simple sunday

by michelle on June 10, 2012

Made me some simple pancakes this morning…what should I top them with? chocolate? fruit? syrup? oh the decisions.

What did you have for breakfast?

Love having my day start with pancakes! The past few Sundays I have been spoiled with going out for brunch with my friend Teri. So instead of blending up a smoothie, pancakes were on the mind!  I have mentioned before that I am a pancake girl, it is still remains the case ;)

This past week Lori and I’s workouts have been all over the place in terms of when we workout, how long, and what exercises. They all lasted about 10 minutes this week plus our 5 minute plank! We are doing something new with our 5 minute plank  that we plan to share a new video of what we are doing. Excited to share it with you all as it is fun and challenging!

This past Friday we did manage to do the newest ZWOW #21.

Burpees with handstand was interesting, and kind of fun!! Who cannot forget the Ninja jump tucks (we remember doing these a lot when she was over at bodyrock). They are still a challenge.

Yesterday and today we are taking the day off as Lori is still unpacking her stuff at her new house. I have been over a few times and it is coming along! I know she is excited to share more pictures of her new house. Plus many of you have asked about her wedding pictures, she has not seen them yet from the photographer. We are waiting patiently for them.  Hopefully we receive them soon as Lori is anxious to see them!

Twins question: What is your favorite pancake topping? Not a pancake person, what is your favorite brunch menu item to enjoy?

Michelle

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 10, 2012 at 7:05 am

I am a pancake girl too! I love topping mine with fruit and peanut butter! Chia jam is my new favorite with a swirl of melty peanut butter. So good! I hope you have an incredible Sunday!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Gluten Free and Dairy Free Cinnamon Roll Attempt…My Profile

Lori and Michelle June 10, 2012 at 9:27 am

Sarena,we need to try some chia jam on ours!

Joy June 10, 2012 at 7:08 am

My Favorite brunch item is smoothies although the last time we got one I questioned my sanity it was: Apple, Beet, Carrot, Celery, Greens, and Wheatgrass. It kind of tasted like dirt in a glass
Joy recently posted..Friday fillins pupster additionMy Profile

Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 10, 2012 at 7:16 am

I had pancakes for breakfast too – coconut flour ones. They were pretty good! My favourite topping is definitely maple syrup, but I’m a wee bit biased. ;) Zuzana’s workouts are awesome. I doubt I’d ever be able to get up into a handstand like that though – she makes it look so easy!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..A Visit to Burwash ManorMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 10, 2012 at 9:28 am

Sam I love my maple syrup as well!

Doris @vanillacocoberry June 10, 2012 at 8:54 am

oooh Zuzana.. she never stops torturing us, does she?? and I love it hehehe
I need to do this workout tomorrow, thanks for the inspiration!

your pancake looks yummy, I also had protein pancakes this morning. which recipe did you follow??? and what did u end up topping it off with? I topped mine with shredded coconut, raw almonds and peaches!
Doris @vanillacocoberry recently posted..Eat Clean Diet FeatureMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 10, 2012 at 9:29 am

Doris, I put some slices of banana on top. I followed the Tone It Up girls protein pancakes, so good and quick.

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 10, 2012 at 9:11 am

pancakes are such a great way to start the morning:) I love almond butter sweetened with a little liquid stevia…mmm! good luck with the rest of the unpacking!!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..Potato Gratin w/ Red Pepper Cream Sauce! GF, V, BED!My Profile

chris June 10, 2012 at 9:21 am

What recipe did you use?

Lori and Michelle June 10, 2012 at 9:30 am

I followed the Tone It Up girls protein pancake recipe, made from protein powder, egg whites, banana, and flax meal.

Bonnie June 10, 2012 at 9:43 am

Those pancakes look perfect! I rarely have the patience to let the pan get warm slowly and end up going high heat and burning mine…gotta practice patience. ;) My fav toppings? Chia seeds (b/c they’re fun-looking and for the nutritional value!), almond butter, Greek yogurt, sliced banana, cinnamon, and frozen (unless I have fresh!) blueberries. YUM. and pretty much the same thing I put in my oatmeal too. It’s my fav combo that I can’t go wrong with. ;) …what’d you end up topping yours with today?
Bonnie recently posted..The Other 23…My Profile

Doris @vanillacocoberry June 10, 2012 at 9:52 am

hi again! I also follow the TIU recipe!! but yours look so different from mine… mine are always falling apart! I make 2 pancakes from the TIU recipe.. but still they crumble so easily! I would have never guessed that its the same recipe you use! Whats your secret???
Doris @vanillacocoberry recently posted..Eat Clean Diet FeatureMy Profile

Rebeca June 10, 2012 at 11:17 am

I love pancakes and protein french toast as well! My by far fave topping is a sauteed berry and chia sauce, its truly delicious.
I can’t seem to get the ninja jump tucks either, I’ve been practicing even from the old bodyrock workouts and still cant seem to get it :(

The Delicate Place June 10, 2012 at 12:30 pm

i am on zwow15 haha i have some catching up to do! i try to do 1 zwow a week but there are just so many good online workouts to do these days! i like all the variety :) my fave pancake topping is raw coconut butter with fresh berries!
The Delicate Place recently posted..praha part IIMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 10, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Melissa, we have skipped a few of her ZWOW, we will have to go back and do them.

Priscilla P June 10, 2012 at 12:31 pm

We’re having pancakes this morning too :) wish I had some fresh strawberries and peaches to top them off with! I also wish I had a mimosa…haha!

TeriLyn [a foodie stays fit] June 10, 2012 at 5:13 pm

seriously, we need to have REGULAR brunch dates because it has been the highlight of my summer getting together with you! I love me some tofu scrambles and biscuits for breakfast! And goat cheese grits :)

TeriLyn [a foodie stays fit] recently posted..The WeekenderMy Profile

Lori and Michelle June 10, 2012 at 6:52 pm

haha Yes! I am still dreaming of those goat cheese grits!! miss you

Melissa S June 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I have been reading your posts for a while, but this is my first time to comment….I also had pancakes this morning! Yum! My favorite toppings are nut butter or earth balance. Maybe next time I will try it with a mimosa :)

Lori and Michelle June 10, 2012 at 6:53 pm

We are coming over for mimosas!

Liz @ iheartvegetables June 10, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Now that I hit my goal of the 5 minute plank (I’m going to attempt to film myself, simply so I can tell if my form is WAY off) I can’t wait to set a new goal! I also can’t wait to hear how you ladies are doing :)
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..Cauliflower Tabbouleh Recipe!My Profile

Meagan June 11, 2012 at 6:38 am

My brother got married last summer and it took WEEKS, or more like 2 months, to get the photos back, def no fun!! I hope you get yours soon :D
Meagan recently posted..What Is Up and What Is Down.My Profile

Jess June 11, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I am a massive pancake fan, but my favourite brunch would have to be some sort of gourmet muesli or muesli + greek yoghurt parfait!
Jess recently posted..A Ginger Kiss for Bronwyn JeanMy Profile