too expensive for me to have delivered to Australia – 59 bucks just for postage. I too love the idea of tailoring it and adding Stevia.
Thanks. And only just stumbled across this website girls and AM LOVING IT!!

Julie January 31, 2013 at 9:11 pm

I love the perfect fit protein! I mix it in a blender bottle with a blend of coconut milk and dark chocolate almond milk..it tastes like dessert!